Author Topic: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?  (Read 431867 times)

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
Re: EEVBlog Members Discount at Tequipment?
« Reply #150 on: November 01, 2015, 03:29:56 am »
Ready to buy a 1054Z, could I get a coupon code please? Thanks in advance.
PM sent.

Offline PointyOintment

• Frequent Contributor
  • ↑ I scanned my face
« Reply #151 on: November 01, 2015, 01:26:21 pm »
I just read through ten pages of "code please", "PM sent", "code please", "PM sent", "code please", "PM sent"…

Seems to me Dave could set up a forum that's only visible to members (like the Contests one), and the vendors could each post a thread there with their exclusive coupon codes.
I refuse to use AD's LTspice or any other "free" software whose license agreement prohibits benchmarking it (which implies it's really bad) or publicly disclosing the existence of the agreement. Fortunately, I haven't agreed to that one, and those terms are public already.

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
  • A sociable geek chemist
« Reply #152 on: November 01, 2015, 06:24:53 pm »
I just read through ten pages of "code please", "PM sent", "code please", "PM sent", "code please", "PM sent"…

Seems to me Dave could set up a forum that's only visible to members (like the Contests one), and the vendors could each post a thread there with their exclusive coupon codes.
This setup is per TEquipement's request, not Dave's. The degree of human interaction helps prevent the coupon from spreading as quickly. Limiting it more to those that should get it.

Also, cam someone PM me the code so I can help out with requests?

Sent from my LG-ls990 using Tapatalk

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #153 on: November 01, 2015, 08:22:09 pm »

This setup is per TEquipement's request, not Dave's. The degree of human interaction helps prevent the coupon from spreading as quickly. Limiting it more to those that should get it.

Sure. PM sent.  :)

BTW, I forgot to add it to the PM, so how've you been?

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #154 on: November 01, 2015, 08:31:36 pm »

Sure. PM sent.  :)

BTW, I forgot to add it to the PM, so how've you been?
Thanks mate. I've been doing well. Damn busy with work recently, putting the finishing touches on a couple of reviews. The first will be a teardown and review of a Kiethley 236 Source Meter. After that I'll finally finish off the Brymen BM869S review I've been sitting on for a while. I had it basically done when I lost everything to a hard drive crash, so I've been writing it again from scratch. Finally got internet at home so it will be much easier to work on these.

The very existence of flamethrowers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, "You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done." -George Carlin

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #155 on: November 01, 2015, 09:15:31 pm »
Thanks mate. I've been doing well. Damn busy with work recently, putting the finishing touches on a couple of reviews. The first will be a teardown and review of a Kiethley 236 Source Meter. After that I'll finally finish off the Brymen BM869S review I've been sitting on for a while. I had it basically done when I lost everything to a hard drive crash, so I've been writing it again from scratch. Finally got internet at home so it will be much easier to work on these.

Sorry to hear about the data loss.  :(

Looking forward to the reviews though.  ;D

Offline whiteshavedchocolate

« Reply #156 on: November 03, 2015, 01:23:39 pm »
My o-o-o-old, used, 20MHz Tektronix 'scope just committed suicide two days ago.  I am ready to pull the trigger on a Rigol DS2072A from tequipment.net and would be super-pleased to be able to get the 6% discount.  Would you be kind enough to provide the code in a PM?

Thank you!

Offline PedroDaGr8

• Super Contributor
« Reply #157 on: November 03, 2015, 02:26:24 pm »
My o-o-o-old, used, 20MHz Tektronix 'scope just committed suicide two days ago.  I am ready to pull the trigger on a Rigol DS2072A from tequipment.net and would be super-pleased to be able to get the 6% discount.  Would you be kind enough to provide the code in a PM?

Thank you!
Sent

Offline NF6X

• Supporter
    • Mark's Green Pages
« Reply #158 on: November 03, 2015, 03:57:42 pm »
I could use a programmable bench supply. Maybe I should order a discounted DP832 from TEquipment?

P.S.: I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know the secret code.
« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 04:46:40 pm by NF6X »

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #159 on: November 03, 2015, 07:29:17 pm »
I could use a programmable bench supply. Maybe I should order a discounted DP832 from TEquipment?

P.S.: I would appreciate it if somebody could let me know the secret code.

PM sent
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline GreyWoolfe

• Supporter
  • NW0LF
« Reply #160 on: November 03, 2015, 07:30:59 pm »

Thank you!

I hope you didn't join up just to get the discount.  Stick around, learn, post and have fun.
"Heaven has been described as the place that once you get there all the dogs you ever loved run up to greet you."

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #161 on: November 04, 2015, 06:06:44 am »
 Looks like it might be time to change to go to get the discount code again.
A simple Google provided that the code has been twittered about but not released, it's been shared on Reddit but only through PM. And talked about. This is only writhing the first page of google results. Most,of that wouldn't concern me to much.
BUT.......
One of those darn  coupon sites for the purpose of flashing ads in your face is also giving it out now, just a matter of time (weeks) before other coupon code sites also spider this one and grab the code and then it's wild. No longer just for EEVBlog members.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/tequipment.net?c=6935448

Since I don't know how the code came about being created or who works with liaison from TEquiptment I figured I would post in this thread. Anyone know who should be informed or has the ability to change the code before TEquiptment just shuts it off from one bad apple who let it out?

Scott
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #162 on: November 04, 2015, 08:02:22 am »
Looks like it might be time to change to go to get the discount code again.
A simple Google provided that the code has been twittered about but not released, it's been shared on Reddit but only through PM. And talked about. This is only writhing the first page of google results. Most,of that wouldn't concern me to much.
BUT.......
One of those darn  coupon sites for the purpose of flashing ads in your face is also giving it out now, just a matter of time (weeks) before other coupon code sites also spider this one and grab the code and then it's wild. No longer just for EEVBlog members.
http://www.retailmenot.com/view/tequipment.net?c=6935448

Since I don't know how the code came about being created or who works with liaison from TEquiptment I figured I would post in this thread. Anyone know who should be informed or has the ability to change the code before TEquiptment just shuts it off from one bad apple who let it out?

Scott
Evan Cirelli is in charge of it (posts as tequipment).

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #163 on: November 04, 2015, 08:03:00 am »
Hey, thanks.
Please be sure to check out my YouTube channel and subscribe if you like the videos. https://www.youtube.com/c/GadgetReviewVideos

By people subscribing and giving thumbs up I know what I am doing is still wanted and adding value, then will continue to release new videos. Thank you for your support.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #164 on: November 04, 2015, 08:16:54 am »
Hey, thanks.
You're welcome.  :)

It's a good thing you caught that, as it's a big deal to a lot of people.  ;) So a big thanks is in order for bringing this up.  :clap:

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #165 on: November 04, 2015, 08:21:13 am »
Hey, thanks.
You're welcome.  :)

It's a good thing you caught that, as it's a big deal to a lot of people.  ;) So a big thanks is in order for bringing this up.  :clap:

Your welcome, I know every dime counts with me these days.
Hmmm, I can't find a smiley face that is taking a bow. Maybe that because it's just a face, but some have arms now. LOL

Offline NF6X

• Supporter
    • Mark's Green Pages
« Reply #166 on: November 04, 2015, 08:28:13 am »
It's really cool of TEquipment to offer this incentive to us EEVblog fans. It pushed me over the edge to order a programmable bench power supply from them today, and I plan to use it to help me create some cool products that folks here may find useful.

Offline tequipment

• Regular Contributor
    • TEquipment
« Reply #167 on: November 04, 2015, 05:06:29 pm »
Everyone.  We had to change the code.  The old one will work for a day or two then I am going to kill it off.

We started seeing it online and now it was reported on a coupon site.  Margins on test equipment are not usually huge so we cant have this coupon out there.  This is for eevblog members only so please dont post it anywhere.

PM me and I will PM as many people asked me in the last for the new one.  And thanks for the business.

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 07:26:52 pm by tequipment »

Offline dadler

• Supporter
« Reply #168 on: November 04, 2015, 05:35:26 pm »
Hmm. I wonder who leaked it this time... how unfortunate.

Offline TheSteve

• Supporter
  • Living the Dream
« Reply #169 on: November 04, 2015, 06:16:27 pm »
Thank you for your continued support Evan. I have ordered from tequipment several times, the extra discount you provide really helps out when building a home lab.
VE7FM

Offline OldSchoolTechCorner

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #170 on: November 04, 2015, 07:42:43 pm »
Need a code for a good programmable bench power supply

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #171 on: November 04, 2015, 09:26:13 pm »
Need a code for a good programmable bench power supply
PM sent.

Offline nanofrog

• Super Contributor
« Reply #172 on: November 04, 2015, 09:30:55 pm »
Everyone.  We had to change the code.  The old one will work for a day or two then I am going to kill it off.

We started seeing it online and now it was reported on a coupon site.  Margins on test equipment are not usually huge so we cant have this coupon out there.  This is for eevblog members only so please dont post it anywhere.

PM me and I will PM as many people asked me in the last for the new one.  And thanks for the business.

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET
This is really making me think that a minimum post count to encourage participation may genuinely be necessary. It's too easy for a one post wonder to not care and post it all over the place for one of these coupon sites to data mine.  |O

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #173 on: November 04, 2015, 10:41:53 pm »

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET
This is really making me think that a minimum post count to encourage participation may genuinely be necessary. It's too easy for a one post wonder to not care and post it all over the place for one of these coupon sites to data mine.  |O

I just spent the last hour and a half thinking about this and typing up some ideas. I PM'ed you and Evan.
Would like to get you input. It's would just be some common sense and simple copy past when replying to a code request. I can add the minim post idea also, but I left it out since I know personally I read the forum for a year before ever creating a membership and making a post just for the combined knowledge and talent posted in the forum. I think when I also needed to post something I had a wait a day? I don't temper now, maybe this was another forum?

Let me know what you think. If Evan is ok with the ideas I'll post them in the thread for addition I put for the community and forum admins.

Thanks,
Scott

Offline Scottjd

• Frequent Contributor
    • YouTube Gadget Reveiws
« Reply #174 on: November 04, 2015, 10:42:59 pm »

Thanks
Evan Cirelli

TEquipment.NET

Evan, I sent you a PM/email looking for your thought on it.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf