Author Topic: Fluke 174?  (Read 9868 times)

Offline LaurentRTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Fluke 174?
« on: June 11, 2017, 03:26:42 pm »
Bumped into this meter at Fry's the other day. Never heard of it and it's not on Fluke's website. There is very little info on it anywhere but it is sold at Fry's and on Amazon.com.

It looks like a defeatured 3000FC. It seems to have this awkward large screen where only the top is used (the 3000 FC uses the whole screen).

https://smile.amazon.com/Fluke-EDA2-Industrial-Electronics-Multimeter/dp/B01EX8MU66/

Offline simone.pignatti

• Frequent Contributor
Re: Fluke 174?
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2017, 06:44:03 pm »
it ss a limited production model for the American market only
Technical Support

Offline Electro Detective

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2017, 07:58:47 am »
Fluke 233 and 117 hooked up, had a child and named it 174   :-DMM

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
  • Cursed: 679 times
Re: Fluke 174
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2017, 11:43:09 am »
I must be missing something in the translation, these meters are currently discounted down and listed at $184.83 USD on Amazon but as LaurentR pointed out earlier they are not really mentioned anywhere else including the Fluke product page.

The Amazon listing mentions 125 reviews but this is deceptive and refers to reviews of other Fluke models and products, apparently this meter can record a multitude of min/ max readings which is a feature I haven't seen before, can somebody in the US confirm or verify whether this meter actually exists and that it can be purchased, unfortunately I do not have an Amazon account and I doubt they would ship one down here anyway.

Offline ben_r_

• Frequent Contributor
  • A Real Nowhere Man
Re: Fluke 174
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2017, 04:42:17 pm »
I must be missing something in the translation, these meters are currently discounted down and listed at $184.83 USD on Amazon but as LaurentR pointed out earlier they are not really mentioned anywhere else including the Fluke product page.

The Amazon listing mentions 125 reviews but this is deceptive and refers to reviews of other Fluke models and products, apparently this meter can record a multitude of min/ max readings which is a feature I haven't seen before, can somebody in the US confirm or verify whether this meter actually exists and that it can be purchased, unfortunately I do not have an Amazon account and I doubt they would ship one down here anyway.
Oh it exists alright: LINK
If at first you don't succeed, redefine success!

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2017, 02:13:46 am »
Thanks, it really is a thing but not available down here as far as I can tell. It's a damn shame that the prices for Fluke meters and gear down this way are so ridiculously expensive in comparison otherwise I might own a few more of them. Also your link was slightly dodgy but it did help to locate the Fry's page which I have linked below.   :-+

http://www.frys.com/product/9197468

« Last Edit: July 25, 2017, 02:15:21 am by Muttley Snickers »

Offline murpher

« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2017, 01:05:40 am »
I found this on a special from Frys.com for $99 (until 8-5-17 coupon code 3000814). I called Fluke and they e-mailed me a manual. I tried to post the manual, but it's to big at 5.6 MB. Apparently it seems this was introduced in 2016 and was discontinued June/July 2017. I ordered one for $99 no shipping no tax, but wonder now if i would be better to cancel the order and go with a 115.... I'd hate to have a dud.

The following users thanked this post: Muttley Snickers, Marco1971

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2017, 01:40:12 am »
Many thanks and welcome to the forum, I would be buying these meters all day long if they were available down here for $99, a similar sized meter but incorporating current measurement is the Fluke 179 and here in Australia they are generally listed at around the $600 mark, anyway I would love to have a read of that manual but at 5.6 meg it might be a tad too large to send and receive via email.

I have a 179, 117 and others already but am always up for another one particularly if the price is right, thanks again.

Offline retiredcaps

• Super Contributor
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2017, 01:46:23 am »
I would be buying these meters all day long if they were available down here for $99,
Yes, $99USD for a Fluke is a good deal. Of course, it won't meet everyone's diverse requirements, but still a good deal. If I could get one in Canada for $99 CDN, I would get one.

Offline joeqsmith

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2017, 02:01:20 am »
Bumped into this meter at Fry's the other day. Never heard of it and it's not on Fluke's website. There is very little info on it anywhere but it is sold at Fry's and on Amazon.com.

It looks like a defeatured 3000FC. It seems to have this awkward large screen where only the top is used (the 3000 FC uses the whole screen).
Would be interesting to compare the two layouts.   Does look like they reused much of the design to save cost.

Offline murpher

« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2017, 05:10:09 pm »
Inside board says "fluke-3000-3001"

Offline murpher

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2017, 05:23:50 pm »
2nd pic of board. I think maybe it is a stripped down 3000.

Offline Muttley Snickers

• Supporter
« Reply #12 on: September 28, 2017, 01:40:54 am »
I just found a recently posted video which shows the 174 in action, more or less. It's a shame that we are yet to get a proper look and review of this meter but it's better than nothing at all.   ::) :P 

Also in this video I noticed on a few occasions where the meters front and rear moldings appeared to be slightly different in either colour or texture as can be seen in the saved images below, I thought initially that it might be just the lighting but to see it more than once through out the video could be an indication that the batch was slightly off, a bit hard to tell really.   :-// ???

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf