Update: TLDR: Still works great
I exactly followed the steps as written by ozkarad in Reply #1220 on page 49, with the following differences:
- His step 3: Changed "<upgrade_static_id>11411</upgrade_static_id>" to "<upgrade_static_id>114
10</upgrade_static_id>" as outlined in the comments afterwards
- donwloaded the
https://int.siglent.com/upload_file/zip/firmware/Spectrum_analyzer/SVA1000X_V3.2.2.6.2R5_EN.zip]newest SVA1000X firmware[/url], clicking on the link should start the roughly 27MB download.
I didn't continue after step 4 from the
original message yet.
All options under System Info are still Permanent, but DTP is not activated yet (I don't think I will ever needed, heck I have issues finding out where to learn how to use this thing as an LCR meter lol)
I can confirm that the device still identifies as a SSA3032X Plus, although VNA (and DTF but greyed out) appear when pressing mode.
If you cannot navigate through cmd like me, use Chatgpt, it is super kind and helpful at guiding you though all steps (just copy the original message into chatgpt, for example after this basic prompt: please help me through this sparsely documented tutorial).
PS: I noticed that after my initial mod to a 3032X, somehow my LAN COnfig was reset to 0.0.0.0. If that also happens to you AND you connected your SSA directly to your PC through a LAN cable, follow these steps. On windows, open your control panel and navigate to your LAN network properties, then note your IP address and Subnet mask. Then,
1. Set a Static IP Configuration on your SSA:
Use a Static IP if you are directly connecting the SA to your PC via a LAN cable.
Assign an IP address that is compatible with your PC's LAN network.
2. How to Choose IP Settings:
IP Address: Pick an unused IP in the same subnet as your PC. For example:
PC IP: 192.168.1.1
SA IP: 192.168.1.2
Subnet Mask: Use 255.255.255.0 (a common default).
Default Gateway: Set this to your PC's IP (192.168.1.1 in the example above).
Hope this helps. Again, just ask chatgpt or similar.