Author Topic: Are people interested in new front labels for BW upgraded TEK. TDS3000 scopes?  (Read 262 times)

Offline benj38Topic starter

• Regular Contributor
I guess that quite a few forum members have upgraded the bandwidth of their Tektronix TDS3000 series scopes. As a result, the front-panel label no longer indicates the true identity of the upgraded scope. For example, it may say TDS3032 300MHz 2.5GS/s, when in reality the scope is now a TDS3052 500MHZ 5GS/s unit.

I was thinking that it would be nice to have new front-panel labels manufactured that would be as close as possible to the original labels that were fitted to the higher BW models.
Note that replacing the label is mainly for aesthetic reasons, as the serial-number label on the back would still indicate the old identity of the scope.

Unfortunately, the original labels are silk-screen printed in 4 spot colors on 10mil Lexan, and are quite expensive to manufacture in small quantities. However, if we spread the cost it may be worth the effort.

It looks like if 20 people are interested, each one can get 4 (not necessarily identical) labels from TDS3052, TDS3052B, TDS3054, or TDS3064B, for about $15 per person.  If more people are interested, we can even get it down to $10 per person with first-class mail shipping included in the US.
I can also enlist the help of a friend in Europe for the benefit of our EU friends.

If there is interest, I can handle the whole process, and mail the labels around.

I do not know if this post is in the right place or not, and what is the correct way to gather the list of interested people, so please let me know what is the accepted way to do this.
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 09:14:03 pm by benj38 »

The following users thanked this post: tonykara

Offline tonykara

• Contributor
Yes!!!!! I replied to you over on the tek forum, but I wanted to reach out to you here as well.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf