Author Topic: EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread  (Read 776559 times)

Offline SmudgerD

• SmudgerD's guitar effects and electronics blog
Re: EEVBlog 121GW Discussion thread
« Reply #700 on: May 16, 2018, 11:11:51 am »
I'm an EU JBG backer and I can't see a paypal invoice, not sure if its a PEBKAC or not but everything looks ok on the kickstarter survey, anyone else in the same boat? :-//

Same here. Dave's update said we should have received a PayPal invoice today implying that the PayPal invoices went out before the Kickstarter update, but I haven't seen a PayPal invoice yet.

SmudgerD

Offline firewalker

• Super Contributor
« Reply #701 on: May 16, 2018, 12:19:57 pm »
I received my invoice 4 hours ago.

Alexander.
Become a realist, stay a dreamer.

Offline jordanp123

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #702 on: May 16, 2018, 12:20:49 pm »
Haven't received my shipment notification yet (USA), but I'll just wait for it to come in for a few days, then ask for tracking if it doesn't show.

Offline pa3weg

• Contributor
« Reply #703 on: May 16, 2018, 01:38:33 pm »
Outta luck!
Paypal does not allow guest checkout in the Netherlands |O
guess I will have to risk it with customs and possible have a hefty fee applied.

Before anyone asks, no I do not want a PayPal account and no, I will not give my phone number, as it is not essential to the process

Offline IanB

• Super Contributor
« Reply #704 on: May 16, 2018, 01:54:15 pm »
Update coming on KS today.
All Great Scott US backers have now been shipped. If anyone in the US can post a photo of the packaging then we'd be curious to see it. Thanks.

Other remaining Great Scott backers also shipped, so that's all of them now  :phew:

Just for info, I have not received a shipping notification or tracking number. How long should I wait before querying this?

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #705 on: May 16, 2018, 02:08:26 pm »
Update coming on KS today.
All Great Scott US backers have now been shipped. If anyone in the US can post a photo of the packaging then we'd be curious to see it. Thanks.

Other remaining Great Scott backers also shipped, so that's all of them now  :phew:

Just for info, I have not received a shipping notification or tracking number. How long should I wait before querying this?

Given the number of Great Scott backers on KS comments saying they haven't received a tracking number, it seems I may interpreted wording wrongly from Kane that they had all been shipped and emails sent. Checking on that now, should hear back tomorrow.

Offline jordanp123

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #706 on: May 16, 2018, 02:09:56 pm »
Got my tracking number in the last 5 minutes. FedEx.

Offline synapsis

• Regular Contributor
    • Blackcow
« Reply #707 on: May 16, 2018, 02:44:54 pm »
US Great Scott backer 435, no tracking.

And Kickstarter doesn't seem the recognize the email I used to back the project, so this is the only way I can comment. :(

My BM235 is still cranking along, though!

Offline ChunkyPastaSauce

• Supporter
« Reply #708 on: May 16, 2018, 03:14:52 pm »

Just received a fedex tracking number 30 mins ago as well  (from 121gwdonotreply@gmail.com)

Fedex can't find it though:

Code: [Select]
Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender.

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #709 on: May 16, 2018, 03:17:51 pm »

Just received a fedex tracking number 30 mins ago as well  (from 121gwdonotreply@gmail.com)

Not found
This tracking number cannot be found, please check the number or contact the sender.

Has to actually be scanned at a FedEx location to show up on their site, you probably got the email when the shipping invoice was created.

The following users thanked this post: ChunkyPastaSauce

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #710 on: May 16, 2018, 03:41:07 pm »
Ok, so is it safe to say US backers are receiving the meters with FedEx shipping?
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Bratster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #711 on: May 16, 2018, 03:48:19 pm »
Got my FedEx tracking at 7:47a PST.

Sent from my Moto x4 using Tapatalk

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #712 on: May 16, 2018, 03:54:03 pm »

Great (Scott),
Can you induced anything from the email. Like and first sentence line. Or the email domain it was sent from.
This way other and I can search our inbox for this first sentence to make sure it wasn’t filtered to another folder.
Don’t include you shipping # or any personal information for your privacy.
Thanks,
Scott
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline Bratster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #713 on: May 16, 2018, 04:00:18 pm »

Great (Scott),
Can you induced anything from the email. Like and first sentence line. Or the email domain it was sent from.
This way other and I can search our inbox for this first sentence to make sure it wasn’t filtered to another folder.
Thanks,
Scott
Subject: 121gw tracking
Sender name: eevblog 121gw
Sender email: 121gwdonotreply@gmail.com
Message body: HELLO YOUR 121GW METER IS SHIPPING VIA FEDEX HERE IS YOUR TRACKING NUMBER: 

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #714 on: May 16, 2018, 04:06:52 pm »

Great (Scott),
Thanks,
Scott
Message body: HELLO YOUR 121GW METER IS SHIPPING VIA FEDEX HERE IS YOUR TRACKING NUMBER:

Thank you, that’s. Great help.
Well I wouldn’t delete an email with that subject, md for search box works with the submit I get Kickstarter update #24, 22, and 21 from April to May. So maybe they are still sending them out.
What backer # are you?
Thanks again,
Scott

Offline Bratster

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #715 on: May 16, 2018, 05:25:40 pm »

Great (Scott),
Thanks,
Scott

Thank you, that’s. Great help.
Well I wouldn’t delete an email with that subject, md for search box works with the submit I get Kickstarter update #24, 22, and 21 from April to May. So maybe they are still sending them out.
What backer # are you?
Thanks again,
Scott
I'm in the 100 to 200 range.

Edit: tracking now shows as label created. Should be here next week. :-)

Offline nickdepinet

• Supporter
« Reply #716 on: May 16, 2018, 06:03:55 pm »
I got that email yesterday, FedEx shows it currently on the way. Looks like kane is sending them out

Offline ChunkyPastaSauce

• Supporter
« Reply #717 on: May 16, 2018, 08:47:44 pm »

Not found

Has to actually be scanned at a FedEx location to show up on their site, you probably got the email when the shipping invoice was created.

Tracking info now showing, label generated, estimated delivery for tomorrow (based on shipping today).

Offline VinzC

• Regular Contributor
  • See you later, oscillator.
« Reply #718 on: May 16, 2018, 08:48:54 pm »
@Dave

I have indeed received the Paypal note for the EU VAT invoice. (I'm on the Johnny B. Goode batch.) However I can't seem to be able to pay via Paypal; the Australian (not Austrian) version allows me to pay without creating an account (which I of course *do* want), unfortunately after selecting my country and language, I'm taken by the balls and have to create an account... :wtf: screw them, I f*** hate that!  :--

Instead I could either pay the VAT by bank transfer (this is the term I'm used to with Digi-Key when not using a credit card), for which I'd need a bank account number (though I might have to pay more but I just don't care) or... I also use to pay the remaining taxes upon delivery to the driver, so if it's a possibility, so be it. Send cash inside an envelope? Why not. Name your price.

And thanks again for this work.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #719 on: May 17, 2018, 02:39:38 am »
Great Scott!  US customer.  I have a Fedex tracking number and the unit is to be delivered Friday 5/18.  The package is actually in transit.

I didn't know how to reply to Dave's Kickstarter query re: having tracking numbers so here I am.

Offline PeterL

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #720 on: May 17, 2018, 08:08:19 am »
@Dave

I have indeed received the Paypal note for the EU VAT invoice. (I'm on the Johnny B. Goode batch.) However I can't seem to be able to pay via Paypal; the Australian (not Austrian) version allows me to pay without creating an account (which I of course *do* want), unfortunately after selecting my country and language, I'm taken by the balls and have to create an account... :wtf: screw them, I f*** hate that!  :--

Instead I could either pay the VAT by bank transfer (this is the term I'm used to with Digi-Key when not using a credit card), for which I'd need a bank account number (though I might have to pay more but I just don't care) or... I also use to pay the remaining taxes upon delivery to the driver, so if it's a possibility, so be it. Send cash inside an envelope? Why not. Name your price.

O c'mon Because you don't want to sign up with paypal Dave has to bend in seven ways to give a solution that suits you? Remember that this is already goodwill from Dave. If you don't like it just pay the mailman.

Offline ChrisG

• Supporter
« Reply #721 on: May 17, 2018, 10:50:34 am »
Having my 121GW since many months now. The issue with the range switch is getting worse. Anxiously awaiting the new range switch and shim. So far no news in my email or normal postal inbox. Any people in Europe received the new range switch and shim? I noticed some German 121GW users on this thread?

Offline tcottle

• Contributor
« Reply #722 on: May 17, 2018, 02:23:45 pm »
I'm a Great Scott backer (#260) and just received a e-mail with a tracking number.  W00t!   Tracking shows that it is shipping from Indianapolis

Offline VinzC

• Regular Contributor
  • See you later, oscillator.
« Reply #723 on: May 17, 2018, 03:15:11 pm »
@Dave

O c'mon Because you don't want to sign up with paypal Dave has to bend in seven ways to give a solution that suits you? Remember that this is already goodwill from Dave. If you don't like it just pay the mailman.
Where did I write Dave has to "bend"?  :palm: Does asking a question imply that the answer is Dave has to... damn'... I don't even follow your logic. If Dave doesn't agree, he can always say "no" which, if you read me again, is part of the (open) option list I gave — damn! why do I have to justify myself in the first place?

I for one just don't want to "bend" (to quote your terms) before Paypal — why are Australians allowed to pay without creating an account and Belgians not? Hmm?

I'm not *demanding* Dave to satisfy me and fix Paypal's lack of features for me, I'm just *asking (if)*, see the difference? Neither do I ask you to comment my reasons, for which you have absolutely no clue. So please stop criticizing me for asking.

Only the last part of your sentence is relevant:
If you don't like it just pay the mailman.
I suppose you're replying in Dave's behalf, right >:D ?

Tip: no need to think you've got to give lessons and ride your high horse. I don't criticize your choices (which I don't care) so don't criticize mine. Thanks for the info, by the way.
« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 03:19:11 pm by VinzC »

Offline DaJMasta

• Super Contributor
    • medpants.com
« Reply #724 on: May 17, 2018, 03:35:06 pm »
I'm a Great Scott backer (#260) and just received a e-mail with a tracking number.  W00t!   Tracking shows that it is shipping from Indianapolis

Also got mine, number 269, with the same details.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf