Products > Test Equipment

EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues

<< < (273/273)

nuclearcat:

--- Quote from: EEVblog on June 06, 2021, 08:45:07 am ---
--- Quote from: Archon on June 04, 2021, 06:23:38 pm ---Hi, new user here. Is this the right place to ask if the above issue was related to manufacturing during the kickstarter? Did it result in a fix of some sort? If I were to order a 121GW right now, can I have confidence it won't have such an issue?

--- End quote ---

The PCB shim issues was limited to the first few thousands PCB's. That included all the Kickstarter units and a bunch of the first normal production units. All future PCB's have been the correct thickness and the issue was resolved. All units bought today do not have this issue, no one has old stock.

--- End quote ---
Sorry to ask here, but where to get this shim? I am one of "early kickstarter users", used multimeter very rarely, and i started to get contact issues (i have to press on knob to make multimeter on after changing mode).
Maybe there is some drawings and anything i can do DIY?

BrianG61UK:

--- Quote from: AVGresponding on November 05, 2020, 05:54:53 am ---
--- Quote from: BrianG61UK on November 04, 2020, 11:28:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jonathon_Doran on October 29, 2020, 01:06:14 pm ---Using  low-Z the voltage disappeared.  I read up on ghost voltage.  Yep, that was what I saw.
Thanks for your assistance.

--- End quote ---
Surely that means your ground is a high impedance, which means it's not ground at all and could be dangerous if you use it to ground something that needs a ground for safety reasons.

--- End quote ---

It could be induced voltage from a parallel running cable, however I'd recommend it's investigated by a qualified electrician using an installation tester.

--- End quote ---

I was forgetting that the 121GW in Low-Z mode is brain dead and shows zero even when there is a low voltage present.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version