Products > Test Equipment

EEVBlog 121GW Multimeter Firmware Details

<< < (59/61) > >>

ceut:

--- Quote from: dougg on March 06, 2020, 04:02:29 pm ---These results were obtained with a recently delivered 121GW running upgraded 2.04 firmware** and an Agilent U8001A power supply. I was pressing the "Output On/Off" button with the voltage set to 20 Volts (1 Amp current limit). When pressing "On" the meter's digital readout blanks in most cases and just after 1 second displays 19.992 volts. The indicator bar goes fully to the right then drops back to the correct position in probably 1/3 second. Once in a while a voltage in the 8 to 9 volt range pops up momentarily before showing the correct voltage. Pretty well the same thing happens in reverse when I press the "Off" button, but it is more likely to show a lower voltage momentarily and the bar indicator drops to zero more or less immediately. The ambient temperature was around 17C .

** Somewhat worryingly the meter was delivered with 2.01 firmware which is listed in the manual as "do no use".

--- End quote ---

--- Quote from: dougg on March 06, 2020, 04:09:03 pm ---Plus I would guesstimate a similar 1 second delay while the digital readout was blank when pressing the Range button on the 121GW. One range indicated overflow (the press after showing "20.0"). The bar indication moved promptly.

--- End quote ---

Thank you !!
So as I have seen in many youtube reviews(I think I saw all  ;D) , the meter is really slow to change its ranges, even in DC Volt mode.
So I will check for future FW update before buying it, and I may buy the U1272A which I find really fantastic but very expensive (I have one which not mine for testing purpose).
I have a good BM257 too, very good but too low in diode&capacitance mode.

pppopol:
Hi,

I ask myself this question, why the firmware version 2.04 is not included on Dave's EEVBlog site?
The latest firmware on EEVBlog being 2.02?

Regards

Brumby:
It's on his "To Do" list.

Has been for a while ....  ;D

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: pppopol on April 29, 2020, 06:41:42 pm ---I ask myself this question, why the firmware version 2.04 is not included on Dave's EEVBlog site?

--- End quote ---

I'm a slack arse.
It's now updated.

n3mmr:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on May 04, 2020, 01:22:28 am ---
--- Quote from: pppopol on April 29, 2020, 06:41:42 pm ---I ask myself this question, why the firmware version 2.04 is not included on Dave's EEVBlog site?

--- End quote ---

I'm a slack arse.
It's now updated.

--- End quote ---

Great self-esteem!  :-DD

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version