Author Topic: First Oscope  (Read 2638 times)

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
Re: First Oscope
« Reply #25 on: February 14, 2024, 07:32:37 pm »
Zeeweii DSO3D12 can directly measure 220V electricity? Are the signal lines overflowing the screen or not?
Max voltage ±40V(x1), ±400V(x10)
The measurable voltage range of 10X range is 600V(DC+AC). (from user manual)

I only have a DSO2512G and it could show up to 8kV in x100 mode. Not sure about the similar DSO3D12.

But I wouldn't try it.  ;)
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 07:54:32 pm by Aldo22 »

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: February 14, 2024, 07:35:03 pm »
Zeeweii DSO3D12 can directly measure 220V electricity? Are the signal lines overflowing the screen or not?
Don't use these cheap scopes that may or may not lie about their specs with equally cheap probes for measuring mains. This requires more reliable equipment and especially more experience than this question implies. What are you expecting to see on a scope anyway? Use a decent DMM to measure mains, and just use these scopes for lower voltages.

Offline naiclub

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #27 on: February 14, 2024, 08:15:38 pm »
Because most repair work I use to measure. It is a power converter from a battery. It is 220VAC electricity (in order to see a pure waveform). See that the waveform is not distorted. It must always come out beautiful and display a frequency of 50Hz.
which the measured scope is now ZOYI-702https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xgQMMxsRU6Fo8YkoVMHfjo47ohSRXH5f/view?usp=drive_link
« Last Edit: February 14, 2024, 08:18:52 pm by naiclub »

Online csuhi17

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #28 on: February 14, 2024, 11:45:15 pm »

is there any oscilloscope that can measure 230VAC in 1:1?
So far I've only looked at low-end scopes, but I haven't seen one among them.
I would not use the factory test lead to measure the main voltage, not least because of the bare metal part of the BNC connector.

Offline naiclub

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #29 on: February 14, 2024, 11:51:48 pm »
1:1 Can't measure it, sir. Must be adjusted at 10:1 If you still insist, 1:1 will be used to measure. I think there might be smoke rising from the scrope.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
« Reply #30 on: February 14, 2024, 11:52:31 pm »
Because most repair work I use to measure. It is a power converter from a battery. It is 220VAC electricity (in order to see a pure waveform). See that the waveform is not distorted. It must always come out beautiful and display a frequency of 50Hz.
I'd take a small 230V > 12V (or similar) transformer, and put it in an isolated enclosure with a mains lead on one end and test points on the other end. This allows you to measure frequency and shape without having to worry about the voltage, and also solves the grounding issue typically associated with measuring mains voltages.

Offline PlainName

• Super Contributor
« Reply #31 on: February 15, 2024, 12:11:05 am »
Because most repair work I use to measure. It is a power converter from a battery. It is 220VAC electricity (in order to see a pure waveform).

Everyone has different needs, but this thread is to help the original poster to pick something for his needs. And he tells us what they are:

My usecase is measuring audio waveforms from audio amplifiers to look for distortion or clipping. Additionally, I'm interested in learning proper techniques for repairing amplifiers and other electronics, as my current methods are hacky and have limitations.

I don't see anything relating the mains voltage there, and the Zeewei should be fine. It would be a shame if you scared him off a useful scope because it wouldn't be suitable for your use.

The following users thanked this post: alm

Offline naiclub

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #32 on: February 15, 2024, 12:17:36 am »
I didn't make him afraid. I just want people who have had experience to share scopes that can answer many types of questions. This will be very useful for those who are amateurs like me.
And the wide range of uses will be a profit for the owner of the scope.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 12:21:21 am by naiclub »

Offline jonpaul

• Super Contributor
« Reply #33 on: February 15, 2024, 12:55:24 am »
  From Cypres For nice old analog scopes, like Tektronix, I suggest to contact Qservice, in Greece.

https://www.qservice.tv/

The site has parts for repair of vintage instruments and electronics but contact

They might   have some used old analog scopes.

If you can visit them you can see and save shipping.

Jon
Jean-Paul  the Internet Dinosaur

Offline naiclub

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #34 on: February 15, 2024, 12:57:53 am »
I'd take a small 230V > 12V (or similar) transformer, and put it in an isolated enclosure with a mains lead on one end and test points on the other end. This allows you to measure frequency and shape without having to worry about the voltage, and also solves the grounding issue typically associated with measuring mains voltages.
In this case, I made a tool. Composite tester for For measuring 220V electricity directly. To measure whether it is good or bad in the circuit.
Specifically used with the FNIRSI 1014D scope (but to be honest, it's very cumbersome).

Offline MarkieTopic starter

« Reply #35 on: February 15, 2024, 10:56:19 am »
Greece and Cyprus are not connected i would need to take a plane to see them hahah

Offline MarkieTopic starter

« Reply #36 on: February 15, 2024, 10:57:37 am »
Heyo only time il be measuring 240 would be in multimeter mode

The following users thanked this post: shakalnokturn

Offline spanakop

• Contributor
« Reply #37 on: February 15, 2024, 02:51:45 pm »
Greece and Cyprus are not connected i would need to take a plane to see them hahah

or ferry!!

Online Aldo22

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #38 on: February 15, 2024, 03:27:48 pm »

or ferry!!

But not for a CRO.
Would you buy a tube TV from the eighties as your "first TV"?
Come on!  :-DD

Online baldurn

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #39 on: February 15, 2024, 05:51:48 pm »
CRO and mobile does not compute. Why are we even talking about it when it fails the requirements?

Offline Veteran68

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #40 on: February 15, 2024, 06:29:51 pm »
I have two of the three you listed. Without question the Owon is the better of the three. The Owon HDS scopes are great little scope/DMM units, especially as you get into the higher models (I have the 200Mhz HDS2202S). I would buy the fastest one you can afford, but if 40Mhz is more than you'll ever need, then it will probably work well for you.

If that's the limits of your budget, the Owon is a good scope in that price range, but I would concur with others that you would be served better with a bench scope. And regardless you should pick up a separate DMM. In fact I'd still recommend two dedicated DMMs in addition to any type of scope device, even if said scope has a DMM built-in, but starting out on a budget having a combo device isn't a terrible idea.

You can get reasonable DMMs on a budget from Aneng/Zotek/Zoyi, Owon, and Kaiweets/Habotest. Although I'd suggest saving up to get at least one decent Bryman. The Chinese Flukes, like the 17B Max, are also good electronics meters without the US Fluke pricetag.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2024, 06:31:33 pm by Veteran68 »

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf