Author Topic: New 12bit 500MHz Micsig scope WITH knobs [Mic-OPI] MHO5004-12bit / MDO5004-8bit  (Read 9624 times)

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

Unfortunately, I can't send the files from a plugged-in USB drive to the PC via FTP using the ES Explorer.

I recorded a video that has a resolution of 1920 x 1200. 94 seconds take up 66 MB.

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: March 14, 2024, 05:00:10 am by egonotto »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw, Antonio90

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

the probes each have a unique serial number.
But the Passive Probe Compensation is not so stable.

Best regards
egonotto

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

if oscillographs were women, the MHO3 would have to be called Jolene and all other oscillographs could then credibly sing Jolene :)

Best regards
egonotto

Offline DaneLawTopic starter

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

if oscillographs were women, the MHO3 would have to be called Jolene and all other oscillographs could then credibly sing Jolene :)

Best regards
egonotto
I could imagine it's quite a looker with that 14" 1200p 16:10 screen, and just 3½ cm thinness.. Jolene' the mistress  >:D https://youtu.be/L0eeSoU35wM?si=rjmtm888iyqZUf9h&t=66

Which apps do the MHO3 have in the app store.?
Likely the basic app programs like "Office" so you can work the data (CSV) in fx Excel, Word on the scope itself, there also seems to be ES-Filexplorer, and OTA -upgrade app, and this electronic interactive app for various measurements & calculation formulas, that Migsig tends to put on their scopes, but wonder if there is anything added specific to the MHO3?.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2024, 02:14:31 pm by DaneLaw »

The following users thanked this post: egonotto

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

There are only four apps in the AppMarket. But you could probably install apps from the local memory or a USB disk. It would be practical to have an app that can exchange files with the PC and also recognize inserted USB disks.
I can't manage to copy files between the local memory and the USB disk.
It would be nice if the PC software could copy wave files directly to the PC.
I was also unable to put the MHO3 into developer mode.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

my MHO3 had no filter due to a fault that has since been rectified.
ch1 is 1 mV/div and the FFT is from ch1.

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 12:01:35 am by egonotto »

The following users thanked this post: Martin72

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Hello,

my MHO3 had no filter due to a fault that has since been rectified.
ch1 is 1 mV/div and the FFT is from ch1.
:-//
Why is it Ch1 V/div settings are not clearly displayed in a tab and you need state them ?

Each to their own but I only need glance at the V/div setting and mostly do the maths in my head for signal amplitude like we all did in the old days with CRO's without measurements.

So must we engage a channel measurement to know what the signal amplitude is ?
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

there is a band on the right-hand side which also contains the channel settings. However, not everything can be displayed at the same time. My selection in the picture was clumsy. I had only taken the picture for myself and only recently had the idea to post it. In the picture "1 V 10 MHz bandwidth open input.jpg" you can see which information is usually in the right band.

Best regards
egonotto

Online tautech

• Super Contributor
  • Taupaki Technologies Ltd. Siglent Distributor NZ.
    • Taupaki Technologies Ltd.
Hello,

there is a band on the right-hand side which also contains the channel settings. However, not everything can be displayed at the same time. My selection in the picture was clumsy. I had only taken the picture for myself and only recently had the idea to post it. In the picture "1 V 10 MHz bandwidth open input.jpg" you can see which information is usually in the right band.

Best regards
egonotto
V/div and s/div must always be visible and never hidden or in menus IMHO.
This would exclude any DSO from possible selection in my world.
Avid Rabid Hobbyist
Siglent Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/@SiglentVideo/videos

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor

V/div and s/div must always be visible and never hidden or in menus IMHO.
This would exclude any DSO from possible selection in my world.

Hello,

yes, I'm almost of the same opinion. The only thing I don't share is the "exclude" part.
I don't regret buying the MHO3.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: nctnico

• Frequent Contributor
If its the serial right side banner, then its just the arrow down below to get the native ch info banner.

For a modern dedicated bench oscilloscope with 12-bit vertical resolution, I find screen size & resolution very important, as that is my info-canvas and I don't wanna be undermined by something as  fundamental as the screen.
- can you work on a small screen with low resolution' - of course, works okay, as we have seen for decades.

I understand on a mobile handheld scope that there are limits on how big you can make the screen without making it cumbersome to move around and hold one-handed, but on a bench oscilloscope where size is relative..
nope, make the screen big, and put a big gorgeous high-resolution screen of good quality in it.! (that is so fundamental in a modern 2024 oscilloscope, not least when you get up in a certain pricelevel)

1920x1200p = above 2.3mio pixels at 14" (MHO3/MDO/ETO series)
1024x600 = a tad over 600k pixels at 10".. On a high-resolution benchscope, then at least suit it up with a matching big "high-resolution" screen.

On MHO3 I believe that screen is actually a 16:10 ratio, so you get even more vertical screen, vs a 16:9 for those precious vertical bits., which is definitely a plus.

The MHO3 Micsig GUI looks (for a good part) to be the same as previous Micsig models, just with some added bells & whistles (that IMO was long overdue) and obviously way higher resolution, as my battery-unit are 600p 8" screen and a fraction of the 1200p, as on MHO3
It's a UI that is based around a touch interface, - and then later they added knobs, the majority of Micsig oscilloscopes are without knobs, its only STOxxxxC/E and MHO3 & MDO line, that got knobs as far as I remember.

And one of the big hurdles (IMO, at least in previous Micsig models) I reckon Its a shame that Micsig didn't optimize more of their features for knobs & button interface..- on my unit there are 7x clickable potentiometer knobs - and 23 buttons incl. a shift-button that will open up for secondary features for each of these, so you have a lot of tools to work with if Micsig actually optimized for it.
I would have loved if one of the knobs was dedicated to intensity or heatmap or the variable filters, fx through the lightable shift-button.

An example of the UI on the older 8" STOxxxC/E  (I really like the variable bw-filtering, which goes from full bw down to 30KHz on my unit, with 1k Hz intervals,and where it seems to go down to as low as 30Hz on MHO3)

BW filt 3.18
« Last Edit: March 21, 2024, 03:15:30 am by DaneLaw »

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

here are new noise measurements.

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 07:40:14 am by egonotto »

• Frequent Contributor
What is your peak waveform update rate on the MHO3, just in normal auto-memory-mode, where the scope controls the 360Mpts
I don't think Micsig operates with these elevated waveform update seq modes, as we see from some vendors, like fx DHO series from Rigol, where the promoted values, reflect a severely handicapped mode while in practice it was more like 1/20 that Dave was getting.

Im familiar with the official tolerances, but Micsig often put these quite conservative

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

it is 8.1 Hz with 360 MS
and 40 Hz with 10 ns/div and 1.8 kS
50 kHz with segmented memory 1 ns/div and 1.8 kS and 10000 segments.
But the intervals between individual trigger points are sometimes only about 1.1 us.

Best regards
egonotto
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 06:07:07 pm by egonotto »

The following users thanked this post: DaneLaw

• Frequent Contributor
If I recall correctly the spec sheet claims 230.000  wfm/s for the MHO3 with its 360mpts.  (in auto mem-mode??) though obviously peak, with a relatively fast timebase like 50ns and will vary greatly from timebase to timebase

// an older vid. +1min
« Last Edit: March 22, 2024, 07:23:14 pm by DaneLaw »

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

what I still don't understand is why they use a Mic-OPI™ probe interface for the Aux Out.
It makes no sense to me. I don't know of any other oscilloscopes that use a probe interface for their outputs.

Best regards
egonotto

The following users thanked this post: Performa01, Martin72

Offline egonotto

• Frequent Contributor
Hello,

I can only achieve the 230,000 wfms/s in segmented mode. Otherwise maximum 40 wfms/s.

It looks like there are still errors. I also cannot change the brightness of the waveform.

Best regards
egonotto

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf