Author Topic: Hacking the HDO1k/HDO4k Rigol 12 bit scope  (Read 139912 times)

lgo51, EE-digger and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline dave2

Re: Hacking the HDO1k/HDO4k Rigol 12 bit scope
« Reply #725 on: April 23, 2024, 07:58:57 am »
Thank you for the quick reply! I have looked again at the instructions and am sure I have followed to the letter. I expected the code generator to parse the "key.data" file and that it would be in English.

I ran from a user account on W10 that may not have user privileges. So I retried from the start using the administrator account but still returns in Chinese. I continued with the go batch file anyway but it complains about the key.data file. I also added the path of the go.bin folder and android folder to the system environment in W10. Still no luck

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #726 on: April 23, 2024, 08:13:40 am »
The key.data file contains binary data. Never mind what it looks like when (mis-)interpreted as a text file.

Where (in which folder) did you place the key.data file, and how many bytes does it comprise?

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline dave2

« Reply #727 on: April 23, 2024, 05:59:10 pm »
Thank you for your reply. internet here has been minimal today, the phone company working on the cabinet.

Binary data makes sense of course, Chinese characters distracted me  normally see graphics characters. I am logged on as administrator. The location is C:program files/go/bin. I also tried C:/go/bin, to take it out of the protected windows folders incase it cant write the output file. The key file is 388 bytes long.
I am getting a different message now. I also changed the scope type in rgtool.go to DHO1074. I also tried adding a dot to make "rgtool.go."

CMD screen dump

C:\GO\bin>
C:\GO\bin>go run /rigol/data/Key.data
malformed import path "/rigol/data/Key.data": empty path element

Directory of C:\GO\bin

23/04/2024  13:53    <DIR>          .
23/04/2024  13:53    <DIR>          ..
29/03/2024  15:27        12,957,184 go.exe
29/03/2024  15:27         2,775,040 gofmt.exe
10/04/2024  21:41               388 Key.data
23/04/2024  13:51             4,311 rgtool.go..txt
               4 File(s)     15,736,923 bytes
               2 Dir(s)  339,143,364,608 bytes free

C:\GO\bin>

Online ebastler

• Super Contributor
« Reply #728 on: April 23, 2024, 06:14:25 pm »
Thanks for sharing the commands you tried and the output. Looks like you are trying to execute the key.data file as a Go program -- that can't work. Instead, you need to execute rgtool.go, that's the program.

First, rename "rgtool.go..txt" to "rgtool.go". (Your text editor probably added the unwanted .txt extension when you edited the file.) Then enter the command "go run rgtool.go".  Fingers crossed!

Edit: Just to make sure -- don't enter the quotation marks, of course. There is also no "." (period) at the end of the "rgtool.go" filename.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2024, 06:19:40 pm by ebastler »

The following users thanked this post: dave2

Offline dave2

« Reply #729 on: April 23, 2024, 07:56:05 pm »
Thank you very much.
I did notice that windows does not display the file extension in the folder, but viewing the file properties the .txt extension can be seen. I could not remove the extension as windows had associated the file with notepad. however I tried to remove it, windows kept putting it back. Nor could I find a way to remove the file association with notepad.

Finally while staring at the CMD window I remembered the dos rename command so entered "rename rgtool.go.txt rgtool.go"
and I successfully managed to generate the two keys. I am very grateful for your help, thank you.
I have installed the keys and now enjoy the extra memory and bandwidth.

The following users thanked this post: ebastler

Offline Cees

• Contributor
« Reply #730 on: Today at 10:30:05 am »
Whatsoever, the fan speed reduction definitely is an improvement, but to really silence the scope, my take is that the fans would need to be replaced.

Agreed ;)
I replaced the original Fans Protechnic MGA6012MR-O15 (60x15) with Noctua NF-A6x25 - they fit 1:1 without any problems.
I have also fitted silicone frames under the fans.
The airflow and temperatures are the same, but the noise level is pleasantly quiet now :)

Is  Noctua NF-A6x25 the real part number as I see only the  three and four wires versions

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf