Products > Test Equipment

Ebay SCAMS?

(1/13) > >>

EEVblog:
What's the deal with this ebay store?
Stuff like used test gear, supposed based in Bondi Junction in Sydney with massive feedback and reputation, but a dodgy image saying that all bids wil be removed, and if interested to email some dodgy domain that doesn't exist?

I can understand these scams, but how do they get 47,000 feedback and 99.7% feedback? I can only presume these are hijacked ebay store, like Youtube channel get hijacked?

Jackster:
Report it to @AskeBay on Twitter?. They are super responsive there unlike the website.

Definitely hijacked or bought an old store.
That image is against seller rules as well.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: Jackster on August 14, 2022, 11:46:25 am ---Report it to @AskeBay on Twitter?. They are super responsive there unlike the website.

Definitely hijacked or bought an old store.
That image is against seller rules as well.

--- End quote ---

I found another one, and even bigger store, stealing and reusing photos because they are background watermarked  :palm:
Might be a video on this warning people tomorrow.

jpanhalt:
Searched eBay.com for that seller.  There were a lot of its listings in UK.  Almost all were very low priced.
https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R40&_nkw=&_in_kw=1&_ex_kw=&_sacat=0&_udlo=&_udhi=&_ftrt=901&_ftrv=1&_sabdlo=&_sabdhi=&_samilow=&_samihi=&_sadis=15&_stpos=44090&_sargn=-1%26saslc%3D1&_salic=1&_fss=1&_fsradio=%26LH_SpecificSeller%3D1&_saslop=1&_sasl=topshoediscount&_sop=1&_dmd=1&_ipg=60&_fosrp=1

Restricted search to >$100 USD and got only 8 listings.  Here's just one of them:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/374213037138?hash=item5720d5cc52:g:nfMAAOSwbBphn1nq
All of those items were in Australia and the disclaimer about removingbids for Keysight MSOS254A is the same.  Listing shows $287.65, but when clicked on, it shows current bid AU$898

Suspicious.  The UK store might be legitimate.  The Australian???

coromonadalix:
yeah  the ebay normal declaration page is a joke, it never works for me

I've seen many photo of the same items sold under many "items numbers"

pfff

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version