Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 410191 times)

Sleo, tokar and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #500 on: January 22, 2021, 07:09:36 pm »
You are right about that if it is the touch it should not work for any thing in that region. With my device it is a small band across the whole display, but that being said the buttons run/stop and auto set work without problems and at least the auto set button is partially in the section that does not work.

So the test I wrote about is my best bet for investigating the problem.

Well... I've just replaced my original W25Q32 with W25Q16 file. Unfortunately the 2nd chanel menu is still not working good. But... there is a little difference. Once I had switched some options on (ie. DC on or FFT on or sensivity to x1) it could not bo be changed - the same was with W25Q32 file - but now with W25Q16 file, after reseting the F1c100 IC (pin 70 to ground) everything is back to the initial state - otherwise than before. Before I could not be back to initial state. Maybe it is not a big thing but for me very puzzling...

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #501 on: January 23, 2021, 04:45:38 am »

6. If noise is applied to the first channel and a square wave is applied to the second channel, it is affected by the noise, and the waveform with noise is also seen in the second channel. (noise.jpg).
When I connect another oscilloscope to the second channel, there is no noise.

The question of the noise signal having an effect on the second channel has been solved.
The reason is that I wrapped the two probes together.
But still, the glitch question cannot be resolved.  :-\

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #502 on: January 24, 2021, 03:47:58 am »

6. If noise is applied to the first channel and a square wave is applied to the second channel, it is affected by the noise, and the waveform with noise is also seen in the second channel. (noise.jpg).
When I connect another oscilloscope to the second channel, there is no noise.

The question of the noise signal having an effect on the second channel has been solved.
The reason is that I wrapped the two probes together.
But still, the glitch question cannot be resolved.  :-\

Through several operational tests, I was able to eliminate glitches occurring in a specific time device (a specific frequency band).

Interestingly, I found this method to be removed as a simple operation method, not any hardware replacement or firmware modification.

This method is based on when I try to remove the 25ns glitch,
First, set it to 1us or larger and run autoset. Next, set it to 10ns and run autoset again.
After two or three repetitions, the 25ns glitch disappears and I can see a normal waveform. :phew:

Eventually, the standing waveform is output like the attached file.

Of course, I don't think this is the correct solution.

And it is very frustrating that the waveform does not get caught in one autoset. :-//
« Last Edit: January 24, 2021, 09:34:19 am by pjw1234 »

Offline dmitrkov

• Contributor
« Reply #503 on: February 07, 2021, 09:58:49 am »
Here is the dump of ST 25P16VP... (this is FPGA stream data and connected to dedicated FPGA pins)
I don't think that it is useful for anyone, just let it be for history...
I2C I guess for store settings.

The attached archive contains firmware for RD6006 :-//

Offline dmitrkov

• Contributor
« Reply #504 on: February 07, 2021, 10:22:35 am »
Dears, has anyone dump W25Q32 memory of the new wersion 1013d (Englisch) ? I would like to compare it with mine. I can't still find what is wrong.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-Riptwsak2iskvoKrSKJR8rpKr_g?e=m4eMUw

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #505 on: February 07, 2021, 12:23:26 pm »
Thanks. After I had "play" with flash memory I was able be to state touch screen damage. One tx chanel of the screen was grouded. I dont know if it is GT911 IC fault or connection tape fault. Now I am waiting for a new touch screen I hope it will fit.

Offline dmitrkov

• Contributor
« Reply #506 on: February 07, 2021, 01:22:07 pm »
Thanks. After I had "play" with flash memory I was able be to state touch screen damage. One tx chanel of the screen was grouded. I dont know if it is GT911 IC fault or connection tape fault. Now I am waiting for a new touch screen I hope it will fit.

Where did you buy the touch screen? I also have a problem - does not work on part of the screen. The flashing did not help

Offline pjw1234

• Contributor
« Reply #507 on: February 07, 2021, 01:32:41 pm »
Dears, has anyone dump W25Q32 memory of the new wersion 1013d (Englisch) ? I would like to compare it with mine. I can't still find what is wrong.
https://1drv.ms/u/s!Av-Riptwsak2iskvoKrSKJR8rpKr_g?e=m4eMUw

Reply #479 on: January 20, 2021, 02:13:23 pm <----- The firmware (4096kb size) attached
Reply #505 on: Today at 10:22:35 am <------ The firmware (4096kb size) attached 

The result of comparing the two files is the same as the attached file. The results are different.

Offline UniSoft

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #508 on: February 07, 2021, 02:45:36 pm »
The attached archive contains firmware for RD6006 :-//
It is a bug on this forum... it is sometimes replace the file content.
Filename is correct, but really downloading another file which was uploaded later in another thread (with different filename). :-//
If still need it is here:
https://mega.nz/file/MGY3FI5b#wURGvOJB9Zb6dqilI2w5TRbJWrP3fHHG5muqNXtb-r4

The following users thanked this post: dmitrkov

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #509 on: February 08, 2021, 10:05:12 am »

[/quote]
Where did you buy the touch screen? I also have a problem - does not work on part of the screen. The flashing did not help
[/quote]
I've ordered it on aliexpress ( https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33042057555.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.6af64c4dZopY9k ). Originally the touch screen is smaler than that I've ordered - looks rather like 6,2 inch screen not 7 inch screen. I dont know why because the LCD is 164*99 mm. I should receive the screen in about a week time, maybe more. I am curious if it will work properly. It is very hard to change the screen. It is glued to front glass. I've removed it with hot air. Ofcourse I,ve destroyed the original touch because it was very fragile. My steps with removing the screen: 1. take off the back cover of the LCD, 2. take off the content with LCD, 3. On the back of the front glass stays a frame, 4. The frame is glued to a touch screen with adhensive tape,  and the front glass is fixed to the housing with adhensive tape too - remoove both. 5. You will now have touch screen glued to the front glass. 6. Remove touch screen from front glass with hot air.

The following users thanked this post: dmitrkov

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #510 on: February 08, 2021, 11:51:20 am »

I did not receive my programmer nor the connector for the touch screen experiment yet, so not able to extract the firmware nor test the touch screen.

So eljot how did you found the problem? Where you able to measure on the lines coming from the GT911?

For me it is probably in the RX lines since it is a horizontal section instead of a vertical section on the screen.

Thanks for the instructions on how to get to the touch panel. I already noticed it was glued to the front and did not try to remove it because of that.

About the size of the panel you ordered, on the diagonal it is 7.5inches, so the visible part will be 7inch. Keep us updated if it actually fits and works.
« Last Edit: February 08, 2021, 12:02:50 pm by pcprogrammer »

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #511 on: February 08, 2021, 01:28:51 pm »
Well... in sequence. After I've changed the flash memory I noticed that the difference was the new one oscilloscope memory remembers last setings. The old one resets to factory setings. Thanks of that I was able to notice that one of the tx line did not work. Next I decided to find a new touch screen but before I had to identify connections of the screen (six line tape). During this I discoverd accidentally that one of the tx line was gronuded - I mean short circuit. I did not measure the signals.
I will let You know when I connect the new one touch screen.

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #512 on: February 10, 2021, 10:35:08 am »
Eljot, if you managed to get it out without damaging the front panel you are a better mechanic then I am. Tried your steps and got to the step of removal of the front panel, which is also glass, I unfortunately cracked  it. Also was not able to get the touch panel of the remainder. Went up to 280 degrees for the hot air but it still did not move. It ended up also broken. So now I have 25 euro hobby project. (Managed to get a 75% refund instead of the 50%, because I stated, hang on it will cost me at least 25 euros to return to get my money back, so that's not an option. And repair will cost time and money so I lowered to a 75% refund and Aliexpress accepted that)

Need to see if capacitive touch will work behind an acrylic screen, because making my own glass panel is beyond my skills.

So repairing is not as easy due to the way they constructed the device. Double sided sticky tape is a bitch (pardon the lingo) for repairs. To others, be also careful with the display itself. Once out of the metal case it is fragile.

Attached a picture of the broken panel

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #513 on: February 10, 2021, 11:21:26 am »
Had to resize the images to get them up here. They show the different parts of the scope.

First is with the pcb removed.
Second shows the pcb. :popcorn:
Third shows the battery in the back.
Fourth is the lcd panel without the metal bracket.
Fifth is the metal bracket left in the front part of the housing. I used the small screw drivers to pry the lcd panel from the bracket. Started at the top away from the cable.
And last is the reassembled lcd panel.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #514 on: February 10, 2021, 11:54:30 am »
About the touch panel I noticed that it does not use all the scan lines of the GT911.

On the side you can see it has only 10 of the 14 receive lines and on the bottom only 16 of the 26 transmit lines. So they do not use the full resolution of the GT911. Not sure if this is common for the 7inch touch panels one can buy on Aliexpress. Very curious to see if the one Eljot bought will work with the scope.

I'm going to try my luck with the 7 inch one from here: https://nl.aliexpress.com/item/33003864443.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68b84c4dkes3Il
It is 4 euros cheaper since for me it is free shipping and only 6,34 (at the moment)  compared to 8,25 and 1,79 shipping. I know the price and shipping can vary from country to country.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #515 on: February 10, 2021, 02:33:20 pm »
Pcprogrammer You are right that the touch screen is rather strange. It is smaller respectively to 7 inch LCD and the resolution seems to  be strange. I doubt it will be possible to find something like that on aliexpress. For me the price of the touch screen You've showed is almost the same. I am very curious if it will work properly. I am still waiting for the delivery. I can put on it (if it works) a pice of acrylic to check. I've removed the toch screen with hot air piece by piece but it turns out that I have luck not to destroy the front glass  :scared:.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2021, 02:37:00 pm by eljot »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #516 on: February 11, 2021, 07:25:32 am »
Hi Eljot, is your scope the new type, with the connectors recessed or the older one where the connectors stick out of the top. Mine is the newer one and the touch panel is 162mm x 96mm and 176mm diagonal in the see through area. This is about 7 inches.

So going on what you wrote, you basically broke the touch panel in bits of of the front glass panel. Then yes you are lucky not to have broken the front panel itself. Both are quite fragile. I cracked mine while trying to remove it from the plastic case. The touch panel it self did not crack at that time, but broke later when I tried to remove a broken bit of the front panel.

I think the best approach is to first remote the front panel from the plastic case using hot air (at about 150 ~ 160 degrees celcius) and a flat piece of metal. Warm up from the inside until a corner of the glass can be pushed up and the metal can be slit in between. Then while applying the hot air carefully move the piece of metal along the glass to get it out.

After that it might even be possible to do the same with the touch panel by using a very thin piece of metal (like what they use to gauge spark plugs) and using much hotter air. (~300 degrees celcius)

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #517 on: February 11, 2021, 11:35:44 am »
Hi, my scope is the new one with the connectors recessed . To push out the front glass I've used a thin sharp blade. Just for cut the adhensive tape. I cut it all around and then pushed the glass from plastic house. Removing the touch screen with the same blade (piece by piece) I used hot air about 400 deg. After all it was necessary to remove a glue. Also with hot air and sharp blade. In the end I washed the glass with solvent (acetone).
I worry the screen resolution is different.  I,am not an expert on digital technic so I cant forecast what will happen.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2021, 11:42:04 am by eljot »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #518 on: February 11, 2021, 06:07:16 pm »
We just have to wait and see what happens. A friend of mine suggested to contact FNISRI directly to see if they can supply the front and touch panel for repairs, so I went through their website for contact. As it is Chines new year at the moment it might take a while.

I tried with an other touch screen system I have here if it works through acrylic. It did through a thin sheet of plastic, but when I tried with thicker plastic it did not. Only had 2mm acrylic and that does not work either. So not to optimistic there.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #519 on: February 12, 2021, 09:34:45 am »
I wrote to fnirsi a few weeks ago... at the begining I noticed the problem. No answer.
I have a piece of 1mm acrylic. It is from a picture frame. I think it's not a problem for You to find something like this. I will let You know if it works.  I'm still waiting for the delivery of the screen...

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #520 on: February 12, 2021, 04:53:23 pm »
That's the Chinese for you. Sell you something and when there is trouble they are not there. Even though they more or less state on their site that service is a priority. My order of the touch screen has to be shipped yet, so will take quite some time. The programmer arrived today, so if you still need it I can extract the firmware.

With aliexpress patience is the key :=\ |O

Offline tunk

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #521 on: February 12, 2021, 05:02:45 pm »
Some experience with Fnirsi "support":
About a year ago a bought a Fnirsi DSO Pro.
It did not come with a manual, so I sent a
mail to them (2020-01-17). I got the reply
exactly one month later (saying contact the
seller). Admittedly, this was during the
Chinese new year celebrations.

Offline eljot

• Contributor
« Reply #522 on: February 13, 2021, 09:02:52 am »
Hi, now I do not need the content of the memory. I am sure that the broblem concers the touch screen. Thnk You  ^-^

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline hans1961

« Reply #523 on: February 16, 2021, 11:24:57 am »
Has anyone experience with the 1013D measuring voltages above 400 volts? With a 1: 100 probe head?
Is this possible with this oscilloscope? Does it have a default setting of 1:100?

Offline Fungus

• Super Contributor
« Reply #524 on: February 16, 2021, 11:55:31 am »
Has anyone experience with the 1013D measuring voltages above 400 volts? With a 1: 100 probe head?
Is this possible with this oscilloscope? Does it have a default setting of 1:100?

Electrically? It has to work, it's physics.

Does the 'scope have a "100x" setting? I don't know, but all the setting does is change the scale of the numbers on the screen. There is no electrical difference inside the 'scope when you switch 1x/10x/100x, it's all done inside the probe.

The following users thanked this post: cliffyk

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf