Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 40054 times)

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #450 on: November 13, 2020, 03:34:14 am »
I bought this "new" version from Amazon Germany, and received it today. After using it for the first time, and saving one image and one waveform, this obviously damaged the internal SD image... Now I only get a red "SD ERROR" when switching on the device...

That might be coincidence, not cause/effect.

Does anyone have a proper SD image for this device (FNRISI-1013D-II), that I can use to fix the device? Any help would be much appreciated!

Could be a bad SD card, not fixable. Or maybe it just needs pulling out and putting back in again.

« Last Edit: November 13, 2020, 03:35:51 am by Fungus »

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #451 on: November 13, 2020, 11:46:40 am »
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that this card
is only used to store images. If so, try to reformat it or try
with another card.

Offline LeisureSuitLarry

« Reply #452 on: December 13, 2020, 04:47:21 pm »
Would you mind dumping the winbond SPI flash and posting it here?
attached...

You'll need a CH341A (preferred)...
This is totally shit programmer...
I bought EZP2019+... Each reading get different result...
After that order SP16-B (www.sofi-tech.com) this one read stable.

Hi UniSoft,

I'd like to say thank you, since you made my day.

I got a new version of 1013D from Aliexpress (BNC inputs mechanically better protected and also power button is now more hidden), but the seller shipped a chinese version although an english version was advertised. So the device was pretty useless for me. On top of that, the seller wasn't really willing to fix his fault, so let's see what Aliexpress is finally suggesting.

In the mean time I spend some hours of investigating the hardware and tried reading out my W25Q16 with the chinese language user interface with a cheap CH431A programmer (and yes, it works perfectly, if you do it right!). Since it went well, I continued with flashing back your file, hoping that nothing else had been changed from the old to the new hardware version. At the end, I've now got a new version of 1013D with english user interface up and running. The only difference between the english and the chinese version is, that there is a welcome screen included with the chinese version, which pops up quite early after pushing the power button, whereas the english version remains dark for quite some time, which confused me the first time when powering up the device, but since I know it takes a bit longer to display anything, its ok.

I noticed some differences with respect to the new PCB: The solder pin for the RESET line of the F1C100s has been removed. The line needs to be pulled low now at the pull-up resistor. You can either solder a thin wire to the resistor or, as I did, use a pogo pin. Make sure you ground the side of the pull-up resistor, which faces the F1C100s.

The procedure to correctly readout the W25Q16 with a CH431A programmer is as follows:
  Pull down the RESET line of F1C100s
  Connect a suitable SOIC-8 test clip to the EEPROM and connect it with the programmer
  Power on the scope
  Read / Erase / Program the EEPROM

I added the chinese version to the attached ZIP file.

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2020, 06:10:17 pm »
Version I of this 'scope appears to use BNC connectors.

Version II appears to use some kind of recessed connector, possibly MCX jack (female).

Can anyone confirm ?

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »

Version II appears to use some kind of recessed connector, possibly MCX jack (female).

Can anyone confirm ?

Well, I finally found the "money shot" of the new version.  It appears that it still uses BNCs, but the connectors and the power switch are now recessed into the top of the device

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:18 pm »

Can anyone confirm ?

Well, I finally found the "money shot" of the new version.  It appears that it still uses BNCs, but the connectors and the power switch are now recessed into the top of the device

Official product page was updated in the last 2 weeks: http://www.fnirsi.cn/productinfo/556152.html

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »
I have several "10X" probes, impedance adapters and other accessories that are extremely difficult for my old arthritic fingers to insert and remove with recessed BNC connectors; and some that just plain don't fit. It's a deal breaker for me--not a "feature"...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #457 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:37 pm »

Can anyone confirm ?

Official product page was updated in the last 2 weeks: http://www.fnirsi.cn/productinfo/556152.html

Same description and specs as provided in the manual received with the "Yeapook" branded version I got in July (46.3 KB):

-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline Trader

• Regular Contributor

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2020, 08:27:58 pm »
The last sentences of the opinion I could underline it. 8)

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #460 on: December 29, 2020, 09:44:08 pm »
ADS1013D tablet oscilloscope Review

https://chinese-electronics-products-tested.blogspot.com/p/ads1013d-tablet-oscilloscope-tested.html

A resonably factual and accurate review. Using the "rule of thumb" BW = .35 / rise time (s) promoted by Fluke, Tek and others and applying the reviewer's observed 21.2 ns rise time:

BW = 0.35 / 21.2e-9 = 16.5 MHz

Pretty much in keeping with the reports I and others here have posted.

I agree that within it's limitations it is a useful tool. I use it frequently on automobiles, motorcycles, other contemporary engine control systems--even used it to troubleshoot the CAN bus on my daughter's Samsung washing machine (a glaring example of the absurd complexity incorporated into modern consumer products).

My wife and I pondered how it has been that we managed to live 70+ years without being able to control our washers and dryers remotely?

When I questioned FNIRSI about the grossly mis-stated specs I received this response:

Bottom-line: If you want a 100 MHZ scope you should by one from a maker that does not lie...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf