Author Topic: Fluke 289 to excel streaming  (Read 323 times)

Offline UKpatTopic starter

Fluke 289 to excel streaming
« on: March 05, 2024, 10:24:36 pm »
Hi al

Was wondering if anyone here has managed to find a way of outputting the display info of a 289 to stream via usb to excel, hope this an acceptable question for this forum...regards Pat 

Online BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 289 to excel streaming
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2024, 04:57:32 pm »
The USB to Fluke 289 is a serial to USB converter so if you write a VBA module to communicate with the com port you can do that. Use the information in this file
chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.uniteng.com/neildocs/facilities/Fluke289_remote_spec28X.pdf
I was able to read from the 289 by writing a program with Visual Basic. So VBA for Excel wouldn't be too much different.

Offline luma

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2024, 11:52:56 am »
Sounds like an afternoon project with modern micros.  Take something like an ESP32-C3, feed a uart the serial stream, and have it run the USB port as an HID device to emulate the keystrokes.

Hell i’ll make the offer, send me a free 289 and I’ll have you a solution in a day :)

Online BeBuLamar

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2024, 12:23:49 pm »
There are pre made software (from Fluke and others) to records readings to a *.csv file which can be opened in Excel. Unless you have reasons that need the data to go into Excel directly those are easy solution.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf