Products > Test Equipment

EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread

<< < (379/381) > >>

cmumford:
What does everybody think about unpinning the 121GW discussion threads? I love mine, but I think the topics have quieted down enough that maybe we don't need three (or even one) of them pinned anymore. Just a thought...

joeqsmith:

--- Quote from: cmumford on September 01, 2021, 09:15:07 pm ---What does everybody think about unpinning the 121GW discussion threads? I love mine, but I think the topics have quieted down enough that maybe we don't need three (or even one) of them pinned anymore. Just a thought...

--- End quote ---

I've thought that for a while as well.  I'm actually surprised that Dave didn't consider it when announcing the new Brymen meter.  Then I thought it's a Brymen and is going to work....   :-DD

The TE thread is popular enough it stays on top so it also makes little sense to me. 

Others threads also seem old and unmaintained and I wonder the same thing.  What makes them worth being sticky?  Seems like it would be reserved.   Info for beginners and rules all make sense to me.    Even a single sticky thread for each of the products Dave markets makes some sense to me, just for the advertisement.   

Not a big deal to leave it.  Dave's site anyway and I enjoy the free use of it.  So, good job Dave!

tautech:

--- Quote from: joeqsmith on September 02, 2021, 12:06:15 am ---
--- Quote from: cmumford on September 01, 2021, 09:15:07 pm ---What does everybody think about unpinning the 121GW discussion threads? I love mine, but I think the topics have quieted down enough that maybe we don't need three (or even one) of them pinned anymore. Just a thought...

--- End quote ---

I've thought that for a while as well.  I'm actually surprised that Dave didn't consider it when announcing the new Brymen meter.  Then I thought it's a Brymen and is going to work....   :-DD

The TE thread is popular enough it stays on top so it also makes little sense to me. 

Others threads also seem old and unmaintained and I wonder the same thing.  What makes them worth being sticky?  Seems like it would be reserved.   Info for beginners and rules all make sense to me.    Even a single sticky thread for each of the products Dave markets makes some sense to me, just for the advertisement.   

Not a big deal to leave it.  Dave's site anyway and I enjoy the free use of it.  So, good job Dave!

--- End quote ---
Dave could easily create another board of EEVblog Products and shift all the threads there and sticky them or whatever.

Brumby:
"Could" - Yes.

"Should" - I would think not.  It's TE gear, so let's not fragment a subject unnecessarily.  Besides, it hardly impacts the use of the TE board.

e0ne199:

--- End quote ---
why?
where will you get the info about new firmware if this thread is unpinned?
and who knows if suddenly Dave and the manufacturer are generous enough to share 121GW's source code, right?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version