Author Topic: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator  (Read 549354 times)

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
Re: FeelTech FY6600 60MHz 2-Ch VCO Function Arbitrary Waveform Signal Generator
« Reply #550 on: January 21, 2018, 06:06:13 pm »

We need another unit to check, but it could be that there are NO calibration tables in the exiting fw, at lest for frequency, amplitude, phase and offset, that I've tested here. It could be that they measured once and determined the values and then left these trimmer resistors for tunning and that's it. The units will benefit for some individual calibration.
For the PSU they do offer a power-good pin that goes 0 when the power is there (it's a transistor with a resistor to base, of course, this one it's also not calibrated).

The non-linearity of the amplitude-value pairs suggest that they put a lookup table in the STM32 which is populated during production test.  But that may be a "feature" that they don't actually use.

Can you measure the delay for the power-good pin?  I'm going to do that on mine as soon as I get the workbench rewired.  At the moment I have gear on new shelves, but no power yet.  I'm still severely outlet challenged. I need another 8-10 outlets, but haven't yet figured out where to put them.

Offline Chris56000

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #551 on: January 21, 2018, 06:13:43 pm »
Hi!

I've got Mr. Tiong's books (both!) on PCB Reverse Engineering and I've started work on the schematic for the front–panel – I'm just laying–out the library symbols now before I draw out the schematic proper!

I'll draw up the Register Table once I've got a suitable copy of Office installed on my home lappy!

Chris Williams
It's an enigma that's what it is!! This thing's not fixed because it doesn't want to be fixed!!

Offline ArthurDent

• Super Contributor
« Reply #552 on: January 21, 2018, 09:32:12 pm »
DC1MC -"I try to be very careful and repeat the measurements a number of times before I post something, but of course, nobody's perfect, so if you spot any possible issue, I can redo the measurement."

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I had two points of confusion, the " vs  ° I could see, but where the last left entry in the table was 399.999, which is over 360°, I was wondering if I was missing something. The last value you got on the right looks logical for 359.999°. None of the results are not being questioned, just that there was a wrong digit entered.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #553 on: January 22, 2018, 11:43:25 am »
DC1MC -"I try to be very careful and repeat the measurements a number of times before I post something, but of course, nobody's perfect, so if you spot any possible issue, I can redo the measurement."

Perhaps I wasn't clear enough in my previous post. I had two points of confusion, the " vs  ° I could see, but where the last left entry in the table was 399.999, which is over 360°, I was wondering if I was missing something. The last value you got on the right looks logical for 359.999°. None of the results are not being questioned, just that there was a wrong digit entered.
True Arthur, this was a brainfart while transcribing :(, of course is 359.999

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #554 on: January 22, 2018, 03:10:35 pm »
I had a look at the JDS6600 teardown too ,despite looking very similar outwardly to the FY6600 ,its a very much simpler unit inside in all respects .Sorry Im not much use at programming ,so very little I can contribute to the great work you guys are doing in that respect.
I will be replacing the psu on mine once it arrives , I'll solder in the new output Ic's too .
That theory about the psu management pin sounds promising ,and surely wont be a major problem to fix if it turns out to be the weak link .
I did notice on the spec sheet that the distortion on the outputs reaches something in the order of 0.8% @ 0dbm, I wonder if this is something inherent in the DDS methodology or can be improved with a better powersupply and upgraded op-amps.
A proper Rf sheilding cage around the switchmode might also help in this respect as well as extra LC filters before the rails hit the main pcb, I found a lot of small switch psu's have extra space for these components ,but all too often these spaces remain unpopulated ,to save a few pennies. Theres always something gratifying about turning a sows ear into a silk purse .
The abillity to open up the firmware and turn a 15mhz unit into a 60mhz would truly be the icing on the cake ,and might serve as a wake-up call to the 'Feelers' guys to start treating their customers right.

DC1MC , RHB, Arth and Chris56 , sincerest thanks for your for your efforts and hard work .

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #555 on: January 22, 2018, 08:12:39 pm »
Hi Chris, welcome back after the hiatus, I'v thought that we've lost you   :'(, but now I hope you  :box: again. Soundtec, there is no programming so far, just some (bus) sniffing around, now and then please check this thread, who knows what nice things will pop.
My minimum goal is to bring the command decoding to the level where the signal board can be controlled with whatever thing has a SPI interface and 2-3 extra I/O, that means almost every fruit board and Arduino in the world.
Afterward I'll see if there is interest for more,  and of course participation from some other members.

I was trying to decode the channel on and off commands and along with the waveform change, they are way too much for Intronix, I can painfully log segments, but now it's clear that I need a better LA, with larger on device sample buffers and RLL compression.
I do kick myself that I didn't learn proper digital design, I was looking at all these affordable FPGA based ones, most of them have no sample compression (ACUTE up 600EUR, Digilent, others...) because they have a bit of memory on device and the rest have other strange design flaws, like this miserable and expensive junk that "uses PC memory" :(.
And I do have do ideas a proper USB 3 + FPGA LA design in a logic and pipelined way, but no way to implement them  :'( :'( :'(, even if I force mayself to start from almost scratch, getting the software infrastructure up and running and properly learning the design tools and simulators is way too much.

I repeat my appeal for an performant LA lease (2-3days, practically a week-end), if not, my meager finances will only let me try a SCANA Plus from IKALOGIC  for 95-100EUR or DS Studio clone, also any recommendation will be nice.

In the mean time let me tell you why I'm whining here, optimistic with the relatively easy capture for the sine waveform I've tried to change the waveform to square and also determine the on/off sequence for enabling the channels. Sadly this always triggers a full readout and refreshing of the LCD, and this is too much for the little Intronix and my attention span,  I can only get something like 8-10 registers even with compression, and it's easy to lose count when the control message has both readings and writings and around 60-100 registers moved around :(.

So right now I'm desperately sending price offers in fleabay, because if I order from China it will take ages. And trust me, it hurts to have to buy this crap and I have a good chance to be also useless.
 >:D note: If I'll ever make a commercial device with SPI interface, I'll make the clock high enough and space the transfers far enough to kill all the miserable LA, only elite LA owners should be able to decode it, at least here FeelTech did something good  ::) 

Cheers,
   DC1MC

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #556 on: January 22, 2018, 11:10:47 pm »
I believe I did mention this before  Zeroplus LAP-C has compression and also something they call "filtering", which is basically "sample enable gating".. You can enable one of the inputs to  behave as a sort of "enable", gating,  so analyser is not spending memory when not enabled. On SPI protocol you can set it to work on chip select for instance, and it will sample only when CS is active...
Sampling to 200Mhz..
I have 16128, 16ch 128k samples depth. Useful little thing..

Offline soundtec

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #557 on: January 23, 2018, 01:18:06 am »
On the subject of getting stuff delivered from China ,
I ordered quite a few items in early December ,some arrived within the specified time frame ,other stuff Im still waiting on .
Ive contacted a few of the sellers just to let them know Im still waiting .
Most just said hang tough another while ,but one offered to courier air freight another unit for something like 3 dollars US and work out what to do later if the original order arrives ,So really Im just saying if you see something at a good price from PROC it could be worth asking about what other delivery services are available , Im guessing the 3 dollars covers their costs,but you do see many places offereing courier delivery for way more more money ,like 20 dollars. Something small like a logic analyser might be cheap to fast track .

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #558 on: January 23, 2018, 11:55:02 am »
I believe I did mention this before  Zeroplus LAP-C has compression and also something they call "filtering", which is basically "sample enable gating".. You can enable one of the inputs to  behave as a sort of "enable", gating,  so analyser is not spending memory when not enabled. On SPI protocol you can set it to work on chip select for instance, and it will sample only when CS is active...
Sampling to 200Mhz..
I have 16128, 16ch 128k samples depth. Useful little thing..

Well, good for you and the useful little thing, the problem is the "upgradeable" 16032 units from 2011-2013 are long gone, fleabay has exactly ONE 16034 unit for 225 EUR and looking at the German/EU specialty shops shows the thing in between 480 and 800EUR, and I will never pay so much.

What will be nice to have is a board with a robust Xilinx FPGA  + DDR2 RAM like this Papillio or the Pipistrello board, unfortunately ALL of them had brainfarts during design, instead of putting some Cypress FX, interfaces they've put either some lame USB to serial converters or even lamer PICs, making them completely useless for anything, and so these boards have more or less disappeared.

Why is nobody connecting one of these FX3 chips to a FPGA+tons of RAM (64MBit at least) and so a nice logic analyzer design on it, with RLL, gating and data streaming, using the on device RAM for ample buffering.
On such a device I definitely spend  5-600EUR, not on some unknown ASIC based crap that is not even USB3.

OH well, I have to ask in forums if such a board already exists, maybe I do need to start a bit of digital design.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline cybermaus

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #559 on: January 23, 2018, 09:59:07 pm »
So I am on a different path. Mind you, not a very successful one, but I may as well see it through.

The Frauenhofer powerpoint is even more explicit then the paper. Where the paper states something along the lines of "testing some samples showed that the attack may not work on other series", the powerpoint simply states "we could not get this attack to work on other series"
And they do write they also had access to the STM32F103C8. I am also not able to get it to work, but that maybe me being stupid.

So, just for the heck of it, I ordered the same development board they were using (with a STM32F051R8T6)
If I can get the attack to work on that, I know I am doing it right. And if it then still not works on the STM32F103C8, I know we are screwed.

Should be here soon too.  For some unfathomable reason,  buying it local in Netherlands is cheaper then on eBay. Weird.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #560 on: January 23, 2018, 10:25:02 pm »
Strange thing Cybermaus, in Merkelania, the blue pills with the exact same chip as in the FP are something like 4,99EUR, I've got two of them, to use for the Fraunhoffer experiment, I was thinking to make the pseudo SWI debug interface on one of them and use it on the other and fine tunning the timing, I think it will get a bit better and faster then what the researchers used.
Right now I'm getting hold back by the lack of a proper LA (hint for the gear heads, part for a week-end of your cool LA, I promise not to run with it ;) so in the mean time I have to see how to solve this.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Offline 2N3055

• Super Contributor
« Reply #561 on: January 23, 2018, 10:58:19 pm »

Well, good for you and the useful little thing, the problem is the "upgradeable" 16032 units from 2011-2013 are long gone, fleabay has exactly ONE 16034 unit for 225 EUR and looking at the German/EU specialty shops shows the thing in between 480 and 800EUR, and I will never pay so much.
My 16128  was 270 € (no VAT) in eleshop...

What will be nice to have is a board with a robust Xilinx FPGA  + DDR2 RAM like this Papillio or the Pipistrello board, unfortunately ALL of them had brainfarts during design, instead of putting some Cypress FX, interfaces they've put either some lame USB to serial converters or even lamer PICs, making them completely useless for anything, and so these boards have more or less disappeared.

Why is nobody connecting one of these FX3 chips to a FPGA+tons of RAM (64MBit at least) and so a nice logic analyzer design on it, with RLL, gating and data streaming, using the on device RAM for ample buffering.
On such a device I definitely spend  5-600EUR, not on some unknown ASIC based crap that is not even USB3.

OH well, I have to ask in forums if such a board already exists, maybe I do need to start a bit of digital design.

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Also was said, tool with Xilinx® Spartan®-6 FPGA and 2Gbit of buffer RAM is Digital discovery...  That one was 186 € (no VAT)... No compression, but it has segmented capture..
Maybe Digilent could be persuaded to add compression ??

Regards,

Sinisa

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #562 on: January 23, 2018, 11:30:43 pm »

My 16128  was 270 € (no VAT) in eleshop...
Now out of stock :(

Cheers,
 DC1MC

Also was said, tool with Xilinx® Spartan®-6 FPGA and 2Gbit of buffer RAM is Digital discovery...  That one was 186 € (no VAT)... No compression, but it has segmented capture..
Maybe Digilent could be persuaded to add compression ??
This is a thing that I will not pick it for free, my rant about can be read for your enjoyment in the other forum where I was asking for board suggestions  :-DD

Regards,

Sinisa

Cheers,
 DC1MC

The following users thanked this post: 2N3055

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #563 on: January 24, 2018, 12:32:16 am »
The good news:  I've got reliable connections to the bus and am getting data.  The MSO2204EA will collect 10 Mpts at 100,200,500 Ms/S & 1 Gs/S.

The bad news: I have no clue what I'm doing.  I've never used the LA features before other than a brief attempt which made clear I needed more reliable connections to the bus.  So I have several things to learn.  The scope LA , the AWG and the SPI bus..  I know what the SPI bus  is and  its strengths and weaknesses, but I have no practical experience working with it.  I've also never used a  LA before.

FWIW I was reading the JDS thread today.  The maker is very active in the forum helping owners and explaining the history of the very similar units.  Apparently two engineers designed all the units.  The JDS is the most recent version.  I think a major issue for FeelTech is the lack of an engineer with English language skills.  I urge everyone to ask for technical assistance from FeelTech.  JDS is providing the bus command protocol.  It's in Chinese so google translate is required for most, but they will help with problems.

Please!!!! Start a thread in the repair section of EEVblog so people can find things like bus pin assignments, etc.  Trolling through this thread to find a snippet of information is a huge waste of time.

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #564 on: January 24, 2018, 06:23:04 am »
I can arrange Chinese translations if needed. I am owed a few favours  :)

Now what and where do I probe or more to the point what is most useful? Thinking of populating the third header on the display board with pins to make it a bit easier?

Both my boards are V1.5 running v3.1 firmware btw

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 06:24:51 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #565 on: January 24, 2018, 07:29:25 am »
The good news:  I've got reliable connections to the bus and am getting data.  The MSO2204EA will collect 10 Mpts at 100,200,500 Ms/S & 1 Gs/S.

The bad news: I have no clue what I'm doing.  I've never used the LA features before other than a brief attempt which made clear I needed more reliable connections to the bus.  So I have several things to learn.  The scope LA , the AWG and the SPI bus..  I know what the SPI bus  is and  its strengths and weaknesses, but I have no practical experience working with it.  I've also never used a  LA before.

FWIW I was reading the JDS thread today.  The maker is very active in the forum helping owners and explaining the history of the very similar units.  Apparently two engineers designed all the units.  The JDS is the most recent version.  I think a major issue for FeelTech is the lack of an engineer with English language skills.  I urge everyone to ask for technical assistance from FeelTech.  JDS is providing the bus command protocol.  It's in Chinese so google translate is required for most, but they will help with problems.

Please!!!! Start a thread in the repair section of EEVblog so people can find things like bus pin assignments, etc.  Trolling through this thread to find a snippet of information is a huge waste of time.

OK, the's take them in importance order last is bigger:
1) FeelTech and technical assistance: Only in China you can became an electronics engineer without proficient English, all over the world you're screwed if you try, I wish they would have exported just the textile industry there :(.
Asking for technical assistance: I have asked FeelTech really politely for very minor things, I've got exactly ZERO answers, if nobody knows English there it's understandable, if somebody ask for me of something in Swahily I won't be able to answer them, or just confirm that I've received an inquiry, that make sense. Ah, who am I kidding, they are the typical Asian company, eager to copy and profit from everything and considering a weakness and stupidity to share anything back, at least with non-Asians. I would so much LOVE to be proven wrong, but in 15 years or so while dealing with them I never had a cool story, and I haven't heard too many as well.  So JDS has a full specification of the control protocol from the FP to the Signal Board, all the registers and settings being explained, and compatible with FY6600 huh ? Willing to share it, but in Chinese ?
I would say bring it on, I've never seen a real unicorn yet :), and being a Mandarin Unicorn will not make it less beautiful ;).
Also a link to the JDS thread will help.

2) About actually doing stuff, I don't know if your scope has an individual LA or just has a protocol decoder using the analogue scope inputs.
<Beginner explain mode>
The commands are send via SPI protocol, the protocol uses 3 to 4 wires and it's a synchronous protocol, that means the data it's send and received being aligned with a common clock shared both by the sender and the receiver.
So you have to grab that clock before everything else, in our situation it's on pin 6 of the connector, the SPI protocol it's also a raycist  ;D  protocol, where there is a master and a number of slaves, they are selected with an individual selection pin, in our case there seem to be two slaves, but for basic stuff we can ignore it for the moment. Only master talks and generates the clock, and talks to the slaves using the MOSI signal (Master Out, Slave In), pin 8 and listen to what are they saying using the MISO pin (Master In, Slave Out), pin 7.
There is also a Slave Select or Chip Select pin, that goes to 0 usually, to wake up the slaves and tell them that the master is gonna talk and they better be listening and answering or else... (very raycist ;)
This is our pin 5, usually if you have a LA you use this pin on falling edge to trigger acquisition, if you have a two channel scope with separate sync input you put it there and use it as trigger, if you have a 4CH scope you can still put it on the sync input but also on one of the channels, and if you have just a 2 channel scope without separate sync, you ignore it and use the clock signal to trigger, but it's a bit on the edge.

So, with a two inputs scope you can see one direction only M->S or S->M, with a 4 inputs scope you can see and decode fully the SPI interface, same with a proper LA.

Now the clock and transfer size varies, in our case the clock it's 18MHz and the transfer size or word size it's 16 bits, an LA should be  used in sampling mode, with a sampling frequency of at least 100MHz to get reliable results. Scope ca. 50ns/div, depends on what they recommend for SPI protocol decoding in regard with the clock frequency.

On the Signal Board side, in the FPGA, there are a number of individual addressable entities called registers, a register is written or read using 3 x 16bit transfers, one for address and two for the data to be written or read, you can see a bit behind some of those registers read and explained, my LA has reached it's limits, so I'm waiting to get a proper one.

If your protocol decoder works, you should be able to get the registers values while doing different settings (compare first with the ones already discovered to make sure that everything it's set OK ).
In the evening I will make a new post in the Repairs forum, summarizing the details spread around here and I can assist anyone trying to get the information or trying to translate this mystical JDS document :).

I have to run for work now, cheers.

</Beginner explain mode>

Offline DerKammi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #566 on: January 24, 2018, 07:35:12 am »
Despite all the warnings and firmware issues I decided to buy the unit beginning this month and it still somewhere between China and me. But I expect the unit to be delivered next week if customs is playing nice this time.

I was planning to help with the protocol decoding but all the high speeds and long packet pauses got me of this helping plan since I don't have a capable LA. only a 4ch 200Ms scope with limited memory.

Making a schematic of the boards should be no big deal as from the pictures most of it is clear enough already. The front panel is still a bit unknown to me as there are no high res pictures available yet.

I plan on making a linear PSU with 6 outputs 2x +5, +-13.8V and +-5V for the 5 legged op amps to replace the 7805 and 7905.

Hope to make a new front panel controller/software with a combined effort of us all, only for a different font would be top notch :D

« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 07:39:58 am by DerKammi »

Online beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #567 on: January 24, 2018, 08:11:56 am »
Scope is a 4channel 100MHz with uart spi i2c can bus decoding etc.

Just for my information as much as anyone elses I have buzzed out the header on the front panel because as has been mentioned this thread is getting a little bulky to follow and got the following.

Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #568 on: January 24, 2018, 11:56:33 am »
Scope is a 4channel 100MHz with uart spi i2c can bus decoding etc.

Just for my information as much as anyone elses I have buzzed out the header on the front panel because as has been mentioned this thread is getting a little bulky to follow and got the following.

Well, now you know where to hook you scope  ;D, waiting for the first results, if possible try to reproduce the Sine wave result that I have posted, there are 20 registers set ( 30 SPI transfers) and then try for example disabling and re-enabling of a channel, this updated the LDC and transfers muuuuch more data, this killed my little Intronix.

Nice picture with comments, we should include it in the official documentation in the new thread, I'll do a fully disassemble of my FP to get pictures and try to map the buttons and the LCD connector.
Maybe you can post it completely along with others to help DerKammi with the schematic capture.

@DerKammi Let's not be swept away by all the negativity, for the price it's really a good development platform for people that want to study and understand many things, from MCU to FPGA programming, direct digital synthesis of signals, analog stuff and much more (even power supply design and pitfalls). And when it works it makes a usable device and if fully moded and fitted with our new fw ;) will make a killer device.

Cheers from the lunch break, DC1MC

Offline DerKammi

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #569 on: January 24, 2018, 12:08:47 pm »
@DerKammi Let's not be swept away by all the negativity, for the price it's really a good development platform for people that want to study and understand many things, from MCU to FPGA programming, direct digital synthesis of signals, analog stuff and much more (even power supply design and pitfalls). And when it works it makes a usable device and if fully moded and fitted with our new fw ;) will make a killer device.

Oh I'm not at all. The reason of the purchase is the modding capabilities of this device. Also a new firmware is something which I find to have a real goal of writing software for. Taking also those small embedded projects to the next level in my hobby environment.

Offline rhb

• Super Contributor
« Reply #570 on: January 24, 2018, 04:32:49 pm »
Ask for a pinout and get a lecture on PC :-(

The FD JDS6600 thread is here:

https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/anybody-know-anything-about-this-signal-generator/msg1233239/#msg1233239

Sadly, I am now completely borked.  I was getting SPI traffic last night but didn't know which pins to assign in the LA.  This morning when I powered it on, the LA reported "buffer overflow".   After that there was no detectable bus traffic.

After I dug through all the excess verbiage and found the pin assignments I discovered that except for an occasional burst of noise on all channels of the SPI bus, there is NO traffic.  The beeper makes noise, but maybe one out of 10-20 beeps is accompanied by bus traffic.  Just in case it was an error setting up the LA, I switched to using the analog channels.  It's just noise.

Two pins are logic high and two are logic low when it is idle.  There is now no output from either channel.  There was earlier this morning, but I could not change the waveforms.  Power cycling seems to be fatal.

Nothing left now for me to do except to treat the FP as a crappy dev board with some buttons and an unknown LCD unless someone comes up with a FW image or the bus protocol.  It will be interesting to see what eBay and Paypal have to say.  I just wish it were easier to contact them.

I'll probably order an FD JDS6600 in the next few days to have a decent AWG.  But I'm going to read the full thread first.

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #571 on: January 24, 2018, 05:53:35 pm »
@rhb: Oh man, this is really terrible  :palm:, it seem that there really is something that kills them, the firmware or the power supply must be really bad, because I've abused a blue pill board with the same chip and practically 0 power filtering, besides an anemic cap, and I still wasn't able to bork it.
Kindly please tell us the firmware version, how is the defect manifesting (besides no signal) like is the display still  correctly showing up info, the channel LEDs are going on and off when you enable and disable the channel, and finally, is the unit recognized and controllable from the PC, can you try there to set up a sine waveform from the PC ?
The I/O pins of the STM are pretty resilient to grounding and short-circuiting and on the configuration connector there is no power, just ground.
For the sine wave we have the SPI control sequence, to set up almost everything, we're missing the initialization sequence and then you can connect anything that can do SPI with 16bit word ( again a blue pill will be the best and very cheap).

I'M MAKING AN APPEAL TO GERMAN READERS THAT ARE PLACED IN THE MANNHEIM-HEIDELBERG-KARLSRUHE-STUTTGART AREA AND HAVE A PERFORMANT LOGIC ANALYZER FOR LEASING IT TO ME FOR A WEEK-END OR I CAN COME WITH MY UNIT TO THEIR PLACE AND MEASURE THE BUS TO GET THE PROTOCOL OUT OF THE WAY !!!

It's a four hour work with two persons, and I can also provide the beer and Würstchen, or a snack/beverage of choice plus he'll get all the forum glory and karma  :-+ .

If by this week-end I'll not find a better analyzer, I'll try to proceed with my Intronix to get at least the initialization sequence out of many restarts, if it holds it holds, if it dies it dies, if not at least we can still use the borked units until the fw is recovered/rebuild.

Keep fighting,
DC1MC

Offline Diabolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #572 on: January 24, 2018, 06:05:34 pm »
Hello,

It would not be electrostatic discharge that would be a problem ?

Diabolo

Offline DC1MC

• Super Contributor
« Reply #573 on: January 24, 2018, 06:12:56 pm »
Hello,

It would not be electrostatic discharge that would be a problem ?

Diabolo

That could be a cause, but I believe everybody here knows the basic rules for ESD protection and rsd isn't a novice. Also the defect appeared at power-on not when wires were moved around, AFAIK it was working OK and rhb turned it off for the evening and when turned back it was not working anymore. There are so many reports of these just dying at power-up that it seems there is a catastrophic design fault, wonder if it's sw or hw  :o.

Offline Diabolo

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2018, 06:24:51 pm »
Hello,

It may be a "weak" component that dropped at startup.
I have a FY2300H (color blue) version 3.2 (bought July 2017) and I have no problem, its power is 5V - 1A by a PS style charger GSM.

Diabolo

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf