Products > Test Equipment

EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread

<< < (377/381) > >>

SeoulBigChris:
Got my 121 finally, on a circuitous path through a buddy in New Zealand because they can’t shop from Australia to South Korea for some reason.

Been working great! I was testing a board where I can program resistance (like a digipot) and I had the 121 connected for some time. A few times during the day I heard this loud alarm beep. The first couple of times I thought it was some alert from my aircon or electric fan. On the third time I finally realized it was the 121 telling me that it was about to auto-shutdown. That’s one loud beeper!

Neo2199:
Yeah, this multimeter is great. I have upgraded my leads to Pomona, good stuff :)

sirtet:
Hi all. I have two questions:

Firmware 2.05:
Where is it? on
https://www.eevblog.com/product/121gw/
i still see 2.04 as the latest...

Shim:
I don't know the full Story with the shim that some revisions needed because of a wrong pcb thickness, so:
Do i have to check if my meter needs the shim, or were no meters sold without that fix?

PS:
@dave, there's an issue with reporting an issue (not that i had one, just saw this:)

J-R:
Dave posted the 2.05 firmware one page back.  Here's a link to it: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/eevblog-121gw-discussion-thread/?action=dlattach;attach=1213626

I'm sure there are units out there where they are "supposed" to have the shim but don't.  Personally I think the shim is not always needed.  I have two that came with the shim but removed it because I thought the switch felt better without it.  Zero issues so far.  If I need it after the contacts wear, I'll re-install.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: sirtet on July 22, 2021, 11:21:02 am ---I don't know the full Story with the shim that some revisions needed because of a wrong pcb thickness, so:
Do i have to check if my meter needs the shim, or were no meters sold without that fix?

--- End quote ---

IIRC no meters were sold without the shim. It was limited to the Kickstarter shipped units.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version