Products > Test Equipment

Hacking the OWON SDS7102 to SDS8102 or better

(1/1)

sbeukers:
Hi all,

I was just poking around in the firmware of the owon SDS7102 and i found something interesting.

First manualy unpack the file by opening it with 7-zip (winrar etc doesn't work)
Then go to the following directory

....\$_OUTDIR\SDS7102

you will find 5 file in there
OS_H2
OS_H4
OS_H5
OS_H6
OS_H8

Open those files with 7-zip and find

help
me
os
readme.txt

In readme.txt there is a line that says help=xxxx serial number i guess.

The files in the folder \SDS8102 and others are just slightly different.

Well I thought that maybe... just maybe we can take the firmware from the \SDS8102\OS_Hx and modify the readme.txt then put it in \SDS7102\ and pack it back to OS_Hx

Is there a chance that the number after OS_H? stands for a certain hardware revision.
Anyone brave enough to try this?

grt Sjoerd

rf-loop:
No way!

HW is really different.

SDS7102 use ADC08D500 clone

SDS8102 and 8202 use ADC08D1000 clone made by RuiFeng. (propably same as Rigol DS2000 serie.)[/b]

Also new SDS7102 versions have (typical) BW -3dB point between 170-220MHz depending of voltage range if you have seen tests. It is more than enough for realtime 1GSa/2x500MSa/s scope.

Then also 7102 have full speed memory up to 2x10Mpoints. With one channel it can capture 1GSa/s to 10M sampling buffer. And with 2 channel in use it can 2 x 500MSa/s to both channels own 10Mpoints memory.
If go to 8xxx models all memory over 10k is same speed as in 7102. 8xxx do not give anything more.

sbeukers:
How do you know that the hardware is really different?

I really doubt that.

The Rigols were the same, why not the Owons?

*edit* I am really happy with the bandwidth of my scope but hacking stuff is always fun.

Matje:

--- Quote from: sbeukers on January 22, 2013, 10:26:55 pm ---How do you know that the hardware is really different?

I really doubt that.

--- End quote ---

Judging from his signature I would guess he sells this stuff. ;-)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

There was an error while thanking
Thanking...
Go to full version