Author Topic: Keysight DSOX1204G scope LCD display "fuzzy", diffuse scattering  (Read 157 times)

Offline afran

I recently purchased a Keysight DSOX1204G scope. I really like it so far. The only thing that I find quite strange and that is bothering me is the LCD display.

There seems to be some kind of strong diffuse scattering in the top-most LCD layer. It almost looks like there is another protective sheet on top of the LCD (of course, I removed the factory protection sheet with the red tab, and there really is no extra sheet on top of the LCD; rather, the scattering seems to happen within the LCD itself).

The problem is most apparent during the boot-up logo screen: all regions that should be a single color (like the red or blue-gray background) "glitter" in different colors, depending on the angle that I look at the display. The same effect is visible whenever there is something bright on the screen.

Next to a cheap Rigol scope (which the Keysight easily beats in all other aspects) the display looks really soft and fuzzy, not sharp at all.

Is this normal? Keysight support says this is how all the DSOX1204G displays look like. What would be the reason to apply such a diffuse/scattering layer to the LCD display?

[attachimg=1]

[attachimg=2]

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf