Products > Test Equipment

GW Instek AFG-2225 vs Rigol DG4102

(1/3) > >>

mahwe:
http://www.batronix.com/versand/funktionsgeneratoren/Rigol-DG4102.html
http://www.datatec.de/GWinstek-Arb-Generator-AFG-2225.htm
http://www.gwinstek.com/en/product/productdetail.aspx?pid=5&mid=305&id=1286

Hi i need a new arbitrary waveform generator.
I would prefer an Agilent - 33512B but their is the price i dont like.
Is their anybody who tested oder use the AFG-2225.
I know Dave test with the rigol .
   thanking you in anticipation
Marc

jpb:
I'm in the same boat - looking to buy an arbitrary function generator, trying to decide between a new Rigol or similar or an old/used Agilent or Tabor or an ex-demo TTi TG5011.

I did look at the GW Instek models but the 300 series are very expensive and most of the 200 series are rather basic with low sampling rates.

The 225 is probably the best as it has 125MS/s sampling. BUT

it only has 4k points in arb and it is only 10bits.
Also flatness is 10% at 25MHz and distortion figures and accuracy aren't brilliant.

To be fair though, Rigol give their figures at 0dBm (0.6Vpp) whilst the GWInstek figures might be over the full range up to 10Vpp - the Rigol figures could be a lot worse over this range,
I just don't know.

This is the main problem I have, it is just so difficult to compare specs as most manufacturers give their specs under different conditions and for different ranges of frequency and at
different signal amplitudes - established suppliers tend to cover a reasonable range whilst the newer players (like Rigol) just give figures at the best point (only 0dBm when they are
not using the output amplifier at all).

The new Siglent 5000 series looks quite interesting so it might be worth hanging on to see what that turns out to be like in practice.

grego:
Instek is going to be sending me a demo unit to poke at so if you can wait a few weeks I can put together a video for you.

Please note that the 2225 is significantly less than the 4102 -- so a little "you get what you pay for" needs to be kept in mind.  They aren't apple-to-apple.

mahwe:
i think i can wait
thank you very much

ACvolts:

--- Quote from: grego on May 19, 2013, 12:43:06 pm ---Instek is going to be sending me a demo unit to poke at so if you can wait a few weeks I can put together a video for you.

Please note that the 2225 is significantly less than the 4102 -- so a little "you get what you pay for" needs to be kept in mind.  They aren't apple-to-apple.

--- End quote ---

Did you get the unit yet?  My problem with the AFG-2225 is the unknowns with the Arbitrary PC Software!
I really would like to have a DC waveform loadable from the PC software and allow me to increase/decrease
the Frequency.  But I'm still not sure.  This is what I got from Instek Support:
--Begin Quote--
Our AFG-2225, the DC in arbitrary mode is really not included, but you can
use the drawing line function of the arbitrary function.  You can set the
point and axis-Y value of start and stop. For example, setting the (1,512)
and (100,512) it becomes a DC wave.Hope this helps.
--End Quote--

So I am not sure if I can load a DC pc soft. waveform in the ARB section of the AFG-2225.
But the DG4000 series from Rigol does and a whole lot more for $300 bucks!
All I can say is:
Brother can you spare a Demo Unit for $100.00 bucks?  :palm: :o :'(

ACvolts

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version