Author Topic: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope  (Read 389968 times)

stedivid, tokar, engineer.r152, Gennady111 and 12 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline saki68

Re: FNIRSI-1013D "100MHz" tablet oscilloscope
« Reply #1400 on: March 10, 2022, 07:40:25 am »
Congratulations pcprogrammer :clap:, with the latest firmware version the trigger function has been fixed, keep it up .
Move on  :-+

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1401 on: March 10, 2022, 11:32:52 am »
Hi RogueSS,

first of all welcome to the forum.

Came across this forum topic when I realized the FFT on this scope was rather lacking.

You are correct that the FFT on the original scope is crap. But having said that, it is not implemented in the new firmware. The menu option to enable it is there, but that is it.

So I thought that having access to the .CSV data would allow me to process it on a pc using a python script.
Unfortunately the scope does not give you access to .CSV data.

Correct there is no .csv data available, but there is access to the sample data. In the original firmware it can be found in the .wav files. Someone on this forum made some software to make use of the data. You have to search for it.

In the new firmware there is also the .wav file option, and that provides the full 3000 samples per channel the scope has to offer. I wrote about the format of this file somewhere in this thread :)
The source can be found in the repository and it is not that hard to find what you need in it. Lost of comments in the code.

So my first question I guess is the following: Is the plan to add this sort functionality(Access to .CSV file via usb) in the future?

I have no plans for it at the moment. Moved on to other projects to learn new stuff.

I will be honest in saying that I have not attempted load this new firmware yet. (Afraid I will brick/damage scope, Significant amount of justification was involved to justify this purchase to my better half  :scared: )

It is practically impossible to brick these scopes, apart from applying wrong voltages to it of course. Sure it is possible to corrupt the SD card, but that can be swapped easily when you have a screw driver :-DD

The procedure described in the repository has been used successfully by several members and is quite simple. All you need is a computer with linux.

Therefore I don't know what functionality have been added so far in terms of MATHS functions.
Will basic maths functions be added: -,+,/,x?

The new firmware basically has the same functionality as the original. Only the FFT is missing. The one extra thing in the new firmware is the ability to select the sample rate apart from the time per division. Read through the previous pages to see a summation of the improvements and problems encountered by other users.

Read the text files in the main folder of the repository that holds the firmware. They give more information about what to do and how things came together. Just follow the link below in my signature.

Offline Gustavo

• Contributor
« Reply #1402 on: March 10, 2022, 01:04:57 pm »
Good day PCP. I´m as lost as a horse in a balcony   |O, more clear, impossible. Is there a way on linux to check if in fact the SD sectors was written correctly?

What can I say?,just THANKS, THANKS. :clap:

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1403 on: March 10, 2022, 02:37:47 pm »
Well you can use dd to read the data from the SD card and write it to a file and then use diff or meld or even wxHexEditor to check if the data is what it should be.

To read the data back use something like "sudo dd if=/dev/sdb1 of=test_read.bin bs=1024 seek=8 count=270". Don't forget to use umount before using dd.

The file test_read.bin will be a bit larger than the firmware file which is ~268KB if I'm not mistaken, but that should not be a big problem in comparing the two files. Otherwise trim down the count or use bs=512 and double the count to get a more accurate result.

For the configuration file the count is 1.

Use google on how to use diff, meld or wxHexEditor on your raspberry pi.

Offline Gustavo

• Contributor
« Reply #1404 on: March 11, 2022, 10:16:20 pm »
Hello friends.
Dear PCP,a friend of mine, linux expert helped me to install the files in the sd. In my raspberry pi3 the SD must be mounted and no numbers after sda. Any way I modiffied the configuration file and the TP is normal, just to discover that the jitter is very pronuciated in y axis (amplitude), for sure a FPGA related issue. BTW your job is amazing.

A good cosmetic detail could be to invert the battery charging icon arrow, it glows to the right, to de discharge side when charger is connected.

With my problem for sure related to the FPGA I think I´m done unless you think diffent.

THANKS, again

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1405 on: March 12, 2022, 07:34:43 am »
I should have spotted the usage of the partition in your command |O That is indeed what is wrong. I added a warning in the readme file in the repository that all actions need to be done on the block device and not the partition.

At least one problem solved in your scope. Touch now working as normal. The jitter in the amplitude can have multiple causes. Hard to say without a look on what you are seeing. So if you want help with that make a video and post it on youtube. Post a link to it here.

For the cosmetic detail take a better look at the new one and read more of this thread. It has changed already from an arrow to a lightning bolt.

Offline DavidAlfa

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1406 on: March 12, 2022, 09:12:31 am »
Ahh nothing like checking the free support section in the morning :-DD
Hantek DSO2x1x            Drive        FAQ          DON'T BUY HANTEK! (Aka HALF-MADE)
Stm32 Soldering FW      Forum      Github      Donate

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1407 on: March 12, 2022, 12:55:12 pm »
Ahh nothing like checking the free support section in the morning :-DD

Gives a purpose in live 8)

Offline Gustavo

• Contributor
« Reply #1408 on: March 15, 2022, 02:23:42 pm »
Hi there everyone.

Dear PCP and general audience. This are the videos about the stock and V0.005 FW, for sure it is an issue that belongs only to my Oscilloscope, maybe you can give me clues about how to solve it because your FW is more than good!

Following are the two videos illustrating my problem, same frequency, same parameters.
Stock FW behavior
https://youtu.be/8X_vAiqH_Z0

V0.005 behavior
https://youtu.be/keY5LR544rk

Thanks so much for your time  :clap:

GUS

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1409 on: March 15, 2022, 04:11:25 pm »
Hi Gus,

how certain are you that the signal source is good? I ask this to make sure it is the scope that is at fault.

Both stock and new firmware show the instability in the time domain. It is very restless indeed. The stock firmware goes out of its way to filter the signal, and that is why the amplitude variation does not show there.

The new firmware does nothing filter wise, so it displays the signal as it comes in.

It could be caused by a grounding problem. I'm using a Tektronix signal generator, which does not have the terminals connected to the chassis ground, but when the scope is connected to the computer via USB it also shows this kind of behavior.

I will do some tests here.

Offline Gustavo

• Contributor
« Reply #1410 on: March 15, 2022, 04:29:21 pm »
Dear PCP.
The signal source comes from a cheap chinnese 60 Mhz generator but in all my scopes shows very stable and clean. I´ll do some tests with a 10X test lead to see if the amplitude continue being jumpy.

Same problem with a 10X lead. Even with its own 1Khz test port the Y instability is exactly the same.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1411 on: March 15, 2022, 04:48:49 pm »
My scope show similar behavior. See: https://youtu.be/obdTBKFggbY A bit more stable in the time domain but it also wobbles in the amplitude.

I think that it is a power supply issue. The battery charge indicator shows a similar wobble. The FPGA will draw more current during acquisition causing the voltage to vary a bit.

It is not for nothing that the stock firmware has a lot of code in there to make the signal look very clean. (But not to clean since they also put a little bit of noise in :-DD)

Offline Gustavo

• Contributor
« Reply #1412 on: March 16, 2022, 06:21:54 pm »
Hi.
If Fnirsi people insert code to smooth wave representation on scree, it means only one thing the scope has a terrible power supplies design.. Yesterday I measured the ripple on the negative supplies and it was near to 15%, crazzy!

Supplies and front end need a very good thick shield. Needless to say its a 150 scope, but any way it is very poor designed in every aspect. Your jos is incredible but tha lack of "smoothing" code just to protect a terrible power supply design, makes the scope unusable.

BTW the 1.2 Volts supply used by the FPGA is very stable, it comes from a linear regulator. Please tell me you have any good idea about hot to use your 0.005 and get an acceptable behavior.

THANKS and THANKS. GUS ^-^

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1413 on: March 16, 2022, 07:45:57 pm »
BTW the 1.2 Volts supply used by the FPGA is very stable, it comes from a linear regulator. Please tell me you have any good idea about hot to use your 0.005 and get an acceptable behavior.

All the main voltages are made with linear regulators. Only for the display boost converters are used. The negative voltage you write about is only used for the display. The problem lies in the fact that they did not use a separate regulator for the ADC's supply and the way they made the DC offset voltages. Also the PCB design could have been better with separate ground planes and ferrite filters for the different sections of the circuit. The whole design is flawed and cheap.

It might be improved upon with bigger capacitors near the ADC's. The signal looks stable right up to the ADC input, so the wobble is introduced in the conversion.

I'm not going to make improvements to the software. It was fun and I learned a lot from doing the reverse engineering, but it was also frustrating at times.

Offline Alex62

• Contributor
« Reply #1414 on: March 16, 2022, 09:37:30 pm »
Hello. It looks like the problem is in synchronization.
The video clearly shows how the signal behaves
at different trigger levels.
When synchronization is disrupted, the signal level is stable.
https://youtu.be/9kEPoelMRzo

The following users thanked this post: pcprogrammer

Offline Magua

« Reply #1415 on: April 04, 2022, 10:20:50 am »
Hi! It looks like the problem is not in synchronization
Signal Video -  https://youtube.com/shorts/Gvucdw35t20
Video without signal, measurements jump - https://youtube.com/shorts/S4TJK1DZlaw

Offline Felipe Lacerda

• Contributor
« Reply #1416 on: May 24, 2022, 02:37:05 am »

All the main voltages are made with linear regulators. Only for the display boost converters are used. The negative voltage you write about is only used for the display. The problem lies in the fact that they did not use a separate regulator for the ADC's supply and the way they made the DC offset voltages. Also the PCB design could have been better with separate ground planes and ferrite filters for the different sections of the circuit. The whole design is flawed and cheap.

It might be improved upon with bigger capacitors near the ADC's. The signal looks stable right up to the ADC input, so the wobble is introduced in the conversion.

I'm not going to make improvements to the software. It was fun and I learned a lot from doing the reverse engineering, but it was also frustrating at times.

You really are a warrior!
Have you tried attaching an external regulator to the ADC? Zoombie board?
Do you have any suggestions for the switching noise when reduce lcd brightness?

There is a difference in the firmware of the units shipped recently.
But it is not available, to upgrade you have to buy a new product. :--
« Last Edit: May 24, 2022, 02:42:59 am by Felipe Lacerda »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1417 on: May 24, 2022, 05:09:18 am »
Have you tried attaching an external regulator to the ADC? Zoombie board?

I did not try to make any hardware improvements. Only added the headers for connecting to the FLASH chips and made a connection for JTAG to the FPGA.

Do you have any suggestions for the switching noise when reduce lcd brightness?

The switching noise when LCD brightness is reduced is caused by the fact that the PWM used to control it has a frequency of ~800Hz. This signal turns the boost regulator on and off and due to the soft start function it has, the PWM frequency needs to be below 1KHz. Again a design mishap that could have been avoided by using another control mode given in the regulators datasheet.

There is a difference in the firmware of the units shipped recently.
But it is not available, to upgrade you have to buy a new product. :--

Would be interesting to see what they changed, but to buy a new unit for it :--

If anyone has a new unit they can try the firmware backup program I wrote to get a copy of the FLASH onto the SD card, and post it here.
The source code for it is here: https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack/tree/main/Test%20code/fnirsi_1013d_firmware_backup
The binary can be found in this thread: https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/fnirsi-1013d-100mhz-tablet-oscilloscope/msg3807689/#msg3807689

Edit: Some scopes have slower FLASH chips and need a lower SPI clock to work properly. Uploaded the binaries to the repository.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2022, 09:07:19 am by pcprogrammer »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1418 on: May 25, 2022, 09:04:06 am »
Github user notsolowki was kind enough to upload a backup of his new ADS1013D II and on a binary level I can see a lot of differences. Ghidra has to show if the code has changed much, because it might just be reordered or shifted code which leads to jumps having different values.

Found an interesting video on extending Ghidra with CMSIS SVD data.

It allows for mapping the peripherals to make the C code easier to read. Unfortunately there is no SVD file for the F1C100s, but I'm looking into making one.

At the moment testing this with the GD32E230 code from the 1014D. Copied the SVD file for the STM32F030, but they are not the same, so needs work to make the file match the GD32E230.

The video also learned me how to setup the memory map to overcome the mirroring of the FLASH.

Offline Felipe Lacerda

• Contributor
« Reply #1419 on: June 10, 2022, 05:43:55 pm »
Would be interesting to see what they changed, but to buy a new unit for it :--

If anyone has a new unit they can try the firmware backup program I wrote to get a copy of the FLASH onto the SD card, and post it here.

Through the support contact recently, and they send me this firmware file.  :box:
The attached file is exactly as I received it, for both display models.
Can you check if they are really different? I don't trust this company.
I hope it can help in some way.

regards.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2022, 06:45:48 pm by Felipe Lacerda »

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1420 on: June 10, 2022, 06:46:43 pm »
Through the support contact recently, and they sent me this firmware file.  :box:
The attached file is exactly as I received it, for both display models.
Can you check if they are really different? I don't trust this company.

I binary checked the files from the archive with each other and they show the expected differences for the two display types in the field.

Then I checked only the firmware part from the first file of the archive with the one someone on github gave me and these are the same.

There might be a problem with the touch panel though. The github user used my backup program which also saves the touch panel configuration, and that one is different from my original scope. When the firmware writes a new configuration to the touch panel, like we have seen with other versions of the firmware it will create problems.

Checking this with Ghidra is quite a bit of work, so a test of the new firmware on my older scope is probably the easier way to find out what it does. Will look into this later.

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1421 on: June 11, 2022, 11:38:22 am »
Looked at this "new" firmware on my old scope and it works without disrupting the touch panel, so no worries there.

Did not try it with signals, just tested the user interface and the USB mass storage. Have no idea what they changed. A quick scan did not show any differences, and it still hangs when coming back from USB connect.

Probably not worth updating to it.

Offline kerleada77

« Reply #1422 on: June 30, 2022, 01:33:07 pm »
Hello, a new version of the 1013d oscilloscope came to me.
But it does not turn on, dismantled the oscilloscope, the voltage on the batteries is 4v.
Does anyone have a schematic for it?
I will be very grateful for your help

Offline pcprogrammer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #1423 on: June 30, 2022, 03:09:50 pm »
Hello kerleada77,

welcome to the forum.

If you had searched this thread you would have found the link to where the schematics can be found.

All you need to work on the scope can be found here: https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack

Offline kerleada77

« Reply #1424 on: June 30, 2022, 06:39:11 pm »
Hello kerleada77,

welcome to the forum.

If you had searched this thread you would have found the link to where the schematics can be found.

All you need to work on the scope can be found here: https://github.com/pecostm32/FNIRSI-1013D-1014D-Hack
Thank you so much

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf