Author Topic: Fy6800 vs Fy6900  (Read 54855 times)

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
Re: Fy6800 vs Fy6900
« Reply #125 on: July 20, 2019, 08:24:44 pm »
Every generator has an output attenuator , so the series resistance will cause errors if the load is not exactly as expected .

If you don't want errors, then do not connect load which impedance doesn't match with generator output. This is pretty easy to understand. This is why almost all high frequency signal generators have standard 50 Ohm output. For what reason you're mention output attenuator? It is not intended to make errors, it is intended to reduce signal level.

Guys, I understand, this is your business to sell these cheap devices, but don't present everything as if this device has no problems. Just ask your developers to fix issues. This is what buyers expecting from you. That's it. Thanks

Best regards

« Last Edit: July 20, 2019, 08:29:35 pm by radiolistener »

Offline Simon

• Global Moderator
  • Did that just blow up? No? might work after all !!
    • Simon's Electronics
« Reply #126 on: July 20, 2019, 08:35:37 pm »
Just calm down!

The following users thanked this post: Johnny B Good

Offline Johnny B Good

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #127 on: July 20, 2019, 09:02:55 pm »
radiolistener appears to have a very tenuous grasp of the subject. One give away being his error in referring to a 1Vpp in 50 ohms as 0dBm50 when in fact it's actually very close to +4dBm50. 0dBm50 is represented by a p-p voltage of 634mV (224mV rms).

This is LIE! I never referred 1 Vpp as 0 dBm. I referred 2 Vpp as 10 dBm. Also I indirectly mentioned 1 Vpp as 3.9 dBm.

So, YOU'RE LIAR!   >:(

Since you don't know exact dBm value for 1 Vpp at 50 Ohm, I can say: 1 Vpp = 3.9794 dBm at 50 Ohm

Also you're wrong, here is your mistake: 0 dBm is NOT 634 mV, actually it is 632.4555 mVpp or 316.2278 mVpk.

The 0dBm600 figure of rms voltage in common use within the audio industry is burned into my mind as 775mV, surprisingly close to a 2Vpp value at 2.191919 Vpp.

Here is also your mistake, 0 dBm at 600 Ohm load is not "2.191919 Vpp", actually it is 2.19089023002066 Vpp  :-//

My best guess from these clues, is that radiolistener is a shortwave listener with ambitions of becoming a licensed "Radioham"

here is again your mistake, I already have license and callsign for at least several years.

The suspicion that he's been experimenting at the bottom end of the 80 metre ham band leads me to put two and two together and get four (five, if they're large values of two). I may be well off the mark but that's my best guess for what it's worth.

This is again your mistake. Currently I'm experimenting with direct sampling SDR on FPGA which directly captures ether with 122.880 MHz ADC and performs digital down conversion. It allows to listen and transmit at any frequency from DC up to 61 MHz. Also I'm experimenting with 144 MHz band.

If you're thinking that you can hang noodles on my ears, you're also wrong. You can tell your tales that impedance doesn't matter for 60 MHz generator to someone other who don't know about it, but don't tell me that.

I just asked you if it's possible to fix this issue in the generator. I didn't asked you to explain if I need this or not. I already know what I need. And I expected simple answer from you, one of the following:
- "yes it is possible, here is how it can be done <...>"
- "no, it is not possible, but it will be available soon"

I already got your answer - "this is not possible". So, please stop lie and manipulating.

Best regards

Whoa there, Neddy!

That's a rather unwarranted overreaction if ever I saw one! I'll admit to mis-remembering the figures you'd actually used (even the best of us can fall foul of such errors and for that, you get an apology) but calling someone a liar straight off the bat without considering the possibility of a simple mistake is a rather undignified response to say the least.

Who knows? Perhaps I'd subconsciously wilfully mis-remembered those figures but I certainly hadn't intended to. I guess I just had to "lance this particular boil" and release the pent up venom that had obviously been building up.

I just hadn't expected this event to occur so soon. I'm sure you've left a lasting impression on the other members participating in this thread. Sadly for you, it's not one to be proud of.

JBG
John

Offline radiolistener

• Super Contributor
« Reply #128 on: July 20, 2019, 10:26:41 pm »
That's a rather unwarranted overreaction if ever I saw one! I'll admit to mis-remembering the figures you'd actually used (even the best of us can fall foul of such errors and for that, you get an apology) but calling someone a liar straight off the bat without considering the possibility of a simple mistake is a rather undignified response to say the least.

Who knows? Perhaps I'd subconsciously wilfully mis-remembered those figures but I certainly hadn't intended to. I guess I just had to "lance this particular boil" and release the pent up venom that had obviously been building up.

The reason why you're lying doesn't matter. You do that, you were caught lying and there is no reason to believe you anymore. As you know you have trust just once.

You're tried to change conversation subject from technical details to the discussion of personalities a lot of times in this topic. You know very well who are doing such tricks, they doing it because they are unable to argue in discussion and so they are switching to talking about personalities in order hide their fail. After all, I don't see the reason to continue this discussion. It looks like your sales method are completely failed. You're lost me as a buyer, I will not buy feeltech production after conversation with you, so good luck with other users.

The following users thanked this post: wolfy007, Johnny B Good

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf