Author Topic: GSG-5 Series GNSS simulator and exploration  (Read 208 times)

Offline ArsenioDevTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • DiscountMissiles: my portfolio and landing page
GSG-5 Series GNSS simulator and exploration
« on: April 23, 2024, 06:45:21 pm »
Recently needed to acquire capabilities to simulate GNSS for a variety of reasons, so I snagged a discount GSG-54 8ch sim.
These were higher on my list due to actual software support and availability of control stuff vs the Spirent units which are best described as "good luck, have fun, not happening"
Of course I slid off the covers to inspect ASAP.
Looks to be based around a LPC3250 SOM from embedded artists. No immediately visible serial port either.
Will have to break out logic analyzer to inspect the high pin count 2.54 headers for serial.
Weird note is I cannot seem to enumerate the ethernet port, set to auto IP but never raises the link to a switch.
Firmware is VERY out of date and I have sent a request to Safran(parent company who bought the others) for firmware upgrade chain.
More exploration to come

The following users thanked this post: Kean, ch_scr

Offline ArsenioDevTopic starter

• Regular Contributor
    • DiscountMissiles: my portfolio and landing page
Re: GSG-5 Series GNSS simulator and exploration
« Reply #1 on: Yesterday at 07:55:02 pm »
Bad news, Looks like the unit I obtained is broken in odd ways. Ethernet is non-responsive and does not initiate a link, USB fails IVI with a timeout and I cannot update the firmware.
Did however obtain the firmware chain from Safran, I will repost it when I am back in the office for future ref.
If anyone has a 2014ish vintage of GSG Studioview it would be appreciated, would like to take one more attempt at cracking it onto a newer firmware rev before giving up.

The following users thanked this post: Kean

Online Kean

• Supporter
  • Embedded systems & IT consultant
    • Kean Electronics
Re: GSG-5 Series GNSS simulator and exploration
« Reply #2 on: Yesterday at 08:17:37 pm »
Thanks for the update.
Great to hear Safran responded, but sad to hear you aren't having any luck with comms.

I own one of the (mostly useless) Spirent units (GSS4100).

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf