Author Topic: Kay Electronics 860B Sweep-Gen Manual Request  (Read 1243 times)

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Kay Electronics 860B Sweep-Gen Manual Request
« on: March 21, 2018, 07:05:23 pm »
(Deleting and recreating my post because I'm totally wrong)

At first I thought Kay Electronics were these guys, http://www.kayelectronics.com/ since it's radio equipment. But no, it's not, it says "Pine Brook N.J." in big stencils on the machine, not Texas. I'm wondering if it's some proprietary piece of equipment from a service shop. It says "patent pending" so I assume it was a product they sold.

Do I have any chance in hell of finding a manual?

EDIT: I was going to post in the repair section about fixing the output meter, but it appears it could just be a blown tube (I don't see glow in a 12AU6). Some of the other tubes appear to be running white hot though, so there could be a filament supply problem.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 02:47:35 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline Cyberdragon

• Super Contributor
Re: Kay Electronics 860B Sweep-Gen Manual Request
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2018, 05:43:29 am »
There's nothing wrong with the meter. You apparently have to enable the "line lock" for the meter to work otherwise it's grounded. (This is what manuals are for |O )

"Eeww!" *removes dead stink beetles*

It also happens to be one of those machines where it takes literally hours to temp stabalize, and there's no heater. However, the range switch is horribly dirty to the point where it's unreliable and one range is dead unless you force it to an exact spot. Does this have anything to do with the frequency increasing slowly over several hours?

Someone has also been inside to replace the line cord, as some screws are missing and the remaining two front ones are phillips. They also must have mangled the chassis screw threads as they were an absolute pain in the arse to get in without crossthreading, took me probably 10 minutes...per screw! |O :rant:

Everything else is still original and has anti-tamper goop on it.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2018, 05:54:52 am by Cyberdragon »
*BZZZZZZAAAAAP*
Voltamort strikes again!
Explodingus - someone who frequently causes accidental explosions

Offline KK6IL

• Contributor
Re: Kay Electronics 860B Sweep-Gen Manual Request
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2020, 12:33:18 am »

Same mistake I made perhaps. It's not Kay Electronics, but Kay Elemetrics Corp, which was in Pine Brook NJ.Googling that name, I see they are now a division of Pentax Medical, and apparently no longer making RF equipment.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf