Products > Test Equipment

EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread

(1/409) > >>

plexus:
I searched the forum and coulnd't find an appropriate general purpose 121GW thread. So here it is!

Question: what are the various straps in the case to be used for? I can't figure them out.

Here is an unboxing video I made today when mine arrived:

I'll be RTFM now that I have played around with it a bit. It's a very nice meter so far. Feels well built!

Mr.B:
I don't have mine yet.
I will be in wave 2 of the shipping (March?).

My question:
The manual specifically says: Battery Type: 4 x 1.5 V AA alkaline battery (ANSI/NEDA 15 A or IEC LR6)

Can anyone (Dave) confirm if it is safe to use the slightly higher voltage Energizer L91 Ultimate Lithium
http://data.energizer.com/pdfs/l91.pdf

Many thanks

beanflying:
Quick Capacitance check on mine against my HP box. Does that very close 😎

beanflying:
Quick resistance check against my 0.02% (1ohm 0.03%) Resistance box. Temp is 25-26 degrees btw.

It does ok below 1 ohm but that territory isn't fair on two wire so just 1 ohm and up was all I have included.

Also tested against some Vishay 0.005% (some pairs) I have 'laying' around  ::)

10k      9.999k
10k      10.000k
500R    0.5000k
500R    0.5000k
100R    100.05
5k        5.000k

knapik:
I just got mine earlier today. I'm pretty happy with it so far, but I haven't really gave it any purposeful use yet.

In regards to the question about the straps, I'm pretty sure they're for securing the multimeter and leads like this. I also see that there's another strap on the back, Dave must have liked that multimeter strap patent so much, that he wanted one too ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version