Author Topic: [Solved] Hack does not work on versions 00.04.04.sp1 [Solved]  (Read 5835 times)

Offline ArkSmTopic starter

[Solved] Hack does not work on versions 00.04.04.sp1 [Solved]
« on: December 24, 2016, 08:09:32 pm »
Hello.
I bought this week Rigol DS1054Z. when you try to hack it get the message "invalid license".
I used http://gotroot.ca/rigol/riglol-103d/
Is it possible to hack it.
Thank you.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2016, 05:24:00 pm by ArkSm »

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
Re: Hack does not work on versions 00.04.04.sp1
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2016, 08:12:09 pm »
Sometimes it is necessary to try get a code 2 or 3 times. Mine did not work the first time neither.

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2016, 08:17:10 pm »
Explain please how can generit different codes.

Offline Lightages

• Supporter
  • Canadian po
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2016, 08:23:38 pm »
Just refresh the page and try again.

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2016, 08:30:53 pm »
Every time you reload the page generated by the same code. Maybe we should change Privatekey?

« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2016, 09:39:20 pm »
When I refresh the page code is not changed. I tried a different browser, it is this same code.

Offline Heszu

• Contributor
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2016, 09:42:13 pm »
Every time you reload the page generated by the same code. Maybe we should change Privatekey?

!!!!!!! NEVER !!! ever, change privatkey... Do Not Touch!!!

Offline Heszu

• Contributor
« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2016, 09:48:19 pm »
Take it easy with trying too many times, You might end up with a 12hrs locked scope !! Meaning You have to leave it powered up for twelve hours, before next attempt to unlock options.

-Please do Read instructions how to perform the unlock.. On this Forum You'll find very good and informative HowTo!!

One need to follow instructions exactly...

WBR
Hz

By the way.. Here is a Christmas gift, looked up right page for You:  https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/ds1000z-serie-unlocking/msg954654/#msg954654
Read the first post #158

HowHowHoo Merry Christmas !
« Last Edit: December 24, 2016, 10:14:20 pm by Heszu »

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
« Reply #8 on: December 25, 2016, 08:56:21 am »
When I refresh the page code is not changed. I tried a different browser, it is this same code.

Thats seen before - I can't explain why.. Try post your serialnumber here.

Have a look a this thread; https://www.eevblog.com/forum/testgear/rigol-ds1054z-installed-options/

Offline Heszu

• Contributor
« Reply #9 on: December 25, 2016, 12:18:37 pm »
would not recommend posting serial number in open... or ,as You are on it, post your social security and visa number and codes as well.. and key code to your appartment... much appreciated  ::)

« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2016, 12:50:49 pm »
Thanks to all who responded. I have everything turned out, I am very happy. My mistake was that I did not erase the points that were in the input field of the serial number generator and gave an incorrect code. When I erased all extra point in the input field of the serial number I changed the generated code, I introduced it and it worked. People do not repeat my mistake !!! Thank you. Topic can be closed.

Offline rstofer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #11 on: December 25, 2016, 03:27:45 pm »
Thanks to all who responded. I have everything turned out, I am very happy. My mistake was that I did not erase the points that were in the input field of the serial number generator and gave an incorrect code. When I erased all extra point in the input field of the serial number I changed the generated code, I introduced it and it worked. People do not repeat my mistake !!! Thank you. Topic can be closed.

If possible, put "[Solved]" in the title of your thread.  We do NOT want people thinking that the unlock doesn't work.

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: December 25, 2016, 04:04:26 pm »
would not recommend posting serial number in open... or ,as You are on it, post your social security and visa number and codes as well.. and key code to your appartment... much appreciated  ::)

So what are we going to do with a scope's serial number? Take it over across the internet and use it to control your projects?

Here, have mine: DS1ZA163855684

I look forward to seeing what damage you can do with that..

Offline Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
Re: [Solved] Hack does not work on versions 00.04.04.sp1 [Solved]
« Reply #13 on: December 25, 2016, 09:09:38 pm »
Hi,
Two reasons come to my mind,  why I wouldn't reveal the serial off my devices,  especially on a thread discussing how to hack it, too unlock features:

1) in case of a fault, the manufacturer could refuse warranty,  based on the hack,  which would be easy to prove had been done
2) if reselling the device,  as a purchaser I wouldn't want a device that not only has been hacked,  but had the hack announced to the whole world

Regards,
Vitor

Offline Monkeh

• Super Contributor
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2016, 09:13:46 pm »
1) in case of a fault, the manufacturer could refuse warranty,  based on the hack,  which would be easy to prove had been done

Rigol don't really care (if they cared, they could check if the unlock was legit anyway). Plus, in realistic countries, you can't deny hardware warranty for unlocking normal software functions via normal methods, no matter how the code was obtained.

2) if reselling the device,  as a purchaser I wouldn't want a device that not only has been hacked,  but had the hack announced to the whole world

It's a cheap scope everyone buys because it can be 'hacked'. Nobody cares, it saves the buyer doing precisely what they were going to do ten minutes after getting it. There are even people on this forum who sell devices (these and more expensive ones!) already 'hacked'. People seem to like this.

Offline Bicurico

• Super Contributor
    • VMA's Satellite Blog
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2016, 09:20:19 pm »
I was speaking in general about all my devices,  not just or specifically regarding the Rigol.
While I fully respect your argument,  mine and probably Heszus arguments come from a culture where privacy is highly regarded, for different reasons,  but some as a consequence of former totalitarian regimes.
Ask any German and they will have a much different attitude about privacy than other regions in the world.
Anyway,  I was just thinking out loud and I don't want to drift away from the topic.

Regards,
Vitor

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2016, 09:09:50 am »

So what are we going to do with a scope's serial number? Take it over across the internet and use it to control your projects?

Here, have mine: DS1ZA163855684

I look forward to seeing what damage you can do with that..

I agree.
There's really nothing interesting in a cheap ass scope's serial number.

It's like 50% of all cars for sale here in DK, have blurred the license plates on pictures.. But why? Make it easy for all, and let people look up MOT's, taxes, etc.
When driving around the license plate is visible anyway, for all to see  |O

Offline cs.dk

• Supporter
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2016, 09:11:13 am »

So when you buy a used multimeter, scope, etc. You ask for the serial number, and google to see if it has been "abused"? ??? ::)

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf