Author Topic: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues  (Read 674270 times)

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
Re: EEVblog 121GW Multimeter Issues
« Reply #925 on: July 27, 2019, 01:49:07 am »
The banana socket tips on my meter broke off with normal use, nothing was forced. I used Pomona banana cables inserted into meter. NBD for functionality, but it's a brand new meter and doesn't feel great..

The jacks are the same as have been used for decades on all industrial UEi meters. That's weird  :-//

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #926 on: July 27, 2019, 11:53:03 am »
That's a first. No other reports of that, and I've tried pulling the SD card during the update and other stuff to abuse it and the bootloader recovers fine.
Are the batteries ok?

Yup.

Offline dr.diesel

• Super Contributor
  • Cramming the magic smoke back in...
« Reply #927 on: July 27, 2019, 01:50:22 pm »
That's a first. No other reports of that, and I've tried pulling the SD card during the update and other stuff to abuse it and the bootloader recovers fine.
Are the batteries ok?

Not sure what's different, played with it a few times today trying to get back to the bootloader, 5-6 times no luck.  Then I pulled the batts again and just happen to attempt the bootloader while inserting the batteries (selector switch was not off) and it came up, flashed v2.0 without issue?

I guess issue resolved, thanks Dave.

Offline darik

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #928 on: July 27, 2019, 08:32:09 pm »
Not sure what's different, played with it a few times today trying to get back to the bootloader, 5-6 times no luck.  Then I pulled the batts again and just happen to attempt the bootloader while inserting the batteries (selector switch was not off) and it came up, flashed v2.0 without issue?

Maybe it got into a bad software state and needed the batteries pulled for an extended length of time to fully reset to where it could boot properly.

Online Brumby

• Supporter
« Reply #929 on: July 28, 2019, 02:06:33 am »
Quite likely, I think.

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #930 on: July 28, 2019, 07:37:23 am »
Are the batteries ok?

:phew:

But  :-//

Offline stuartmp

• Contributor
« Reply #931 on: August 02, 2019, 11:52:36 am »
Can I measure voltage peak to peak directly with this meter or do I need to calculate it?

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Offline EEVblog

• Administrator
    • EEVblog
« Reply #932 on: August 03, 2019, 12:12:55 am »
Can I measure voltage peak to peak directly with this meter or do I need to calculate it?

No, you can't do that with any meter. All meters are either average or RMS responding.
There is Peak mode, but that for capturing fast transients and not for peak-peak of a sine wave for example.

The following users thanked this post: Marco1971

Offline CDaniel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #933 on: August 03, 2019, 10:47:19 am »
When will be a firmware update for all the bugs in V2.0 discussed here , and for some older ones still not resolved ?
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 10:48:59 am by CDaniel »

The following users thanked this post: e0ne199

Offline stuartmp

• Contributor
« Reply #934 on: August 03, 2019, 08:54:35 pm »

No, you can't do that with any meter. All meters are either average or RMS responding.
There is Peak mode, but that for capturing fast transients and not for peak-peak of a sine wave for example.
Thanks Dave awesome meter by the way. Probably a silly question  , but is it not possible to calculate it then and add it to the mode button.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 03, 2019, 09:00:50 pm by stuartmp »

Offline CDaniel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #935 on: August 04, 2019, 07:09:10 am »
DC+ AC components one in primary display and the other in secondary ... this is possible .

Peak to peak is not that simple , for perfect sine wave you could calculate it easily , but for any wave forms you must have a very good processing power , like in a DSO .
« Last Edit: August 04, 2019, 07:12:44 am by CDaniel »

Offline Decee1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #936 on: August 04, 2019, 10:02:12 am »
Hello.
I was checking the specifications in the manual and saw the manual doesn't specify the tolerance from range 0,5 to 5V. I guess the manual mean 0.5 to 500V instead of 5 to 500V
Is this something that can be confirmed? Or am i just misunderstanding something?
Manual page 14:
https://www.eevblog.com/files/121GW-Manual-v12-proto.pdf#page=14
Stefan

Offline exe

• Supporter
  • self-educated hobbyist
« Reply #937 on: August 04, 2019, 04:15:19 pm »
I think somebody mentioned that the latest firmware is 2.01, found installed on someone's device installed from the factory. Or I am dreaming?

Offline e0ne199

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #938 on: August 05, 2019, 09:11:27 am »
When will be a firmware update for all the bugs in V2.0 discussed here , and for some older ones still not resolved ?

hello, is there any update about this?

Offline ggchab

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #939 on: August 05, 2019, 10:59:36 am »
May be some communication problem  ;)

Sorry I thought David had put v2.00 on the website, I've just added it now.

Offline bicycleguy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #940 on: August 12, 2019, 12:33:31 am »
Had the weirdest thing happen with my 121GW after a 2 week vacation.
1. Turned on to 'V' with no leads plugged in and got beep beep beep ...
2. Turned to any A setting and beep would stop.
3. With knob set to 'V', plugged a lead into 500mA and beeping stopped  |O
4. Let meter alone to check email and after about 15 seconds it starts beeping again. (like its supposed to in this state)
5. Took lead out and seemed to be working normally again.

Turned off meter for a few seconds and when turned on the whole cycle repeated.
Did this a few more times but the 15 seconds got shorter and shorter.
Next got video camera out to record process and of course the meters seems to be working correctly again.

Thought I would post anyway incase someone else has similar issue.  I'm using NMH batteries and the voltage is only 5.1V.  The auto shutoff is off and I left the meter on overnight and the problem still has not recurred.  :-//

Offline e0ne199

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #941 on: August 12, 2019, 12:26:07 pm »
Had the weirdest thing happen with my 121GW after a 2 week vacation.
1. Turned on to 'V' with no leads plugged in and got beep beep beep ...
2. Turned to any A setting and beep would stop.
3. With knob set to 'V', plugged a lead into 500mA and beeping stopped  |O
4. Let meter alone to check email and after about 15 seconds it starts beeping again. (like its supposed to in this state)
5. Took lead out and seemed to be working normally again.

Turned off meter for a few seconds and when turned on the whole cycle repeated.
Did this a few more times but the 15 seconds got shorter and shorter.
Next got video camera out to record process and of course the meters seems to be working correctly again.

Thought I would post anyway incase someone else has similar issue.  I'm using NMH batteries and the voltage is only 5.1V.  The auto shutoff is off and I left the meter on overnight and the problem still has not recurred.  :-//

that porblem happens exactly because you use NiMH batteries

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #942 on: August 12, 2019, 03:45:27 pm »
Can't understand why you do such experiments.

Simply use the DMM as intended, i.e. with both leads plugged in at V / COM in DCV mode and in A or mA / COM in current mode.
DMM should beep when + lead is plugged  in wrong jack.

Best use four ordinary 1.5V  AA  (manganine) cells, RTFM.

5.1V is obviously ok, as low bat is something below 4.2V, RTFM.

Frank

Offline bicycleguy

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #943 on: August 12, 2019, 05:49:02 pm »
Simply use the DMM as intended, i.e. with both leads plugged in at V / COM in DCV mode and in A or mA / COM in current mode.
I used the meter exactly as intended, beeped with leads in correct place or removed completely which should never beep.  Only removed them to avoid chumps stating I had the leads in the wrong place.

Why don't you RTFM!  As you note, 5.1V is above 4.2 and while alkaline are suggested, NiMH is not mentioned and by the way Dave has confirmed them acceptable.  When your alkaline batteries start leaking in your meter you'll know why I use NiMH.  Also the whole point of my post is to document a problem so others and the maker can learn from it.  I doubt this will be the last time this happens on somebodies meter.  I have a lot more details if someone else has had the issue.

Offline ben-s

« Reply #944 on: August 12, 2019, 06:07:38 pm »
Has anyone had any experience of their 121GW packing up on them?
Mine has started misbehaving after measuring UK mains on Low-Z and frequency modes - ie. modes that should be more than capable of measuring 240V AC.

No emergence of magic smoke, and no evidence of damage on the PCB (I opened it up to see if I'd done anything to kill it), but it no longer displays a valid reading on any range.
It shows over range with an alarm tone on Low-Z, and a continuous beep on continuity, regardless of input.

Is there any way I can get the meter repaired or replaced? At the moment I have an expensive pair of spare test leads! :-BROKE
« Last Edit: August 12, 2019, 09:31:16 pm by ben-s »

Offline Dr. Frank

• Super Contributor
« Reply #945 on: August 12, 2019, 08:25:52 pm »
I used the meter exactly as intended, beeped with leads in correct place or removed completely which should never beep.  Only removed them to avoid chumps stating I had the leads in the wrong place.

Why don't you RTFM!  As you note, 5.1V is above 4.2 and while alkaline are suggested, NiMH is not mentioned and by the way Dave has confirmed them acceptable.  When your alkaline batteries start leaking in your meter you'll know why I use NiMH.  Also the whole point of my post is to document a problem so others and the maker can learn from it.  I doubt this will be the last time this happens on somebodies meter.  I have a lot more details if someone else has had the issue.

Maybe that you have a problem on your DMM (maybe from high humidity), but you simply don't provide standard conditions like nearly full 6V from standard batteries, like specified in the manual, and you described the problem as if the jacks were open or wrongly attached.. check your first post, please.
So it's not possible to remotely judge your problem, if it's really sitting inside, or in front of the DMM.

The last RTFM was intended for e0ne199, sorry

Offline CDaniel

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #946 on: August 13, 2019, 09:45:06 pm »
Probably a small glich in the program  ;D , triggered by who knows what . We know that the firmware is not quite finished , so it is possible ... stop inventing causes like humidity , batteries or user fault .
« Last Edit: August 13, 2019, 09:48:00 pm by CDaniel »

Offline movax

• Contributor
« Reply #947 on: August 16, 2019, 07:10:25 pm »
I do use two 121GW for few months, but recently started doing some extra data logging intensively (which is the reason I got this meter really), and unfortunately it is broken in many ways. I tested both, 1.57, and 2.00 fw.

• SERIOUS: After some time of data logging to SD card, it stops updating values in the file. LCD is showing proper values, and says that new records are added to the file. However the file only starts having 3 values cycling forever (flat line forever). This can start after 1000 records, or after 10000, or somewhere in between, hard to say. If I do a data logging for a 3 days, it is 100% certain my data file will be ruined, and experiment waste of time, and possibly money. The worst part is you only learn about it later, when you read files back on a computer. Example at the bottom.
  • SERIOUS: Data corruptions in files. Sometimes part of the file will be overwritten by further records, or by seemingly random bytes. This happened to me few times. More often than not actually. I am using a micro SD card that come with a meter, and was only used for data logging, firmware update, and putting pdf manual there, just to have it as a backup. I doubt it is a problem with micro SD card, but some coding bug, either in the firmware or sdfat library used.
  • CONSIDERABLE: It looks like a there is a limit of 600000 records, after which the logging automatically stops. Please rise it at least 100 times, as I don't see much reason to have it, and it is somehow limiting.
  • WISHLIST: When the data logging ends, please beep, every few minutes forever, until user press a button or change the range.
  • SERIOUS: Each row has a "counter", which isn't very helpful. It should be a timestamp, either absolute clock value down to millisecond (or just to 1 second, if the logging interval is big). Or also good option is to have it relative to the start of data logging. I see both options having great applications, so I would suggest selecting abs/rel timestamp as a setup option.
  • MEH: If the battery gets low during the data logging, data logging stops. But then meter is unusable. You need to restart the meter.
  • SERIOUS WISHLIST: File format is a bit verbose and repetitive, not really helping with processing, and is wasteful. The type of measurement and units should only be said once, on the 0th row. After that they shouldn't be mentioned to save space, and there should be only 2 columns in simple measurement modes (timestamp and value), nothing more. And 4 columns in VA modes. 3 columns in VAC+Hz mode. etc. Not 15 columns!
  • WOULD BE NICE: Not a fan of DOS/Windows line termination. If possible use Unix style line termination instead. It also does consume less space on SD card.
  • SERIOUS: When having Interval of 0, the sampling rate is very non uniform, sometimes doing 1 per second, sometimes 10 per second, sometimes stopping for some time. And because records don't have timestamp, it makes data logging at interval 0, totally useless for anything, there is no way to reliably use them for anything. This comes back to the 4th point above.
  • WISHLIST: Make BT protocol allow for transfering (copy/move) files out the meter via BT. Would allow me to log offline to SD card for days, or maybe an hour, then easily transfer files to phone or computer. It takes annoying time and effort to open the meter, and mess with the SD card, put everything together, etc. I am sure this can be done, and there is still space to do it easily in firmware.
  • WISHLIST: I am not a fan of CSV format, and the fact that the one used now, also do have awkward header section at the top, and some summary and the bottom. I would prefer one line header, like  # Time "VDC [mV]", followed simple space separated rows  12351.221 3.41. It is WAY easier to manipulate such format than using CSV. If you want, it can be a tab, instead of space.
  • WISHLIST: Number formatting is somehow poor in the file. It often will show things like  "00.053,DCA" or  "0018.74,mVA", instead of simply showing more sane (and space saving)  "0.053,DCA" or  "18.74,mVA". I guess, somebody should learn how to use  sprintf correctly and format values. When parsing such numbers like  0018.74 or  00.053, some programming languages libraries really don't like it, because it is often not a correct format of floating point literals.
  • WISHLIST: As somebody mentioned. When SD data logging is on, the secondary display only shows the record number (counter), so you loose ability to see current and voltage in VA and mVA modes. I wish it would cycle between 3 values instead.
  • WISHLIST: Ability to set an option to also log the ambient temperature on the same line as any other measurement. i.e. # Time "VDC [mV]" "T [degC]", with lines 12351.221 3.41 24.3. I do plenty of measurements spanning days, and devices I test are temperature sensitive (resistors, batteries, power devices requiring cooling, etc), and having both value and ambient temperature, would allow me to understand things better. Especially in the summer, when even inside my house I can see 20 deg C temperature swings during a day!

As of the auto ranging in the SD data logging mode: I don't really care much. If it can be implemented without performance impact, that would be nice. But then how you make sure it is clear from the data file which range was used when and what is accuracy in each row? I would be happy with fixed range, as I use it now. As long other serious issues are resolved.

There are few other things I would like to be fixed or mentioned.

• It is not clear from manual if NiMH AA cells are supported. Manual should fix it, say they can be used, or must not be used.
  • As of hardware. Well, if there is ever a successor of the meter. I hope it has a bit better LCD, i.e. has a maybe a 14-segemnt characters in the top display, or a small dot matrix character (or graphicals) display there (8x5 for each character?). It would really help to have ability to display 10-12 characters there, and not make them weird. The added benefit is ability to show possibly both current and voltage at the secondary display non stop, and also get rid of the suffixes on the right side of the LCD (mV, mA, A, V, Hz), etc. As they become redundant. It would also make usage of setup menu way easier (with long strings displayed easily as rolling text).
  • Another wishlist's would be to consider an ESP32 of course, which also has WiFi and BT, and way more ROM and RAM. A lot of interesting things could be done with it.

There are some other minor things that do bother me about the 121GW, but really, the data logging issues are the biggest problem right now, making it not usable at the moment.

Code: [Select]
START,2019/08/14,19:37:37,
ID,170800000,
INTERVAL,001,sec,
,MAIN,,,SUB-1,,,SUB-2,,,Remark,
No. ,Func. ,Value,Unit,Func. ,Value,Unit,Func. ,Value,Unit,
1,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.512,mA,,
2,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.512,mA,,
3,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.511,mA,,
4,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3874,V,DCmA,013.511,mA,,
5,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3874,V,DCmA,013.511,mA,,
6,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3874,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
7,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3874,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
8,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
9,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
10,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,DCV,01.3872,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
11,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3870,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
12,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3870,V,DCmA,013.510,mA,,
13,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3870,V,DCmA,013.509,mA,,
14,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3870,V,DCmA,013.509,mA,,
15,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3869,V,DCmA,013.509,mA,,
16,DCmVA,0018.73,mVA,DCV,01.3869,V,DCmA,013.509,mA,,
...  //  all good
14382,DCmVA,0017.26,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.967,mA,,
14383,DCmVA,0017.26,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.967,mA,,
14384,DCmVA,0017.26,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.967,mA,,
14385,DCmVA,0017.25,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.966,mA,,
14386,DCmVA,0017.25,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.966,mA,,
14387,DCmVA,0017.25,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.966,mA,,
14388,DCmVA,0017.25,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.966,mA,,
14389,DCmVA,0017.25,mVA,DCV,01.3311,V,DCmA,012.966,mA,,
... // still all good
21238,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21239,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21240,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21241,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21242,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21243,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21244,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21245,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21246,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21247,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21248,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21249,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21250,DCmVA,0017.02,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21251,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21252,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21253,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21254,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21255,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21256,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21257,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21258,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21259,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3219,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21260,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21261,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.874,mA,,
21262,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21263,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21264,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21265,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21266,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21267,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21268,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21269,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21270,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21271,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21272,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.876,mA,,
21273,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21274,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21275,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21276,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
21277,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3218,V,DCmA,012.875,mA,,
... // stuck forever
113359,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.873,mA,,
113360,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113361,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113362,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113363,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113364,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113365,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113366,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113367,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113368,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113369,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113370,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113371,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113372,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113373,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113374,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113375,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113376,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113377,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113378,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113379,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3216,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113380,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113381,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.872,mA,,
113382,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.870,mA,,
113383,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.870,mA,,
113384,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.870,mA,,
113385,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113386,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113387,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113388,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.871,mA,,
113389,DCmVA,0017.01,mVA,DCV,01.3215,V,DCmA,012.873,mA,,
MAX,1,DCmVA,0018.74,mVA,
MIN,21477,DCmVA,0017.00,mVA,

After ~21250, it only logs ~17.01 mVA, even if display was showing to me ~14mVA. Voltage and current values in the output file fluctuate a little (3mV, and ~3mA), but that is all. The same happens on DC V range, when logging just voltage too, not just VA.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2019, 08:38:38 pm by movax »

The following users thanked this post: firewalker, MBY, hammy, hwj-d, genghisnico13

Offline hwj-d

• Frequent Contributor
  • save the children - chase the cabal
« Reply #948 on: August 17, 2019, 09:50:44 pm »
Isn't it able to log over bluetooth, so that you can modify the data on the fly with a Pi Zero W, ESP32, smartphone or something like that?
« Last Edit: August 17, 2019, 10:01:58 pm by hwj-d »

Offline movax

• Contributor
« Reply #949 on: August 18, 2019, 01:36:40 am »
Isn't it able to log over bluetooth, so that you can modify the data on the fly with a Pi Zero W, ESP32, smartphone or something like that?

I want to log offline without a phone connected to it for 5 days nonstop. Or consuming extra power when using bluetooth. Bluetooth also has tendency to also be sometimes corrupted, not have device local timestamps either, and is prone to just sometimes stopping working. Been there, done that. I don't want to do anything serious with Bluetooth.

The SD data logging functionality is in the meter, is advertised, and is not working at the moment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf