Author Topic: Hack of Sigllent spectrum analyzer ssa3021X?  (Read 206801 times)

Specm96 and 4 Guests are viewing this topic.

Offline sjb

• Contributor
Re: Hack of Sigllent spectrum analyzer ssa3021X?
« Reply #800 on: January 11, 2020, 11:19:00 am »
Hi All,

I have a SSA3021X which has been upgraded to v1.2.9.3a. I have created a USB and put a copy of ecomb from v1.2.8.1, basline nsp_data_b, a NSP_system_info.xml (with my serial and the license options set) and a copy of telnet_11202.ADS.

Do the 'upgrade' trick with telnet_11202.ADS and I can telnet in (port 23) no problem.

I then go through the Oct 4th post of 'myexige' ...

mount -o remount, rw /
cd /usr/bin/siglent
killall ecomb
cp /usr/bin/siglent/usr/mass_storage/U-disk0/ecomb8 ecomb8
mount -o remount,rw /dev/ubi2_0 /usr/bin/siglent/firmdata0
cd firmdata0
cp /usr/bin/siglent/usr/mass_storage/U-disk0/NSP_system_info.xml NSP_system_info.xml
cp /usr/bin/siglent/usr/mass_storage/U-disk0/nsp_data_b nsp_data_b
cd ..
./ecomb8

... and when I run ecomb8, all I get is ...

WARNING: Logging before InitGoogleLogging() is written to STDERR
E0111 10:41:10.170817   933 hw_access.cpp:86] >>>>>CHWAccess::spi2open failed!
E0111 10:41:10.179559   933 hw_access.cpp:109] >>>>>CHWAccess::gpmc open failed!
check_and_upgrade:starting...
mount_fs: rw,ubi1_0,/usr/bin/siglent/usr
ubi1_0attached
MOUNT_DIR_NAME = /usr/bin/siglent/usr
TEST_RESTURN =
is_fs_mounted 0 ---

At which point the Telnet session becomes unresponsive and nothing else happens!

So, my question is ... are the hw_access.cpp failures normal? Why does TEST_RESTURN = is_fs_mounted 0 --- ??

Is there some thing that I've missed (something else that needs mounting??) or extra that needs doing? does something else need killing? do I need to issue a sync?

If I unplug the USB stick and reboot the SSA runs as it used to (same Model, same Options status, serial number still ok)!

TIA, Simon.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 12:54:46 pm by sjb »

Offline fact

• Contributor
« Reply #801 on: January 11, 2020, 01:29:15 pm »
@sjb:
Make sure to use the nsp_data_b file from message 748 (october 12).

Offline sjb

• Contributor
« Reply #802 on: January 11, 2020, 02:13:00 pm »
@fact, yep I'm already using that.

I went back in an renamed (appended the x) the files in /firmdata0 and /backup (to move them out the way in case they were posing a write issue) before adding the baseline nsp_data_b (from #748) and NSP_system_info.xml (with my serial number in it, from post #737) and I got the same results with respect to ./ecomb8. Also tried a 'sync' before running ecomb8 to ensure that the changes had been committed from cache to to disc.

However, I now have a SSA3032X (All Option) with XXXXXXX as the serial number, so the regen of the license files did not happen, but it does seem to have opened up the SSA!

Still would like to figure out what is wrong with regen of the license files and why ecomb8 hangs! Maybe @tv84 or @myexige might have some thoughts on it.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 02:15:35 pm by sjb »

Offline tv84

• Super Contributor
« Reply #803 on: January 11, 2020, 02:27:19 pm »
Still would like to figure out what is wrong with regen of the license files and why ecomb8 hangs!

Read this carefully and execute.

Offline sjb

• Contributor
« Reply #804 on: January 11, 2020, 02:47:10 pm »
Thanks @tv84.

If you're refering to ... "So my solution was to restore telnetd by not using ADS, but by creating sym link S15telnetd in /etc/rc5.d pointing to /etc/init.d/telnetd. Then using telnetd startd by /sbin/init, myexig’s script works perfect!!"...

So, how do you go about this 'link' in novice (to linux) terms. i.e. is it a script, file, or what? Sorry, it may seem quite straight forward to you guys, but I'm only used to Windows OS and embedded RTOS systems (not linux), so please be gentle!

TIA.

Offline grizewald

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #805 on: January 11, 2020, 03:47:23 pm »
Thanks @tv84.

If you're refering to ... "So my solution was to restore telnetd by not using ADS, but by creating sym link S15telnetd in /etc/rc5.d pointing to /etc/init.d/telnetd. Then using telnetd startd by /sbin/init, myexig’s script works perfect!!"...

So, how do you go about this 'link' in novice (to linux) terms. i.e. is it a script, file, or what? Sorry, it may seem quite straight forward to you guys, but I'm only used to Windows OS and embedded RTOS systems (not linux), so please be gentle!

TIA.

ln -s /directory/sourcefile /directory/linkname
  Lord of Sealand

Offline sjb

• Contributor
« Reply #806 on: January 11, 2020, 04:20:51 pm »
Thanks all,

logged in using telnet from the telnet_11201.ADS (upgrade) and then ran ...

mount -o remount, rw /
cd /etc/rc5.d
ls -al
ln -s ../init.d/telnetd S15telnetd
sync

Rebooted the SSA and logged in using the builtin telnet (still there from earlier firmware version), then did the license gen process again using ecomb8 ... and BINGO!  :-+

SSA3032X, All option permanent, with my serial number on the System Info page.

Thanks all  :) ...

« Last Edit: January 11, 2020, 04:29:16 pm by sjb »

The following users thanked this post: grizewald, myexige

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf