Products > Test Equipment

EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread

<< < (380/409) > >>

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: cmumford on September 01, 2021, 09:15:07 pm ---What does everybody think about unpinning the 121GW discussion threads? I love mine, but I think the topics have quieted down enough that maybe we don't need three (or even one) of them pinned anymore. Just a thought...

--- End quote ---

Yeah, fair enough, never thought about it.
Seemed important at the time of the Kickstarter when it was the go-to place for updated info, but now, meh, it's just another meter.
Have unstickied them.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: tautech on September 02, 2021, 12:27:28 am ---
--- Quote from: joeqsmith on September 02, 2021, 12:06:15 am ---
--- Quote from: cmumford on September 01, 2021, 09:15:07 pm ---What does everybody think about unpinning the 121GW discussion threads? I love mine, but I think the topics have quieted down enough that maybe we don't need three (or even one) of them pinned anymore. Just a thought...

--- End quote ---

I've thought that for a while as well.  I'm actually surprised that Dave didn't consider it when announcing the new Brymen meter.  Then I thought it's a Brymen and is going to work....   :-DD

The TE thread is popular enough it stays on top so it also makes little sense to me. 

Others threads also seem old and unmaintained and I wonder the same thing.  What makes them worth being sticky?  Seems like it would be reserved.   Info for beginners and rules all make sense to me.    Even a single sticky thread for each of the products Dave markets makes some sense to me, just for the advertisement.   

Not a big deal to leave it.  Dave's site anyway and I enjoy the free use of it.  So, good job Dave!

--- End quote ---
Dave could easily create another board of EEVblog Products and shift all the threads there and sticky them or whatever.

--- End quote ---

Well that just lit up an idea. What if there was a Specific Instruments test equipment section where each instrument of note (say several pages is the trigger) got it's own thread and they are all stickied.
It could be an easy go-to section for specific much talked about instruments?
If an ok idea I could make this a specific poll test to see what the general response is?
https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/poll-specific-instruments-forum-section/

tautech:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on September 06, 2021, 05:06:44 am ---
--- Quote from: tautech on September 02, 2021, 12:27:28 am ---
--- Quote from: joeqsmith on September 02, 2021, 12:06:15 am ---

--- End quote ---

I've thought that for a while as well.  I'm actually surprised that Dave didn't consider it when announcing the new Brymen meter.  Then I thought it's a Brymen and is going to work....   :-DD

The TE thread is popular enough it stays on top so it also makes little sense to me. 

Others threads also seem old and unmaintained and I wonder the same thing.  What makes them worth being sticky?  Seems like it would be reserved.   Info for beginners and rules all make sense to me.    Even a single sticky thread for each of the products Dave markets makes some sense to me, just for the advertisement.   

Not a big deal to leave it.  Dave's site anyway and I enjoy the free use of it.  So, good job Dave!

--- End quote ---
Dave could easily create another board of EEVblog Products and shift all the threads there and sticky them or whatever.

--- End quote ---

Well that just lit up an idea. What if there was a Specific Instruments test equipment section where each instrument of note (say several pages is the trigger) got it's own thread and they are all stickied.
It could be an easy go-to section for specific much talked about instruments?
If an ok idea I could make this a specific poll test to see what the general response is?

--- End quote ---
Yeah well if you examine the current Products board structure there are a few options if you must move stuff around and stir up grumbles where certainly you could add a Specific Instruments board where you could also further divide it into brands.....EEVblog brand instruments too of course.

Maybe a Products> TE Brands> by Brand sub board, each with stickys of certain popular models.
Too much work ?

arekm:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on April 22, 2021, 02:56:09 am ---I now have v2.05

--- End quote ---

Any reason it's not on https://www.eevblog.com/product/121gw/ ?

cmumford:
I wish that site management of eevblog.com could somehow be delegated. I'm sure that trustworthy volunteers would step up and maintain the 121GW section (I would), but I'm guessing that the site probably isn't setup for that.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version