Products > Test Equipment

EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues

<< < (271/274) > >>

crispus:

--- Quote from: vyruz on May 27, 2021, 07:25:56 am ---I'd also be happy to settle for an affordable PCB replacement, if that would be an option. Anything really since now I've just got a very expensive paper weight.
--- End quote ---
I would be interested in this option too since my most expensive multimeter is useless. I asked about this option in this thread couple months ago but no response so far...

--- Quote from: crispus on March 25, 2021, 10:00:57 pm ---Is there a board replacement available? That would give me peace of mind...
--- End quote ---

jancumps:
I've tried to make a bit more targeted photos of my meter (SN 180701835 that is behaving well).

I can see some damage on that PTC and the shrink around it.

(the DMM case side is not damaged. What looks like damage is shadow of the component)

J-R:

--- Quote from: jancumps on May 27, 2021, 01:07:48 pm ---I've tried to make a bit more targeted photos of my meter (SN 180701835 that is behaving well).

I can see some damage on that PTC and the shrink around it.

(the DMM case side is not damaged. What looks like damage is shadow of the component)

--- End quote ---

Not sure if you're asking for info or just pointing this out, but of course future readers should push the metal shield tight against the side of the bottom case before re-assembly to avoid damaging the PTC.

EEVblog:
FYI, I have asked KaneTest for comment.

EEVblog:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on May 28, 2021, 12:43:25 am ---FYI, I have asked KaneTest for comment.

--- End quote ---

They have come back and said they can't see how it could have survived the factory calibrator HV test if it was a manufacturing error. But they have agreed to replace it. So email me your courier details.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version