Author Topic: Atorch DL24 Electronic load software  (Read 45140 times)

Online GrandchuckTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Atorch DL24 Electronic load software
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2021, 01:38:52 pm »
Atorch DL24 is on COM3 and Device Manager reports it is working properly.
But, test controller is not happy:
   ;; COM3: Set params: 9600
   ;; COM3: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
   ;; COM3: Rx: timeout, in buffer: FF 55 77 DE 3C 92
   ;; COM3: Rx: timeout, in buffer: FF 55 77 DE 3C 93
   ;; Stopping thread for: COM3
   ;; COM3: Close
I have tried and retried reinstalling the driver; nothing changes.  Any ideas?

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #26 on: June 12, 2021, 03:15:27 pm »
Atorch DL24 is on COM3 and Device Manager reports it is working properly.
But, test controller is not happy:
   ;; COM3: Set params: 9600

You have to add "ATorch DL24" on the "Load devices" page, set the com port, enable it and press Reconnect.
A checkmark in "Scan serial ports" only works with SCPI devices.

Online GrandchuckTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #27 on: June 12, 2021, 03:56:34 pm »
Ahhh ... I set the COM port and it is working.  Thick skull here |O

Thanks much!

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #28 on: June 12, 2021, 04:15:15 pm »
Ahhh ... I set the COM port and it is working.  Thick skull here |O

You are not the first, the red background is obvious not enough, I will think about how I can improve it.

Offline Tangent_Tracker

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: November 28, 2022, 12:15:30 pm »
sorry for reviving this old topic, jsut that I have purchased the DL24 (150w) and wondered what the difference between the two is. Firmware/hardware/both?

Cheers.

BTW the DL24 can be got on Ali-express for £22 delivered without the heatsink and fan which is a great deal to all those who have a pile of heatsinks stored at home!

Offline RCinFLA

• Contributor
« Reply #30 on: December 29, 2022, 12:47:42 am »
Accidentially plugged in USB power without power.  It did cause USB to no longer work.

Does this just blow out the CH340G UART to USB chip?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2022, 12:50:26 am by RCinFLA »

Offline RCinFLA

• Contributor
« Reply #31 on: December 29, 2022, 12:56:35 am »
Just a bigger fan.

I soldered a 25 amp auto fuse across dual blocking diode.  The blocking diode gets very hot.  It is just for reverse polarity protection.  I think with a fuse, the power MOSFET body diode would take reverse connection long enough to blow auto fuse.

The following users thanked this post: Tangent_Tracker

Offline i3v

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2023, 07:39:25 pm »
I've recently received my DL24P (180W 4-wire version with RGB cooler and Bluetooth integrated onto the main PCB).
I was first puzzled with the fact that I can only "listen" current status via the USB. Only after a while I've noticed that the same PC apps work OK with Bluetooth. My current guess this is that Bluetooth version is just hardwired like that.
It's a pity there's no clear error/warning message explaining this though (on the other hand, I've seen the same weird "silently ignore" behavior in the same situations with high-end instruments too).
Also, some apps (usually those that does not support this load well) leave it in a weird state, so that a normal app cannot connect. So, just to be sure, it's better to power cycle the board just before connecting.

While trying to understand what's happening, I've tested effectively all related software, so here they are:
  • from "https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1c04afq923397/A3"
    • "DL24-DL24P\PC soft\DL24 LOAD PC SOFT.zip" - good old minimalistic app, only implements CC mode, but so does others. Adequate logging. Adequate input. Probably the best choice.
    • Electronic load software
      • "DL24-DL24P\PC soft\01-DL24M DL24 electronic load software V1.0.2 version.zip\01-DL24M DL24 electronic load software V1.0.2 version\" (Build 2022-04) - seem to be the second best option: direct numerical inputs, logs all the data to csv to the specified folder (although splits them not very intuitively), everything in English. Only implements CC mode.
      • "DL24-PCB\DL24 series electronic load software V1.1 version.zip\DL24 series electronic load software V1.1 version\" (Build 2021-12) - effectively the same, but does not save the language setting and got some warning dialogs in Chinese. There was some effort to implement modes other that CC, but it's effectively not working.
      • "DL24EW\ATORCH-DC Load PC Software V2.0.8(DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW).zip\ATORCH-DC Load PC Software V2.0.8(DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW)\01-DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW electronic load software V2.0.8\" (Build 2023-02) - only able to display the values, unable to start/stop (somewhat expected, as the readme does not claim that DL24P is compatible).
    • "DL24-DL24P\PC soft\E-Tester PC soft -V2.0.1.exe" - The "black app" commonly shown on Aliexpress seller images. Less convenient controls (cursor-based "remotely click hardware buttons") - does not make any sense to me.
  • misdoro/Electronic_load_px100 release v0.1.2 (Windows) - works OK, got additional "Software CC-CV" feature. Still a little awkward to use, compared to "DL24 electronic load software V1.0.2". Might be a good start for an own project though.
  • Hardandsoftware - limited and less convenient manual control (cursor-based "remotely click hardware buttons"), plus additional features I don't quite understand.
  • Android "E-test" app from google play (version 2.0) - miserable app that is barely able to display the current values (shows weird peaks time to time, broken stats, most buttons not working, ...). Useless.

The "DL24 LOAD PC SOFT" seem to be good enough for my use cases. Provided that all the listed software was never updated for about a year, I doubt there would be any more development on this. Anyone who's looking for a better app should probably be buying DL24EW - it's about twice the price but still fairly cheap.

The following users thanked this post: vk3em

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #33 on: April 16, 2023, 10:57:10 am »
You can also try TestController, it supports many versions of the DL24 load.

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/program-that-can-log-from-many-multimeters/

Offline vk3em

• Contributor
« Reply #34 on: April 17, 2023, 01:48:30 am »
"DL24EW\ATORCH-DC Load PC Software V2.0.8(DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW).zip\ATORCH-DC Load PC Software V2.0.8(DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW)\01-DL24M(Purple)_DL150_DL24EW electronic load software V2.0.8\" (Build 2023-02) - only able to display the values, unable to start/stop (somewhat expected, as the readme does not claim that DL24P is compatible).

Thanks for posting this. I purchased a DL24MP and was using an older version here: https://www.mediafire.com/folder/1c04afq923397/A#yhumeijk86fj8

But your link is for a newer version: https://www.mediafire.com/file/jjy6gmms76t2jsw/ATORCH-DC_Load_PC_Software_V2.0.8%2528DL24M%2528Purple%2529_DL150_DL24EW%2529.zip/file

This software works well - although I have only tested it in CC mode, it appears to support all other modes. I use the logging facility to CSV for battery testing. What is really confusing is that ATORCH don't seem to consistently update each folder in mediafire.

The V2.0.8 is dated 16th Feb 2023, so looks like is still in active development.

Offline i3v

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2023, 06:00:19 pm »
Indeed, TestController is an interesting tool in a sense of various instruments integration. I should not have missed it out of my list   ::)
In a sense of DL24P built-in features support, though, it is just as limited as the other software tools I've tried. Thus, this is probably a firmware limitation (as compared to DL24MP and DL24EW).

The "Note" tooltip in TestController says:
Code: [Select]
These loads uses 3 different versions of the PX100 protocol, each defined load type will only work with one of the protocols. Duplicate #metadef and add V2 or V3 to the name when changing to a newer protocol for a already existing load.
At the current time V3 of the protocol is not complete, but mostly working.
And the set of the available commands is:
Code: [Select]
ATDL24P: ATorch DL24P on COM3
*idn?
capacity?
current?
energy?
on
on?
reset
setCurrent
setCurrent?
setTime
setTime?
setVoltage
setVoltage?
temperature?
time?
voltage?
#...
=
This set is the same for both "Protocol1" and "Protocol2" and the "Protocol3" seem to not work.
Thus, there's still just CC mode available. No external temperature reading. Maybe something else missing. The actually working feature set the same as in the "DL24 LOAD PC SOFT".

Offline HKJ

• Super Contributor
    • Tests
« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2023, 07:27:11 pm »
Indeed, TestController is an interesting tool in a sense of various instruments integration. I should not have missed it out of my list   ::)
In a sense of DL24P built-in features support, though, it is just as limited as the other software tools I've tried. Thus, this is probably a firmware limitation (as compared to DL24MP and DL24EW).

TC integration is done by a couple of different people, mostly focused on their needs.
I believe that the TC implementation mostly supports the known protocols of DL24, but that is not the same as fully supporting its functions for two reasons:
1) The protocol do not support all functions.
2) There is no documentation about the protocol.

1) is a significant reason, but there might also be something form 2).

Basically anybody can add devices to TC (I try to help with that), this means support for many devices, but not always perfect support.

Offline OCouch91

« Reply #37 on: May 07, 2023, 12:47:17 pm »
I have just uploaded to my website (www.hardandsoftware.net) a Windows 10 application that does everything I can get it to do (and all I need).  I think it is "approximately" professional quality.  It is free.  Download it using the Download Software link.

Dick

Just installed your program. Connected the dl24 to my laptop via bluetooth (bluetooth pin was 1234) and it just worked. Top stuff 👍
« Last Edit: May 07, 2023, 01:22:26 pm by OCouch91 »

Offline meandr

« Reply #38 on: October 23, 2023, 06:31:00 pm »
Hello, is it possible to use applications not only for discharge, but also for charging. Is it possible to connect a charger to it to observe the charge graph?

Offline MONO_ArGe

• Battery Technologies
« Reply #39 on: November 11, 2023, 12:52:09 pm »

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/program-that-can-log-from-many-multimeters/

Hi HKJ,
Thanks for your excellent work. I am using DL24M-P version and chineese programs fail 2 cycle test data. I am using your program, it was hard to get it work for me because only DL24-old can connect with my load. Everything is perfect for my needs except Voltage parameter only gets only one digit after dot 4.2V I have edited Device files and add more digits but no luck to get more digits I see 4.200V now. I think it can be set on driver level but I have no knowledge about it. Could you advise about what I can do for more accurate reading only for voltage other Current and Capacity readings are correct.

Thanks for your time.

Scan Mode sees these devices, COM4 is DL24M-P and COM6 is Riden RD6012P model
;; jSerialComm version: 2.10.3
;; Start thread for: COM3
;; Start thread for: COM4
;; Stopping thread for: COM3
;; Start thread for: COM6
;; COM3: Close
;; COM6: Set params: 9600
;; COM6: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; COM6: Rx: timeout
;; COM6: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; COM4: Set params: 9600
;; COM6: Rx: timeout
;; Stopping thread for: COM6
;; COM6: Close
;; COM4: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; COM4: Rx: timeout, in buffer: FF 55 28 63 88
;; COM4: Tx: <*IDN?.> 2A 49 44 4E 3F 0A
;; COM4: Rx: timeout, in buffer: FF 55 28 63 B6
;; Stopping thread for: COM4
;; COM4: Close

PS: I added screenshots,
« Last Edit: November 11, 2023, 01:37:29 pm by MONO_ArGe »

Offline Curious

• Contributor
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2024, 07:52:10 am »
I am using DL24M-P version and chineese programs fail 2 cycle test data. I am using your program, it was hard to get it work for me because only DL24-old can connect with my load.
Hello MONO_ArGe,
Any progress getting Test Controller to work better with DL24MP??

Offline robint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #41 on: February 08, 2024, 03:09:20 am »
Trouble is with a bells and whistles gizmo like this, with its flaky s/w - can you trust it to perform unattended, with its potential to fail to cut off giving you overcharge or over discharge states - we know what that can mean.

I found it a bit of a faff setting it up - IMHO NOT FOR UNATTENDED OPERATION
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing in the Lithium world

Offline MONO_ArGe

• Battery Technologies
« Reply #42 on: February 10, 2024, 09:59:49 am »
Sorry but no luck.

Offline robint

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #43 on: February 22, 2024, 05:59:35 pm »
My testing has taken a huge step forward, by binning the Atorch crap and moving on to the ZKE ap20, great pc s/w worked out of the box, one click operation for a repeatable cycling program.  Nuff said - no sponsor
A little knowledge is a dangerous thing in the Lithium world

Offline vvmm

• Contributor
« Reply #44 on: March 08, 2024, 11:16:06 am »
Hi guys!
I just bought a DL24M battery tester and it does connect to the Android phone, but on Windows I cannot pair the bluetooth. Adding a new bluetooth device does not find the DL24M-SPP serial port. I cannot pair with it at all.
Does anyone else managed to pair?
I need to generate graphs and save the data from testing.
Any thoughts?

Offline kosy

« Reply #45 on: March 20, 2024, 01:56:21 pm »
Well I just made an account to answear your question.
Assumption: You are running Windows 11.
You have to do this https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-20605/?spm=a2g0s.imconversation.0.0.1bc53e5fxjqqCb with slight modification by making (choosing) outgoing connection.

PS few days ago I have argued with Atorch support that W11 is supported without any additional drivers from their side. They were about to add this information to their manuals.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf