Author Topic: Teardown Extech EX570, my first but also last Extech…  (Read 30148 times)

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Teardown Extech EX570, my first but also last Extech…
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2013, 05:54:14 pm »
I am very happy that you are getting satisfaction for your troubles. Personally I think Extech has a lot of damage control to do with these quality control problems that keep showing up. I would really like to hear what they are doing to correct the problems and what they are doing to help customers that might have the same obviously seriously dangerous situation you have in your 570, but they don't know it. You cannot be the only, nor Dave with that bodged meter, nor the exploding tweezers, etc etc. I am sure there are people out there using Extech meters that have poorly soldered boards just waiting to short out at the worst time.

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2013, 06:28:55 pm »
I would really like to hear what they are doing to correct the problems

Well, do you? They will never tell you the truth. What we know is they are better at talking then at QC.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2013, 06:35:14 pm »
I would really like to hear what they are doing to correct the problems

Well, do you? They will never tell you the truth. What we know is they are better at talking then at QC.

Yeah it's difficult being a pessimist and an optimist at the same time.  |O

Offline SpawnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2013, 11:08:55 pm »
In my case Extech did solved my problem, I got this meter from a local auction site from a person unopened box and leads in a sealed package, Extech could always say go back to your seller like most manufacturers do, and I would be stuck with a meter full problems, so I am happy with the solution.

But, I don’t want to sound selfish I think Extech would do that to anyone and that’s not a thing you see now days, of course the meters they sell are not cheap, after sales care is nothing more than normal and that still doesn’t make up with the problem these meters are showing so I really like to believe Extech is taking this seriously and considering to review their business with the manufacturer they hire to make these meters, this very same model had also a recall on first series because they were showing problems with low battery.

Like Bored@Work said Extech won’t go public and tell their steps against the manufacturer, but what company does that? At this point the best thing would be a clarifying message against the buyers of these meters, one bad news grows a lot faster than good news.

Offline mAJORD

• Contributor
« Reply #29 on: January 20, 2013, 11:38:51 pm »
Their PCB layout is horrible.Wtf is with the wire running under the current shunt?.. Which itself isn't even mounted straight.

The routing is pretty crap also

Offline SpawnTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
  • ³²µ º'ºººº³²
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2013, 12:05:56 am »
Wtf is with the wire running under the current shunt?

Yeah I think person who put it together was confused and switched the holes of the wire and the shunt...   |O

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf