Author Topic: Keithley 2000 with strange problems  (Read 159 times)

Offline RoebasTopic starter

Keithley 2000 with strange problems
« on: April 21, 2024, 12:56:07 pm »
Hello, I'm new here but I hope there is much knowledge present in this community that hopefully someone can help me. I bought a few weeks ago a Keithley 2000 but the first tests immediately showed that the meter was not working at all as it should. I got a lot of faults performing the self test. I decided to replace all electrolytic capacitors and yesterday I only had fault 401.2 left.
Today I tried again and now the meter passes the selftest completely without any fault.
But the meter is still not working correctly:
1)when I switch on the meter and put it in VAC mode the meter shows a value between 8V and sometimes 130V, even with the inputs shorted. Even if I connect then a AC source the actual value is not displayed. If I then put the meter in "auto" mode, I hear a clicking of a relay and suddenly the meter displays the correct value.
2)If I push the front/rear switch in VAC mode, the string "rear" is not displayed. In all other modes (VDC, Ohm, Frequency,...) it displays this string in the display. Although not displayed the string "rear" the meter is indeed displaying the value of the source connected to the rear side.

Does anyone have an idea what I could test to find the cause of this problem?
Your help would be much appreciated.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf