Author Topic: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator  (Read 309392 times)

Offline RainerB

I build a linear PSU for my FY6800 with some addons:

-  opto isolated USB Interface (4 pol connector with 5V for front board) (CH340G)
- 10 MHz OCXO
- 10 MHz distributor with 2 isolated sine wave outputs  (AD8055)
- 50 MHz output for fpga  (NB3N502)
- 6 pol connector for external controller board (Blackpill) (with digital poti and reference voltage for OCXO)

Two ldo regulators LM2941/LM2991 with +/- 13V output support the main board. Both can be disabled for power saving (future option).
A DC/DC converter generates 6V for 3 5V LDOs (TLV76750) :
1. Front board and optional controller
2. Main board (can be disabled for power saving)
3. OCXO and 10 MHz distributor (can be disabled for power saving)

The external controller is able to count the 10 MHz pulses with the help of 1PPS pulses and generate a controling voltage for the OCXO.
Option :
In future the external controller should drowngrade the front controller to a display and keyboard unit and take over current control job of the front controller.

This version works but has some mechanical bugs and minor electronical issues.

Therefore I'm working on version 2.0 at the moment:

- Fixing mechanical bugs
- Move the voltage reference and the  I²C controled digital eeprom potentiometer from controler board to the PSU board.
(After intial calibration the external controller can be removed )
- use SMA connectors for 10 Mhz and 50 MHz signals.
- add expansion connectors ?

Any comments welcome.
Regards
Rainer

The following users thanked this post: ledtester, Johnny B Good

Online Labrat101

• Regular Contributor
  • TechLab

Welcome.
This looks very nice .. you made the PCB as well as it looks made to perfection .
The layout looks nice well thought out ..
Do you Have the circuit diagram ?   :-+
If it's Gets Hot its Working. If its Getting cold! it's your Coffee.
" It All Started With A BIG Bang ...  Magic Smoke & FY AWG"

Offline supertrabuco

-  opto isolated USB Interface (4 pol connector with 5V for front board) (CH340G)
- 10 MHz OCXO
- 10 MHz distributor with 2 isolated sine wave outputs  (AD8055)
- 50 MHz output for fpga  (NB3N502)
- 6 pol connector for external controller board (Blackpill) (with digital poti and reference voltage for OCXO)

Two ldo regulators LM2941/LM2991 with +/- 13V output support the main board. Both can be disabled for power saving (future option).
A DC/DC converter generates 6V for 3 5V LDOs (TLV76750) :
1. Front board and optional controller
2. Main board (can be disabled for power saving)
3. OCXO and 10 MHz distributor (can be disabled for power saving)

The external controller is able to count the 10 MHz pulses with the help of 1PPS pulses and generate a controling voltage for the OCXO.
Option :
In future the external controller should drowngrade the front controller to a display and keyboard unit and take over current control job of the front controller.

This version works but has some mechanical bugs and minor electronical issues.

Therefore I'm working on version 2.0 at the moment:

- Fixing mechanical bugs
- Move the voltage reference and the  I²C controled digital eeprom potentiometer from controler board to the PSU board.
(After intial calibration the external controller can be removed )
- use SMA connectors for 10 Mhz and 50 MHz signals.
- add expansion connectors ?

Any comments welcome.
Regards
Rainer

Hola, es un proyecto muy interesante, sobretodo los conectores y el control externo.

En un FY6900 seria interesante un proyecto semejante? Y sobretodo cambiarle la mini-fuente pulsada por una linial 5V, 1,5A?
Saludos y gracias
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 04:38:44 am by supertrabuco »

Offline RainerB

Re: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator
« Reply #2203 on: August 17, 2020, 06:39:20 am »
@Labrat101
@Attached are the shematics of version 2.0. (Some resistor values will be modified during first tests)

An eeprom poti for the OCXO voltage and an I²C IO expander are added on the board
I replaced some regulators with THT version to save space on the board and use a heat sink.
I add some sma connctors for HF signals.
Mechanical problems are fixed. (hopefully)

ToDo:
I have to add a connector for controller driven fan.

@ supertrabuco
Yo no hablo español

Not sure what you want to say. Google translator doesn't really help.

The following users thanked this post: Labrat101

Online Labrat101

• Regular Contributor
  • TechLab
Re: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator
« Reply #2204 on: August 17, 2020, 10:56:49 am »
@Labrat101
@Attached are the shematics of version 2.0. (Some resistor values will be modified during first tests)

An eeprom poti for the OCXO voltage and an I²C IO expander are added on the board
I replaced some regulators with THT version to save space on the board and use a heat sink.
I add some sma connctors for HF signals.
Mechanical problems are fixed. (hopefully)

ToDo:
I have to add a connector for controller driven fan.

@ supertrabuco
Yo no hablo español

Very impressive  you have given  a lot of thought into this .
 I Have found another Bug in my FY6800 and its the Cyclone chip .. I still can't get the jitter to hold stable . so I ran some test on the Cyclone vi and its has some faults
ie .. Its ether a fake or a reject version . From reading the Cyclone manual it has a internal DAC control on the input were the xtal enters . there are 4 inputs and are hardware
enabled .
 I enabled the pin and added another xtal as an experiment . it fails the test . also all the Jitter and frequency control of the cyclone is out of sinc on my chip.
 Which means the chip is not original . I don't know if this is the case with all the FY68.. or just a few .
  The original Cyclone chips do not have this problem .. I should have checked this earlier and not chased the rabbit down the hole .
 I guess I should have realized this.  :palm: :palm: How can they produce this unit with high quality or original chips for $80 and make a profit   :palm:

So I am going to buy the UNI-T  UTG962  which is far superior and I have not found any one who can say anything bad .. Other than it Just works out the box 

If your project corrects some of the problems your chip maybe be a better version.  :-+

Have fun and keep up the good work .  :-+
 :popcorn:
If it's Gets Hot its Working. If its Getting cold! it's your Coffee.
" It All Started With A BIG Bang ...  Magic Smoke & FY AWG"

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf