Products > Test Equipment

EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues

<< < (273/284) > >>

BrianG61UK:

--- Quote from: AVGresponding on November 05, 2020, 05:54:53 am ---
--- Quote from: BrianG61UK on November 04, 2020, 11:28:16 pm ---
--- Quote from: Jonathon_Doran on October 29, 2020, 01:06:14 pm ---Using  low-Z the voltage disappeared.  I read up on ghost voltage.  Yep, that was what I saw.
Thanks for your assistance.

--- End quote ---
Surely that means your ground is a high impedance, which means it's not ground at all and could be dangerous if you use it to ground something that needs a ground for safety reasons.

--- End quote ---

It could be induced voltage from a parallel running cable, however I'd recommend it's investigated by a qualified electrician using an installation tester.

--- End quote ---

I was forgetting that the 121GW in Low-Z mode is brain dead and shows zero even when there is a low voltage present.

ShortCircuit:
I just checked my meter and mine too has the plastic insulator deformed by squishing the PTC, not enough to do damage though. Looks like the metal shield with insulator wasn't glued to the side of the case, which would've prevented this. I took the liberty of applying a piece of inflammable PSA tape to secure it to the case and prevent subsequent smoke egress and grief.

oliv3r:

--- Quote from: vyruz on May 23, 2021, 04:49:00 pm ---Hi everyone.
It seems my 121GW just broke, and I have no idea how or why :S

--- End quote ---

Hey @vyruz I'm sad to see your broken DMM :( I recall you got a replacement however, yeah? Do you still have the broken one? Would you want to offer it for science? :) Some of us are curious to get hi-res pictures/scans of the PCB; which would require removing all components first of course. Only a ruined DMM should be used for that of course :)

ShortCircuit:
Did anyone else notice that turning the bluetooth on causes the meter to cool by more than half a degree C and turning it back off causes it to heat back up to previous half a degree higher temperature?

bicycleguy:
@ShortCircuit
Good find!  and I thought I was picky.  Mine is almost exactly 1 degree F  :D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version