Author Topic: East Tester ETX-2025 Process Calibrator  (Read 926 times)

Offline basecaseTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
East Tester ETX-2025 Process Calibrator
« on: November 27, 2021, 02:18:13 am »
I watched Dave's review of that unbranded AIMOmeter AMPX1 $9 0.02% process meter (EEVBlog #1248), and every so often I just search for "process calibrator" on Aliexpress to see if anything similar (i.e. unreasonably cheap but works as advertised) would pop up. Alas, 1 actually did pop up today for ~25$ (after Black Friday discount): East Tester ETX-2025. For some reasons the 0.05% process meter ETX-1825 is also for sale at the same price. The options are pretty much the type of plug that the calibrator will come with since it can take 12V.

It appeared to be imitating the look and function of the Fluke 725 for the most part. Digging a bit deeper showed that it's also on Alibaba for ~$1k. The Alibaba page has a bit more information on specs + a video of the thing in operation, which are nice. Both Aliexpress and Alibaba listings stated that the ETX models can communicate with PC, and RS232 is mentioned in the Aliexpress one. It's not clear to me if the 5-pin LEMO(?) connector at the bottom of the device was just for power delivery or not, though I won't be surprised if you can also use it to transfer data since I don't really see any other connector on the device.

I ordered 1 unit for the sake of testing since $30 for something like this isn't too bad a gamble.

EDIT 1: Found the closest thing to a spec sheet for the calibrator here. On paper it's very close to the Fluke 725 in terms of source accuracy, though this is to be tested.

EDIT 2: Aliexpress link stated item is no longer available. Not sure if the item was out of stock, or that the seller realized they need to refund 5 orders. Searching for "ETX-2025" now has about a dozen listings show up with prices comparable to the one from Alibaba. I guess it was just a pricing error.

EDIT 3: Seller asked to cancel the orders. I guess they caught the mistake.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 09:36:42 pm by basecase »

Offline ledtester

• Super Contributor
Re: East Tester ETX-2025 Process Calibrator
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2021, 02:45:21 am »
Very interesting find! Does it come with the case?

For some reason the -2025 and -1825 US models are the same price but you pay slightly more for an EU 2025 vs a 1825.  :-//

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2021, 02:51:17 am »
The Aliexpress listing said it should come with the case. If this is true, then I think the seller would eat most of the shipping cost since the case is quite big (28x28x11 cm, 3 kg case + calibrator + accessories).

1333130-0
« Last Edit: November 27, 2021, 03:23:18 am by basecase »

Offline H.O

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2021, 08:08:04 am »
Interesting indeed, $930 from one seller and $38 from another - for what appears to be the same thing. I just "had to" order one to see what's up with this. 99% certain I've spent $38 on nothing - but who knows.

Link in OP now says "Sorry, this item is no longer available!".

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2021, 03:59:18 pm »
Yea that sucks. Found that there are a few more listings for the ETX-2025 on Aliexpress now, and all of them have the correct prices. The original seller has yet to contact me though, so we'll see what happen.

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2021, 09:33:59 pm »
Welp, seller asked to cancel order. Looked like it's a wrap here.

hi,friend,We found all of this goods in our warehouse had quality problems.
We will return the goods to our factory ,but another batch of goods will arrive after a long time.
So we think we could not let you wait so long time for this goods

Could you please help us cancel this order and choose "other reasons"?
When we get this goods again,we will tell you.Is that ok?And we will ship you a little gift for your next order .
Looking forward to your understanding and help.
Best Regards

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf