Author Topic: A more convenient function for the Feeltech FY3200  (Read 464 times)

Offline RovDanTopic starter

A more convenient function for the Feeltech FY3200
« on: May 23, 2023, 03:20:25 pm »
Hi,

I am the owner of the FeelTech FY 3200 Function Generator. It works fine, very fine.

However, I found the software built by feeltech a little poor. So, I built my own software with Visual Basic to control the serial communication Port.

I found very strange the manual didn't allow to switch on/off each  channel by this communication. I found very strange the engineers forgot to implement this basic and useful function. After somme tests, I succeeded to find the right sequence to switch on/on each output. The command is :

bg0+LF  to switch off the channel 1
  bg1+LF  to switch on the channel 1

dg0+LF  to switch off the channel 2
  dg1+LF  to switch on the channel 2

LF is Line Feed character (ASCII 10)

I hope this tip would help everybody who like DIY, like me ...

Best regards

Daniel

« Last Edit: May 23, 2023, 06:45:50 pm by RovDan »

The following users thanked this post: paf, lugaw

Offline Calambres

• Frequent Contributor
    • Piso-Tones
Re: A more convenient function for the Feeltech FY3200
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2023, 04:09:32 pm »
Do you perchance know the way to reset the FY3200?

Some time ago the "SINE" waveform stopped working. Just that WF, in both channels, just giving a DC offset. I'm pretty sure it is a FW problem because all other WFs work perfectly. I even imported a sine WF from the supplied control software into one of the Arbitrary WF slots and works well. I'm pretty much sure that if I'm able to  reset the CPU, not just turning the unit off, the initial SINE wave will come back.

Sorry for the offtopic  ::)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf