Author Topic: ETCR007AD oscilloscope current clamp probe  (Read 1769 times)

Offline blitzkingTopic starter

ETCR007AD oscilloscope current clamp probe
« on: May 13, 2019, 06:34:35 pm »
Has someone bought the ETCR007AD clamp probe? Is it any good? Does it suffer from the same kind of problems as the Hantek CC65? (i.e. Oscillations and drift)
« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 07:00:13 pm by blitzking »

Offline Dainis

Re: ETCR007AD oscilloscope current clamp probe
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2019, 07:24:05 pm »
I also searching real feedback aboout ETCR007AD, only what I found:

dot_bob 4 months ago
I picked up a ETCR007AD from aliexpress a year ago and it is pretty noisy just like the OWON in this video.  Not worth buying in my opinion.  I cracked it open and the PCB is pretty sad, missing more than 75% of the components and the two lone IC's that are populated have the ID markings ground off.
 Yes, The hantek is really the only of the three that seems to work properly.  The ETCR007AD I have is too noisy to use as a trigger source in addition it doesn't meet the advertised frequency spec of 100Khz, it's more like 8Khz.

Offline AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2019, 09:55:36 pm »
https://youtu.be/cCW_WZbr4ZY

I have bought a couple of the Hantek probes in different current  types. Now my requirement have been pretty mundane but  I have had no complaints and would recommend them. I think I feature one in my video so I will post a link if I can find its

Chris
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:52:18 pm by AllTheGearNoIdea »
AllTheGearNoIdea Where Its All About The Gear

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2019, 01:01:09 pm »
I also searching real feedback aboout ETCR007AD, only what I found:
This guy is comparing apples and oranges. The Hantek has a much higher sensitivity so it has to have a lower bandwidth (this is a side effect of using a HAL sensor). The Owon CP05 is much less sensitive but has a higher bandwidth and more noise (again: typical for a HAL sensor). If you look closely at the signals during the FRA measurement in the video you'll notice there is not enough signal to make a good measurement of the Owon probe so the FRA graph is a bunch of nonsense. The weird jumps in the phase response graph are a typical symptom of not having enough signal amplitude to resolve the phase. The creator of the video should have used a much higher current to get a decent signal from the Owon probe.

I've done an FRA plot from my CP05A using a 4.7 Ohm load resistor in order to have as much current through it as possible given the limited output amplitude of the internal generator:
885726-0
The -3dB point is around 240kHz.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 08:41:53 pm by nctnico »
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

The following users thanked this post: AllTheGearNoIdea, rernexy

Offline AllTheGearNoIdea

• Supporter
    • AllTheGearNoIdea
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2019, 08:41:43 pm »
https://youtu.be/cCW_WZbr4ZY.   Look around 17 minutes in

The above is a link to a mini review of the Hantek that i promised. I haven’t noticed any problems with drift or frequency response but I have only used on it relatively high power circuits at low frequencies. I do really like it has been perfect for my use and is very well priced.  I also bought the high current version for investigating cranking current and compression testing on my Chevy truck alongside a ignition sensor

Regards Chris
« Last Edit: December 07, 2019, 09:17:09 pm by AllTheGearNoIdea »
AllTheGearNoIdea Where Its All About The Gear

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf