Author Topic: Fluke 8846A IEEE Error  (Read 284 times)

Offline Louis_CTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Virtual lobotomies are now REAL!
    • Hamvoip RF/IP UHF repeater system
Fluke 8846A IEEE Error
« on: May 03, 2024, 06:48:23 pm »
Does anyone know what could be causing this error to occur? Every time we connect this unit to IEEE, it causes this error and does not allow other devices to be detected on the IEEE chain. This screenshot is of NI IO Trace watching the unit as it goes through the INT when you open a Met Cal Runtime.  :wtf:
I reject your reality and insert my own hyper-dimensional space. Made with real artificial ingredients.

Offline alm

• Super Contributor
Re: Fluke 8846A IEEE Error
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2024, 10:04:35 am »
Have you tried sending *IDN? from NI MAX? Have you tried connecting it to a separate GPIB bus using for example a USB-GPIB adapter? Does it work via other interfaces than GPIB? I find it odd that the commands seem to fail immediately despite the timeout being set to 1s and even 10s.

Offline Louis_CTopic starter

• Contributor
  • Virtual lobotomies are now REAL!
    • Hamvoip RF/IP UHF repeater system
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2024, 06:59:53 pm »
When you send the INT to the 8846, it gives the proper string when queried. It's when you try and run ANY runtime procedure, it dumps the error code and the other devices in the IEEE chain stop as well. Procedure stops and throws an error. It does NOT go SRQ high though.
I reject your reality and insert my own hyper-dimensional space. Made with real artificial ingredients.

Offline m k

• Super Contributor
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2024, 07:29:08 pm »
Can you send other single respond commands?

Something where the machine has a bit more to do than just an ID.
Advance-Aneng-Appa-AVO-Beckman-Data Tech-Fluke-General Radio-H. W. Sullivan-Heathkit-HP-Kaise-Kyoritsu-Leeds & Northrup-Mastech-REO-Simpson-Sinclair-Tektronix-Tokyo Rikosha-Triplett-YFE
(plus lesser brands from the work shop of the world)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf