Author Topic: feeltech FY6800 firmware !! solved !!  (Read 1706 times)

Offline ptluisTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
feeltech FY6800 firmware !! solved !!
« on: February 08, 2023, 02:31:09 pm »
Hello my friends,  after a power failure this device won't boot anymore, stays stuck on the feeltech logo. No buttons work.  All voltages on the power supply are ok. I suspect a corrupted firmware. Does anyone have it and kindly send me the firmware file FY6800-DDS.FYbi ?
I've searched everywhere and there's a link on Github but sadly doesn't work anymore.

Thank you
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 08:36:30 pm by ptluis »

Offline tomud

• Regular Contributor
Re: feeltech FY6800 firmware
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2023, 03:26:40 pm »
Unfortunately, the firmware is protected by the manufacturer and is not available. With this file you will not program the processor when it is out of order and the bootloader does not work (the firmware is encrypted).

However, I know a person who had a problem (with the FY6900) and wrote to the manufacturer. They helped by selling the programmed processor and memory for the FPGA for less than $10

Damage to the power supply could lead to other damage to the electronics. Check that the processor has the correct 3.3V power supply. Unfortunately, damage to the firmware in this case is unlikely, as the processor and FPGA could be damaged (if too high voltage was applied to the electronics from a damaged power supply). To sum up, first check if the stabilizers responsible for powering the FPGA (3.3V, 2.5V, 1.2V) and the processor (3.3V) are operational.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 04:01:36 pm by tomud »
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple neat and wrong...

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2023, 05:05:02 pm »
Unfortunately, the firmware is protected by the manufacturer and is not available. With this file you will not program the processor when it is out of order and the bootloader does not work (the firmware is encrypted).

However, I know a person who had a problem (with the FY6900) and wrote to the manufacturer. They helped by selling the programmed processor and memory for the FPGA for less than $10

Damage to the power supply could lead to other damage to the electronics. Check that the processor has the correct 3.3V power supply. Unfortunately, damage to the firmware in this case is unlikely, as the processor and FPGA could be damaged (if too high voltage was applied to the electronics from a damaged power supply). To sum up, first check if the stabilizers responsible for powering the FPGA (3.3V, 2.5V, 1.2V) and the processor (3.3V) are operational.

Hi tomud, thank's for your reply, I've tested all lines and all voltages are ok and stable. I've connected the oscilloscope probe to the spi flash and it is not sending any kind of signals, looks dead. Just have to see if I have another one in my spare parts and flash it with the dump I've backup when I bought this unit and see what will happen.
If this doesn't work I have to try the "contacting the manufacturer" approach.

Offline tomud

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2023, 05:42:45 pm »
It is true that I did not analyze how exactly the generator is built and how exactly everything is controlled. But it doesn't have to be a problem of the FPGA and its memory.

These are my guesses ;) There is an STM32 processor on the front panel, probably it controls the device's power supply (including the standby mode).

It is possible that if the processor is damaged, it will not give a signal from sleep mode and the FPGA will not start (no power supply will be provided to the FPGA etc.).
To begin with, I would try to check the processor so that something appears on the display. If the FPGA is not working, no waveforms will appear on the display (as far as I remember, this is how it works in the FY6900).

It is possible that something is damaged, e.g. in the system responsible for exiting the standby mode.

« Last Edit: February 08, 2023, 05:46:20 pm by tomud »
For every complex problem, there is a solution that is simple neat and wrong...

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2023, 08:40:50 pm »
It is true that I did not analyze how exactly the generator is built and how exactly everything is controlled. But it doesn't have to be a problem of the FPGA and its memory.

These are my guesses ;) There is an STM32 processor on the front panel, probably it controls the device's power supply (including the standby mode).

It is possible that if the processor is damaged, it will not give a signal from sleep mode and the FPGA will not start (no power supply will be provided to the FPGA etc.).
To begin with, I would try to check the processor so that something appears on the display. If the FPGA is not working, no waveforms will appear on the display (as far as I remember, this is how it works in the FY6900).

It is possible that something is damaged, e.g. in the system responsible for exiting the standby mode.

it was indeed the spi flash, the original one is W25Q16JVSIQ and is not recognized by the programmer. Since I don't have this exact model I replace it with W25Q16BVSIG and burn the dump I've made previously. And voilá! it's alive! Thank you tomud for you suggestions!

Offline RUS

Re: feeltech FY6800 firmware !! solved !!
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2023, 12:15:33 pm »
I did not do DUMP Flash FPGA for FY6900. I'm looking for a firmware for almost a year. Feeltech does not answer.. :)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf