Author Topic: Scope overhead in bench - Bad contrast  (Read 591 times)

Offline rvalenteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Scope overhead in bench - Bad contrast
« on: November 09, 2021, 01:35:19 am »
Hello mates,

recently I've got myself a 1054Z, my bench has this two levels design, the scope stays over eyesight, its comfortable to operate but not to see
I'd like to tip down the scope 30° so I can see the screen clearly.

I do a lot of projects with sheet metal laser cut, thought to make a little holder to tip down the scope but, unfortunately the 1054Z has no mount points and my last option would be to drill the back and nut rivet it.

Anyway, does anyone has a solution for this?

Offline commongrounder

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Scope overhead in bench - Bad contrast
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2021, 03:02:26 am »
I had the same issue. I solved it by making a wooden shim to prop up the rear legs of my scope. I then screwed the shim down to the shelf and ran a strap through the handle down under the shim and cinched it to prevent tipping.

The following users thanked this post: Someone

Offline james_s

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2021, 05:55:54 am »
What about using an adhesive mount? I have some heavy duty velcro that has incredibly sticky stuff on it, it would hold something like a little Rigol scope no problem. Might also work to strap it down with a strap going across the top and down the sides, just be careful that it can't slip off the back.

Offline rvalenteTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2021, 12:49:27 pm »
What about using an adhesive mount? I have some heavy duty velcro that has incredibly sticky stuff on it, it would hold something like a little Rigol scope no problem. Might also work to strap it down with a strap going across the top and down the sides, just be careful that it can't slip off the back.

Good idea! Ive some adhesive velcro. Ill strap to a sheet metal mount. Id go stainless steel, sexy! Ehehe

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf