Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 410746 times)

facekim, Tehnik, engineer.r152 and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #450 on: November 13, 2020, 11:46:40 am »
I might be wrong, but I seem to remember that this card
is only used to store images. If so, try to reformat it or try
with another card.

Offline LeisureSuitLarry

« Reply #451 on: December 13, 2020, 04:47:21 pm »
Would you mind dumping the winbond SPI flash and posting it here?
attached...

You'll need a CH341A (preferred)...
This is totally shit programmer...
I bought EZP2019+... Each reading get different result...
After that order SP16-B (www.sofi-tech.com) this one read stable.

Hi UniSoft,

I'd like to say thank you, since you made my day.

I got a new version of 1013D from Aliexpress (BNC inputs mechanically better protected and also power button is now more hidden), but the seller shipped a chinese version although an english version was advertised. So the device was pretty useless for me. On top of that, the seller wasn't really willing to fix his fault, so let's see what Aliexpress is finally suggesting.

In the mean time I spend some hours of investigating the hardware and tried reading out my W25Q16 with the chinese language user interface with a cheap CH431A programmer (and yes, it works perfectly, if you do it right!). Since it went well, I continued with flashing back your file, hoping that nothing else had been changed from the old to the new hardware version. At the end, I've now got a new version of 1013D with english user interface up and running. The only difference between the english and the chinese version is, that there is a welcome screen included with the chinese version, which pops up quite early after pushing the power button, whereas the english version remains dark for quite some time, which confused me the first time when powering up the device, but since I know it takes a bit longer to display anything, its ok.

I noticed some differences with respect to the new PCB: The solder pin for the RESET line of the F1C100s has been removed. The line needs to be pulled low now at the pull-up resistor. You can either solder a thin wire to the resistor or, as I did, use a pogo pin. Make sure you ground the side of the pull-up resistor, which faces the F1C100s.

The procedure to correctly readout the W25Q16 with a CH431A programmer is as follows:
  Pull down the RESET line of F1C100s
  Connect a suitable SOIC-8 test clip to the EEPROM and connect it with the programmer
  Power on the scope
  Read / Erase / Program the EEPROM

I added the chinese version to the attached ZIP file.

Best regards and Merry Christmas!

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #452 on: December 29, 2020, 06:10:17 pm »
Version I of this 'scope appears to use BNC connectors.

Version II appears to use some kind of recessed connector, possibly MCX jack (female).

Can anyone confirm ?

Offline theoldwizard1

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #453 on: December 29, 2020, 06:50:03 pm »

Version II appears to use some kind of recessed connector, possibly MCX jack (female).

Can anyone confirm ?

Well, I finally found the "money shot" of the new version.  It appears that it still uses BNCs, but the connectors and the power switch are now recessed into the top of the device

Offline Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
« Reply #454 on: December 29, 2020, 07:00:18 pm »

Can anyone confirm ?

Well, I finally found the "money shot" of the new version.  It appears that it still uses BNCs, but the connectors and the power switch are now recessed into the top of the device

Official product page was updated in the last 2 weeks: http://www.fnirsi.cn/productinfo/556152.html

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #455 on: December 29, 2020, 07:03:35 pm »
I have several "10X" probes, impedance adapters and other accessories that are extremely difficult for my old arthritic fingers to insert and remove with recessed BNC connectors; and some that just plain don't fit. It's a deal breaker for me--not a "feature"...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #456 on: December 29, 2020, 07:36:37 pm »

Can anyone confirm ?

Official product page was updated in the last 2 weeks: http://www.fnirsi.cn/productinfo/556152.html

Same description and specs as provided in the manual received with the "Yeapook" branded version I got in July (46.3 KB):

-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline Trader

• Frequent Contributor
  • !

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online Martin72

• Super Contributor
  • Testfield Technician
« Reply #458 on: December 29, 2020, 08:27:58 pm »
The last sentences of the opinion I could underline it. 8)

The following users thanked this post: salvagedcircuitry

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #459 on: December 29, 2020, 09:44:08 pm »
ADS1013D tablet oscilloscope Review

https://chinese-electronics-products-tested.blogspot.com/p/ads1013d-tablet-oscilloscope-tested.html

A resonably factual and accurate review. Using the "rule of thumb" BW = .35 / rise time (s) promoted by Fluke, Tek and others and applying the reviewer's observed 21.2 ns rise time:

BW = 0.35 / 21.2e-9 = 16.5 MHz

Pretty much in keeping with the reports I and others here have posted.

I agree that within it's limitations it is a useful tool. I use it frequently on automobiles, motorcycles, other contemporary engine control systems--even used it to troubleshoot the CAN bus on my daughter's Samsung washing machine (a glaring example of the absurd complexity incorporated into modern consumer products).

My wife and I pondered how it has been that we managed to live 70+ years without being able to control our washers and dryers remotely?

When I questioned FNIRSI about the grossly mis-stated specs I received this response:

Bottom-line: If you want a 100 MHZ scope you should by one from a maker that does not lie...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

The following users thanked this post: edsjac

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #460 on: January 16, 2021, 06:30:58 pm »
Hi, I,ve just bougt 1013d from Chinese. I tried to test it. And suprise!!! 2nd chanel menu do not resonse. I cant change it on or off, cant change sensivity, change anything. Touch control of this chanel does not work. Everything except this is ok. Touch control of the osilloscope except the 2nd chanel menu works. Has anyone any idea what is going on?. I start thinking about reprograming it with the W25Q16 file. But maybe there is other solution?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2021, 06:35:31 pm by eljot »

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #461 on: January 16, 2021, 06:53:48 pm »
It sounds more like a hardware problem to me--open it up and make sure the ribbon cable from the display to the mainboard is clean, plugged in squarely, etc. Unfortunately it is we, the end users, that provide final QC on most of this inexpensive Chinese scheisse (I.e. "Cheap Chinese crap")...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #462 on: January 16, 2021, 08:26:41 pm »
Yep. Open it up and re-seat the wires.

If that fails, send it back.

« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 08:18:10 am by Fungus »

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #463 on: January 17, 2021, 11:55:39 am »
Well... of course I've open it and check all connections. Interesting is that the touch screen generaly works. Only on 2nd chanal menu does not.  react. I,ve reset F1C100 IC (pin 70 to ground). It resets all but 2nd ch. I've startet the dispute witch Chinese but I dont know the result. Seller gives me 15USD to repair it myself !!! Carazy !!!  |O Maybe it is hardware fault but where to look for it. I have no idea. Is that possible that software is broken? By the way... the osscilloscope is the new wersion and it has W25Q32 memory.
I know that this osscilloscope can be named a toy but I'am using an old analog one and it is my first digital. I did not want to spend much money before I would decide to buy something better  ^-^
Interesting was that when I fist entered the 2nd ch. menu I could not switch off the chanal but I coluld switch on the FFT option. Once it was set on I could change anything. Now everyting is set to on and can not be changed.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2021, 12:48:17 pm by eljot »

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #464 on: January 17, 2021, 02:01:30 pm »
Hello.
Can someone explain this phenomenon?

As shown in the attached image (5.jpg), a glitch occurs on the waveform at 25ns or 10ns / frequency 7 ~ 12Mhz related to the second channel.

Of course, like the (6.jpg) image, it looks fine at other timings or at higher frequencies.

After 1013d operation, wait 5 minutes and select autoset, it looks normal.
However, when the power is turned off and on, the glitch may appear again.

To solve this, I replaced OPAMP (opa356) and ADC (ad9288), but the result did not change.

Oh and I tried downloading the firmware again, but the result is the same.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #465 on: January 17, 2021, 07:28:52 pm »
Hi. About reading the memory. I've noticed that between old a new wersion of this oscilloscope there are some differences. The new one has CS pin of the memory connectet to the slot (also to F1C100 I think). The old one seemed to has this pin connected to Vcc permanently. Maybe because of this there is no connector for F1C100 reset... I think it is necessarily to find out the state of CS.

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #466 on: January 17, 2021, 07:53:19 pm »
Hello.
Can someone explain this phenomenon?

As shown in the attached image (5.jpg), a glitch occurs on the waveform at 25ns or 10ns / frequency 7 ~ 12Mhz related to the second channel.

Of course, like the (6.jpg) image, it looks fine at other timings or at higher frequencies.

After 1013d operation, wait 5 minutes and select autoset, it looks normal.
However, when the power is turned off and on, the glitch may appear again.

To solve this, I replaced OPAMP (opa356) and ADC (ad9288), but the result did not change.

Oh and I tried downloading the firmware again, but the result is the same.

Does anyone know how to fix it?

The glitch in the CH2 waveform looks to me as missing data in that channel's buffer being masked by the sin(x)/x interpolation algorithm
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

The following users thanked this post: pjw1234

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #467 on: January 18, 2021, 01:15:10 am »
Thank cliffyk .

I do it as a hobby, so I don't know the in-depth content.

In my 1013d case, the first channel is measured up to 82Mhz, and the second channel is only measured up to 70Mhz.

If so, it is assumed that the first channel is configured to use more resources than the second channel in terms of firmware.

Eventually I have to wait for the updated new firmware.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 01:20:37 am by pjw1234 »

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #468 on: January 18, 2021, 05:06:42 am »
Well... of course I've open it and check all connections. Interesting is that the touch screen generaly works. Only on 2nd chanal menu does not. 

The next thing would be to look for a badly soldered pin on the touch screen IC.

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #469 on: January 18, 2021, 05:08:50 am »
The glitch in the CH2 waveform looks to me as missing data in that channel's buffer being masked by the sin(x)/x interpolation algorithm

It should be OK at 10MHz. These things have been tested up to about 30Mhz with no problems.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #470 on: January 18, 2021, 01:03:52 pm »
I just bought one from Aliexpress for 100 euro. Unfortunately there is a problem with the touchscreen. Can't change the zoom of the first channel or select the trigger edge. Also the vertical cursor won't go higher than a certain point. So applied for a refund. For the rest it is nice since it works on a battery and is small, but not as small as a JYETech Wave2 . The performance is not super. The 30MHz I saw and read in the reviews are to high for mine. the -3dB point is at ~18MHz. Used a Tektronix AFG3102 signal generator for the test. At 1KHz I tweaked the sine signal to be 7 divisions tall on the scope. At ~ 18MHz the signal shrunk to only 5 divisions which is -3dB. (0.707 x 7 = ~5). For measuring simple signals it is ok, but if you need a bit more save up for a Rigol or Siglent. I just wanted something for measuring signals coming from STM32 MCU's generated by software that does not take up a lot of workbench space. And that it certainly doesn't.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #471 on: January 18, 2021, 01:58:19 pm »
Well... of course I've open it and check all connections. Interesting is that the touch screen generaly works. Only on 2nd chanal menu does not. 

The next thing would be to look for a badly soldered pin on the touch screen IC.

Do You think if there is something wrong witch touch screen, IC toch screen would generaly work but only one function could be fault? I think that even thou the touch is damaged after reseting F1C100 IC the 2nd chanel shold be reseted too. Is it at all possible that W25Q32 memory has a fault?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2021, 02:20:14 pm by eljot »

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #472 on: January 18, 2021, 03:31:51 pm »

It should be OK at 10MHz. These things have been tested up to about 30Mhz with no problems.

Not if the buffer memory also fails at 10 MHz--it would be interesting to see this same unit, same inputs in a raw data ("dot") non-interpolated display mode.

Can  the 1013 do this?  Mine is in my workshop in the barn right now and I'm too lazy to go look...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Online Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #473 on: January 18, 2021, 04:41:45 pm »
Not if the buffer memory also fails at 10 MHz

I don't think the frequency of the buffer memory is linked to the frequency of the input signal in any way.

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #474 on: January 18, 2021, 06:52:51 pm »
Not if the buffer memory also fails at 10 MHz

I don't think the frequency of the buffer memory is linked to the frequency of the input signal in any way.

Nor do I, that's why I found your above comment: "It should be OK at 10MHz. These things have been tested up to about 30Mhz with no problems." to be perplexing?
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf