Author Topic: FY6800 Power supply  (Read 2601 times)

Offline Andbro

• Regular Contributor
FY6800 Power supply
« on: November 28, 2018, 07:43:36 pm »
Hi,

Does the FY6800 the power supply has been resolved? Or we must again think to replace the SMPS by linear power supply?

Thanks

Offline sambonator

• Regular Contributor
  • !
Re: FY6800 Power supply
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2019, 08:48:14 am »
I actually have the same question... hopefully someone knows!   :)

Online Kleinstein

• Super Contributor
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2019, 09:37:47 am »
Was there a real issue ? 

From as much as I read, some people complained about a measurable voltage close to halve the mains voltage relative to ground.
This is kind of normal for a non earthed SMPS powered instrument. It is kind of requited to have some Y-Class caps from the output (GND) to the RF ground which in this case is the average between neutral and live. So if the caps are OK and not too large, this should be no problem. All of the USB chargers (with a 2 pin plug)  should show the same behavior - if not they likely have EMI issues.

I would still prefer the instrument to have a 3 wire plug and use the ground pin for RF grounding.

Offline elettroluis

• Contributor
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2019, 03:53:01 pm »
My unit bought less than 6 months ago, on the boot screen says ver. 1.7.1

No voltage between the outputs and ground.

The following users thanked this post: sambonator

Offline rf-loop

• Super Contributor
  • Born with DLL21 in hand
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2019, 10:00:09 pm »
Was there a real issue ? 

Issue (one) is that it do not meet or is not tested if it meet "federal of EU" conformity with health, safety, EMC, and environmental protection etc  standards.  If it is, then it have passed independent accredited laboratory all tests and public final certificate about this. (and full inspection record) But what I have seen here and there I'm sure it do not pass as it is.

Of course it is possible that manufacturer or even seller in EU himself proof that it meets all standards but... who want be responsible in these cases if something bad happen. Always you see C E in outside EU manufactured items ask factory show documents about conformity. If there is not, then walk away.

But, selling from outside of EU to citizen peoples transfer all responsibility to the buyer for make more easy money and if something bad happen you never find this manufacturer or seller and even if find he do not need care anything and least he can not recover dead people back to life. It is just Lottery what time it happen and to whom with what ever badly designed and manufactured contraption.

And it is not only China car garage "factories". There is also lot of other countries, even inside EU what do not care so much about electric safety. If some even understand what it is, just happy rolling eyes "kids" telling that we have never heard any problem, yes dead do not talk. Years after years situation is only going to more and more bad.  We can go to nearly what ever store what sell "home things" and there is lot of electrics what really are totally crap or even worse  and unsafe and only can wonder how they all have C E sticker. Yes I know I can buy C E stickers, 1000 pcs and just with one coin.
If practice and theory is not equal it tells that used application of theory is wrong or the theory itself is wrong.
-
Harmony OS

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2019, 11:57:09 pm »
At the risk of mentioning the war. Feeltech now Feelelec seems to still be offering little to no backup still :horse: Same company, same non service to their customer base.

Some photos of the power supply here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/contests/feeltech-fy6800-signal-generator-free-trial/msg1722290/#msg1722290

On casual inspection the power supply looks very similar to the one used in the FY6600. Myself and others did some work on improving them early in the 6600 thread in or around this post https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/feeltech-fy6600-60mhz-2-ch-vco-function-arbitrary-waveform-signal-generator/msg1344167/#msg1344167

Mine arrived unearthed initially but after some mods I considered it 'adequately' safe for use on the bench and that it wasn't likely to fry anything including me  ::)

Would I buy or recommend someone else buy one  :-// Maybe is the answer, they still offer the best feature set for the $ by a very long way if it works.

« Last Edit: March 03, 2019, 12:00:33 am by beanflying »
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Online nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #6 on: March 03, 2019, 12:25:05 am »
Was there a real issue ? 

From as much as I read, some people complained about a measurable voltage close to halve the mains voltage relative to ground.
AFAIK the FY6800 is the model which doesn't have this grounding issue. The 3200 and 6600 however don't have a ground connection.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Online Electro Fan

• Super Contributor
« Reply #7 on: March 03, 2019, 01:54:18 am »

Would I buy or recommend someone else buy one  :-// Maybe is the answer, they still offer the best feature set for the $ by a very long way if it works.

Is the FeelTech FY6800 better than the JDS generators (JDS6600, JDS, 2600, JDS2800, JDS2900)?

Offline beanflying

• Super Contributor
  • Toys so very many Toys.
« Reply #8 on: March 03, 2019, 02:21:23 am »
Is the FeelTech FY6800 better than the JDS generators (JDS6600, JDS, 2600, JDS2800, JDS2900)?

Same Mother but a different company with a different set of Cheap Cheerful Chinese problems.

I am not aware of to many that own and have extensively used both so whatever opinion is uttered will be no more use than the Rigol/Siglent/Hantek/XYZ is best because I brought/sell it biased rubbish.
Coffee, Food, R/C and electronics nerd in no particular order. Also CNC wannabe, 3D printer and Laser Cutter Junkie and just don't mention my TEA addiction....

Offline sambonator

• Regular Contributor
  • !
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2019, 01:33:23 am »
Was there a real issue ? 

AFAIK the FY6800 is the model which doesn't have this grounding issue. The 3200 and 6600 however don't have a ground connection.

Thank you, I found a video which confirms the grounding problem is fixed in the FY6800.
https://youtu.be/5_iJEOffikA?t=1572

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf