Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 410511 times)

tokar, engineer.r152, Magua and 8 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #475 on: January 18, 2021, 08:47:12 pm »
Dears, has anyone dump W25Q32 memory of the new wersion 1013d (Englisch) ? I would like to compare it with mine. I can't still find what is wrong.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #476 on: January 19, 2021, 12:13:34 pm »
Nor do I, that's why I found your above comment: "It should be OK at 10MHz. These things have been tested up to about 30Mhz with no problems." to be perplexing?

The pics of the distortion here show distortion at 10MHz but not at 30Mhz.

I can't explain that (but we know this is a sick oscilloscope...)

Offline cliffyk

• Frequent Contributor
    • PaladinMicro
« Reply #477 on: January 20, 2021, 12:02:06 am »
Nor do I, that's why I found your above comment: "It should be OK at 10MHz. These things have been tested up to about 30Mhz with no problems." to be perplexing?

The pics of the distortion here show distortion at 10MHz but not at 30Mhz.

I can't explain that (but we know this is a sick oscilloscope...)

I had not fully followed the original posting and missedd the second 30 Mhz screenshot--74 w/ Parkinson's can really suck at times.

I also am at a loss to explain it, however I have a difficult time believing it to be a firmware issue--smells like hardware to me...
-cliff knight-

paladinmicro.com

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #478 on: January 20, 2021, 02:13:23 pm »
Hi, I still have problem with 2nd chanel menu. I would like to try to change the firmware of the W25Q32 memory. My content of the memory (W25Q32) differs from the one I've found in this forum (W25Q16). Can someone who has new wersion of 1013d attach a dump of this memory? Please. Here is my W25Q32.bin file.
There is no need to connect pin 70 to GND of 1C100 IC. In the new wersion of 1013d it is possible to connect CS to the programmer and it works.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2021, 02:23:08 pm by eljot »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #479 on: January 20, 2021, 04:59:51 pm »
I just ordered a CH341 programmer, so when it arrives I can try to get the firmware from mine. Have to open it up anyway to see what the problem with the touchscreen is. Waiting for aliexpress to come with a resolution for my dispute. Going for a full refund. They offered 15 bucks to get it repaired locally, but declined since there is no assurance it can be fixed.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #480 on: January 20, 2021, 05:28:38 pm »
I've asked for full refund. Seller want to give me also $15 but I rejected it. Aliexpres in dispute proposes half price without selling back or full refund if I send back oscilloscope but I must pay for sending back. I propably agree half refund hoping to repair it.
Maybe You will find the reason of the malunction of the 2nd chanel menu  ;D . My programmer came yesterday so now I can read and write the memory.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #481 on: January 20, 2021, 06:01:12 pm »
If they offer half price without sending it back I will also take it. Shipping it back from Europe will cost at least 30 euro so no gain there. Does your unit show other problems aside from the channel 2 menu? With mine the vertical cursors won't go above half way the auto set button. I made a movie showing most of my problems. It is on youtube: https://youtu.be/mUZGER70dGo

I read a post here about a capacitor across I2C clock and data line,  (from the 6th of September 2020) but looking at the picture it is connected to the screen touch connector. What I know of it (which is not to much at the moment) the touch is not I2C but an X and Y setup over the screen and the square wave signals mentioned could be scan signals. It is a kind of analog system if I'm right. Have to look into it as soon as the dispute is resolved and the programmer has arrived.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #482 on: January 20, 2021, 08:18:30 pm »
I watched Your movie. It seems that You have several problems with the touch screen. I have only with 2nd chanel menu. I try to test the oscilloscope beter but the line of FFT of the 2nd chanel is always on so part of the screen is busy.  Presently I know nothing about screen transmition protocol and I also have read something abot the capacitor but I am rather sceptical about it. I think the most important point is to consider if it is software or hardware problem.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #483 on: January 21, 2021, 08:55:57 am »
It certainly is a strange phenomenon, and what I see on mine I suspect it is the hardware. I will try to solve it, but in the case it is software it will be more difficult since that involves reverse engineering of both soft and hardware.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #484 on: January 21, 2021, 09:49:50 am »
It certainly is a strange phenomenon, and what I see on mine I suspect it is the hardware. I will try to solve it, but in the case it is software it will be more difficult since that involves reverse engineering of both soft and hardware.

It can't be software*. Other people have the same software as you.

(*) Unless your firmware is corrupted.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #485 on: January 21, 2021, 10:41:45 am »
When I'am talking about software I mean that it can be corrupted. It is obvious for me that others have the same software. However mine (W25Q32) differs from W25Q16 posted in this topic (not only because of the length ofcourse). My way of thinking is first to eliminate software corruption to be sure that it is hardware malfunction. But if it is hardware reason I have no idea where to look for (for now).

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #486 on: January 21, 2021, 11:28:37 am »
I looked into touchscreens a bit and found that there are screens with i2c communication. There are several controller chips that could be used in the screen. Also the type of capacitive touch can differ from screen to screen. So chances are it is in the screen that the problem lies. If so replacing it might be the only solution, but then it is the trick to find the correct match. I saw a screen on aliexpress for around 30 euro, so if they refund half what you paid for it you could try that road. The old screen can than still be used as a display without touch 8)

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #487 on: January 21, 2021, 01:09:50 pm »
Your problem with the touch screen seems to be a little different than mine. In Your case it does not react in many places. My problem is only in one function. Because of this I would like to know for sure if it is not because of corrupted software. I worry that we both will spend a lot of money for spare parts without certainty that we had found the reason of failure  :-DD.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #488 on: January 21, 2021, 01:25:37 pm »
That is why I will do extensive research and testing and probing before buying anything for it. For you it is wait until I receive my CH341 programmer and I can retrieve the firmware from mine :=\
My dispute ends late today after which aliexpress has to step in and come up with a resolution. When that is out of the way I will open up the device and start my investigation :palm:

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #489 on: January 21, 2021, 02:13:04 pm »
Your problem with the touch screen seems to be a little different than mine. In Your case it does not react in many places. My problem is only in one function. Because of this I would like to know for sure if it is not because of corrupted software.

Seems to me like you have one good device between you.

If you both get a refund you can combine the two broken ones into one good one.  :popcorn:

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #490 on: January 21, 2021, 05:15:58 pm »
That is why I will do extensive research and testing and probing before buying anything for it. For you it is wait until I receive my CH341 programmer and I can retrieve the firmware from mine :=\
My dispute ends late today after which aliexpress has to step in and come up with a resolution. When that is out of the way I will open up the device and start my investigation :palm:

I received my CH431 in two days (costs about 3EUR). Today I received information that my half price refund would be proceded by aliexpress. I hope it will last no long. In a fact I don't need very sophisticated oscilloscope but If I'll fail with repairing 1013d I'll consider to look for something reliable.

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #491 on: January 21, 2021, 09:52:49 pm »
If I'll fail with repairing 1013d I'll consider to look for something reliable.

A lot of people have bought them with no problems. This is just bad luck.

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #492 on: January 22, 2021, 03:57:05 am »

I learned a few more test results for my 1013d.

1. At frequencies above 30mhz, both channels
 It comes out normally. (Previous article)

2. If the frequency is lowered by about 10mhz, a glitch occurs in the second channel at the bottom. (bottom.jpg)

3. Drag the lower second channel on the screen and raise it to the center to change the shape of the glitch. (middle.jpg)

4. Drag the second channel and move it toward the top first channel to remove the glitch. (top.jpg)

5. Turn off the first channel and use only the second channel to avoid glitches. (single.jpg)

6. If noise is applied to the first channel and a square wave is applied to the second channel, it is affected by the noise, and the waveform with noise is also seen in the second channel. (noise.jpg).
When I connect another oscilloscope to the second channel, there is no noise.

From the above facts, I came to the conclusion that this is not something that can be fixed by replacing one or two parts.

My 1013d seems to be an early pcb type. I know that the most recent release is shieldboxed in the opamp area.

Facts like this make me sad. ~~~ :(

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #493 on: January 22, 2021, 09:24:34 am »
From the above facts, I came to the conclusion that this is not something that can be fixed by replacing one or two parts.

My 1013d seems to be an early pcb type. I know that the most recent release is shieldboxed in the opamp area.

Facts like this make me sad. ~~~ :(

It could easily be a bad solder joint on the PCB - an opamp with no GND or something like that. Go over everything with a soldering iron.

(also make sure there's no stray solder blobs or flux residue in the input area)
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 09:28:10 am by Fungus »

The following users thanked this post: pjw1234

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #494 on: January 22, 2021, 09:44:48 am »
If I'll fail with repairing 1013d I'll consider to look for something reliable.

I'm thinking the same, but something more reliable is more expensive :( So when I do decide to spend more it also needs to bring more, like 4 channels, but still with a small form factor.

I opened up mine today and found that it uses a GT911 capacitive touch controller. Since the display is glued to the glass panel it is hard to tell if the touch panel is separate from the display and if so if it can be changed easily.

One thing is sure the designer of this part of the device is a moron since putting a capacitor across sda and sck is idiotic. Only creates cross talk between the two lines. Don't think my problem can be solved by removing it though, since communication between the main CPU and the GT911 works. I'm able to control parts of the screen. Depending on the layout of the panel the problem lies either in the TX or the RX lines of the GT911.

For eljot it might be something else, but could be the same. If only a small part of the capacitive sensor is corrupt it could result in just a small square on the screen that does not respond.

Take a look at the GT911 datasheet for how thinks work. It works with an array of small capacitors with TX lines driving and RX lines receiving. When there is a change in capacitance in an area it will detect that and the host can poll the device to see if there is some touch on the screen. So if part of the array is defect it could explain the problem.

Loose capacitive touch panels are obtainable and not that expensive. 8 or 9 euro's. Finding the right one might be tricky since the sellers on aliexpress are not to forth coming with info on their product pages.

I ordered my CH341 from aliexpress so will take a couple of weeks to arrive :-\ So eljot hope you are patient :scared:

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #495 on: January 22, 2021, 10:04:40 am »
I conceived a test with an Arduino the see if it is the touch panel it self that gives the problem. Need to check the voltage levels in the device first to see if it is running on 3.3V.

Level converters might be needed and one of these is also needed: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/4000902737228.html?src=google&albch=shopping&acnt=248-630-5778&isdl=y&slnk=&plac=&mtctp=&albbt=Google_7_shopping&aff_platform=google&aff_short_key=UneMJZVf&&albagn=888888&isSmbAutoCall=false&needSmbHouyi=false&albcp=10191220514&albag=107473525128&trgt=743612850714&crea=fr4000902737228&netw=u&device=c&albpg=743612850714&albpd=fr4000902737228&gclid=Cj0KCQiAjKqABhDLARIsABbJrGl-0u0ETB6-mwfoK-29O56dhcee92wX7MQvD6llBxDYLSxhyvAGotoaAgbpEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

It is a 4 pin fpc connector. You can disconnect the cable of the touch panel from the 1013D and connect it to an Arduino via the level converters. Make a sketch with the GT911 lib and start moving over the panel. Check the output on the Arduino to see if you get all the coordinates you expect. This will give conclusive evidence of where the problem lies. Consider it part of the hobby :-DD

I'm going to order the fpc connector and do the test myself. It will take it's time though :=\

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #496 on: January 22, 2021, 11:22:08 am »
For eljot it might be something else, but could be the same. If only a small part of the capacitive sensor is corrupt it could result in just a small square on the screen that does not respond.
My way of thinking is like that: If a small part of the screen is corrupted it would not response at all at this certain place. But when the 2nd chanel menu does not exist (is not switched on) on the screen the area of the screen is responding ie. I can move coursors and etc. So it means (deduce) the tuch screen is ok. Might be that I'm wrong???  |O
I'will wait patiently for Your programmer  :) but tempts me do replace my W25Q32 memory file with the old one W25Q16. Interesting what will happen...
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:24:33 am by eljot »

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #497 on: January 22, 2021, 11:38:03 am »
Have a look at this. I have fond it at youtube.

What do You think about it? Someone has uprgaded the firmware and the screen has gone crazy  :palm:
« Last Edit: January 22, 2021, 11:52:18 am by eljot »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #498 on: January 22, 2021, 01:19:55 pm »
You are right about that if it is the touch it should not work for any thing in that region. With my device it is a small band across the whole display, but that being said the buttons run/stop and auto set work without problems and at least the auto set button is partially in the section that does not work.

So the test I wrote about is my best bet for investigating the problem.

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #499 on: January 22, 2021, 04:02:53 pm »

It could easily be a bad solder joint on the PCB - an opamp with no GND or something like that. Go over everything with a soldering iron.

(also make sure there's no stray solder blobs or flux residue in the input area)

Thank you for your answer.

I looked at the pcb a few times as per your comment, but found no cold solder or flux residue.

There is no glitch up to a 50ns time device. It is more difficult to understand because it only occurs at 25ns and 10ns (7MHz~14MHz frequency).

I carefully suspect that the relay is bad.

I really like the size and interface, but the glitch is the problem.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf