Author Topic: GW INSTEK GDS-2000 Firmware source ??  (Read 1280 times)

Offline vinitoTopic starter

• Contributor
GW INSTEK GDS-2000 Firmware source ??
« on: November 07, 2017, 01:34:16 am »
Hi folks. Noob here.
I searched the forum for an hour and the only thing I could find were a few dead links, so please forgive if I'm screwing up by posting. But I hope someone can help.
I just picked up a GW INSTEK GDS-2072A scope which arrived today. Fiddling around with it has been promising and for what I can do with one I think it should be plenty good for me for a very long while.  Buying it seemed like a bit of a no-brainer since I found it new for just over $300 and I see today the same place has it priced for just over $500 - I think I got a little lucky. Yaaay.

I've scoured the INSTEK website and it has several applicable downloads (one of which enabled the DVM which was cool to figure out), but I've searched high and low there and can't find what I am looking for, which is namely:

What is the current firmware version number? And if mine is older, from where, oh where do I download the file to update it ? ???

Seems odd that finding even the most current firmware version number should be so difficult to find. Customer Support Fail !
Anyway, any help you better folks can offer is appreciated. Thanks.

edit to add: I did also send a request for this info to INSTEK via their website, but often companies either take forever or never respond. I don't know if INSTEK will be one way or another, but I thought I'd ask here to cover both bases and if anybody else needs this info they can find it here too.
« Last Edit: November 07, 2017, 01:46:33 am by vinito »

Offline vinitoTopic starter

• Contributor
Re: GW INSTEK GDS-2000 Firmware source ??
« Reply #1 on: November 07, 2017, 02:12:49 am »
I just knew that would happen. I figured out what I needed right after I posted that.
Just so anybody else might want or need to know, you just have to register a V.I.P. account at the INSTEK site (Member/VIP), login and then you have access to the firmware history and most current file to download - from the "downloads" area for your instrument.

Alrighty then.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf