Author Topic: VBA/VB Waveform Data from a Siglent SDS1xxxX-E Series Scope  (Read 931 times)

Offline daveykTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
VBA/VB Waveform Data from a Siglent SDS1xxxX-E Series Scope
« on: November 13, 2019, 09:34:22 pm »
I don't know what forum to put this in, here or under programming.

Does anyone have a VB routine for pulling all the amplitude and time data from what is shown on the screen of the of a Siglent scope?

I do not want a screen shot, just the amplitude and time data for a given channel.  Of course, I would have to ask the scope the vertical and horizontal ranges.

I would be able to analyze the data for what I need or ever re-create the waveform in a microsoft chart.  I would probably be using VBA (I have done a lot of very extensive and complex test software in VBA under Microsoft Access, believe it or not.  I also have utilities in VB6 (yes, I still use it) that talk, and listen, to my equipment via GPIB and Network Connections.  I just found the programming example from Siglent on how to do it uninterpretable (to me) as I only do VB.  I think the example in the manual I have is in Python.

Right now with the Scope, I do use VBA/VB to set it up and get signal amplitude data from it and all the other commands.  I just haven't been able to figure out how to load up a dimensional variable with the channel signal data.

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Re: VBA/VB Waveform Data from a Siglent SDS1xxxX-E Series Scope
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2019, 01:29:06 am »
HendriXML has some interesting threads on data acquisition from Siglent gear, hunt them out. 
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf