Author Topic: Hameg HM7044 usage question -- meter mode and PROG button  (Read 414 times)

Offline wpmcnamaraTopic starter

Hameg HM7044 usage question -- meter mode and PROG button
« on: February 14, 2021, 01:55:48 am »
I recently picked up a Hameg HM7044 as an addition to my bench.  I am somewhat befuddled by the PROG button and how it makes the unit behave.  The relevant section of the manual is quoted below.

The wording, at least in English, is very poor in the manual.  What I have figured out is that pressing PROG, followed by SEL, toggles whether the selection mode is automatically ended after this first setting.  The manual says "If several changes shall be done for the same channel(s), the automatic termination of the selection mode can be prevented by operating the PROG.-button after the SEL-button . The PROG. LED glows This setting mode can be left by pressing the SEL-button or the PROG.-button again."  This certainly doesn't appear to be the behavior.

If the PROG LED is lit, and I hit the A button, there is a 5 second pause, then the unit beeps and the display switch to monitoring actual output of the channels, rather than the normal mode of either displaying the set current/voltage for disabled channels and the set values for disabled channels.  Further, in this mode, the panel adjustment knobs are disabled.  You can still change the set values with direct numeric entry though.  The most annoying thing is that I have not been able to figure out how to get back to the other display mode, short of power cycling.

So I'm hoping that someone who has one of these units,  and it more familiar with it than I, can explain what the PROG key is actually supposed to do.  I'm assuming that the manual is just translated wrong, but is there any way to toggle the display back? 

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf