Author Topic: GW Instek GPD-3303S channel 1 output voltage issues  (Read 1245 times)

Offline nikhiljiTopic starter

GW Instek GPD-3303S channel 1 output voltage issues
« on: September 05, 2022, 06:55:13 am »
Newbie here. Need some troubleshooting help. I have a GW Instek GPD-3303S that started giving me some trouble. when I press the output button for a preset voltage/current for channel 1, channel 1 goes to 0V, 0A. Any idea why this is happening? The other channel works just fine. I don't see the OV  LED coming on either.  I might be missing something very trivial, but appreciate any help with troubleshooting this. Thanks!

Offline electr_peter

• Supporter
Re: GW Instek GPD-3303S channel 1 output voltage issues
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2022, 08:44:11 pm »
What voltage and current setting is for channel 1? Does it go into CC (constant current) mode? If current is set to a low value, it is possible to have 0V 0A on display in CC mode.

Also, try measuring both output voltage and current on channel 1 with external multimeter. What values do you get?

« Reply #2 on: September 09, 2022, 05:29:34 am »
Thank you for your response. Turned out the fuse for the channel 1 was blown. These fuses are the axial leaded types so I didn’t behave them in my parts bin. Waiting for the fuse to arrive in the mail. Hopefully nothing else is blown that caused the fuse to blow in the first place.

« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2022, 05:38:37 am »
Fuse F101 keeps blowing. I posted the schematic below. I checked c101 electrolytic cap - seems to show the correct value on my MM.

" alt="" class="bbc_img" />

What else should I be checking? Any troubleshooting help is appreciated. Thanks!

Offline srb1954

• Super Contributor
  • Retired Electronics Design Engineer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2022, 06:04:46 am »
Fuse F101 keeps blowing. I posted the schematic below. I checked c101 electrolytic cap - seems to show the correct value on my MM.

(Attachment Link) " alt="" class="bbc_img" />

What else should I be checking? Any troubleshooting help is appreciated. Thanks!

Have you checked that none of the diodes in the bridge rectifier are shorted?

Offline nctnico

• Super Contributor
    • NCT Developments
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2022, 05:19:08 pm »
The bridge rectifier is the first suspect. It is not uncommon for these to fail.
There are small lies, big lies and then there is what is on the screen of your oscilloscope.

Offline uoemx

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2022, 06:16:56 am »
Hi! Can you read the firmware your power supply sent me? I messed up my Gwinstek GPD-3303S power supply firmware. Now it doesn't have a bootloader so I can't update the firmware. The situation is that after calibrating the power supply, the voltage displayed is correct, but the current jumps around, and before when the bootloader was still usable, the power supply was ok.
Here is the firmware I read from my power supply via SPI protocol with the Xgecu T48 loader and the firmware that does not contain the bootloader I obtained from gwinstek
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/fait4ybtpixpi/Gwinstel_GPD-3303S
Thanks so much!!

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf