Author Topic: Hantek 1025G = new USB generator or the DDS-3X25 in new clothes?  (Read 14453 times)

Offline marmadTopic starter

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
Hantek 1025G = new USB generator or the DDS-3X25 in new clothes?
« on: November 04, 2012, 10:13:42 am »
Announced 6 days ago: http://www.hantek.com/english/news_list.asp?unid=40 = the DDS-3X25 repackaged.

I guess Hantek thinks this horse still has legs - but the question is: does it come with Goltek software, Mechatrommer?  :D
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:32:08 am by marmad »

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
  • reassessing directives...
Re: Hantek 1025G = new USB generator or the DDS-3X25 in new clothes?
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, 11:14:04 am »
duh! i'm dissapointed. why? few points...
1) i expect this is to be a stand alone unit. wrong! another pc based fg?
2) ok fair, by the name of it... 1025, i thought they managed to view and implement my hack so they can provide ±10V output amplitude. wrong again! still ±3.5V
3) "25Mz arbitrary waveform output" wtf is Mz?
4) the cd driver showing pc-based DSO. they have lazy guy working in their company.

on the good side though, our 3x25 still wont look that bad ;)
alum. casing? i have that for my external HDD if i'm really that desperate i can rip that apart and mod the 3x25 to 10x25-Al
and about the goltek, its "open binary" so anybody who bought the 1025 may test whether there's FW change or simply an exact 100% duplicate.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, 11:33:01 am by Mechatrommer »
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, 11:29:41 am »
I think it's the exact same device - on a slightly modified PCB. I'm sure they didn't put any extra work into firmware/software.

Probably the massive DDS-3X25 thread here on EEVBlog - and everyone's hacking efforts (especially you ;) ) - breathed new life into a product that had been nearing the end.

Offline asbokid

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, 11:59:47 am »
I think it's the exact same device - on a slightly modified PCB. I'm sure they didn't put any extra work into firmware/software.

Probably the massive DDS-3X25 thread here on EEVBlog - and everyone's hacking efforts (especially you ;) ) - breathed new life into a product that had been nearing the end.

Thanks to mechatrommer and others for their help in that massive thread, I just took the plunge :-)

cheers, a

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, 06:38:16 pm »
IF i ever recall, the DDS-3x25 is discontinued though hundreds of thousands of them are still lying around
But this is essentially a DDS-3x25 in new Hantek packaging... I like seeing them in aluminium though. Could be fun to try and find a 5.25" case
Note : The listed weight is exactly the same which leads to me to think they just copied and pasted the data, i doubt a aluminium case itself is 300grams
Besides that everything is exactly the same

Offline Bored@Work

• Super Contributor
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, 08:40:09 pm »
Someone is asking USD 244 for one.
http://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/NEW-Function-Arbitrary-Waveform-Generator-Hantek1025G25MHz-Arb-Wave-200MSa-s-DDS/506853_661191276.html

One new feature seems to be USBXI, a kind of USB interface they now use if you want to chain multiple generators. Instead of the DIY cable one had to do for the DDS-3X25.
I delete PMs unread. If you have something to say, say it in public.
For all else: Profile->[Modify Profile]Buddies/Ignore List->Edit Ignore List

Offline grenert

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2012, 06:10:17 am »
alum. casing? i have that for my external HDD if i'm really that desperate i can rip that apart and mod the 3x25 to 10x25-Al
Mecha- It's not just any aluminum casing.  I quote:
Excellent industrial design-the same anodised aluminium casing as iPad, which is not only beautiful and tasteful but also greatly enhanced the hardness of aluminum alloy surface, and has good heat resistance and strong wearability.
 ::)

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2012, 09:31:48 am »
Mecha- It's not just any aluminum casing.  I quote:
Excellent industrial design-the same anodised aluminium casing as iPad, which is not only beautiful and tasteful but also greatly enhanced the hardness of aluminum alloy surface, and has good heat resistance and strong wearability.
 ::)
;D

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2012, 09:41:20 am »
LOL with that!  ;D
I don't think i want iPad-ish aluminium though, i would probably scratch it everytime i lifted it off the table! Heat resistant ... is that the reason why the iPad 3 has such a massive surface and still feels hot as hell when using it?
I prefer 4130 alloy aluminium, tough as hell.

On the price side it's a bit pricey compared to the original 3x25 so no thanks but prices will come down

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #9 on: November 05, 2012, 09:48:57 am »
yeah unfortunately i dont have a need (and money) for that now. if BaW figure is right... 1025 is $244, lets round off to $250. 3x25 is $150, with $100 difference, you can buy another cheapo logic analyzer or something. i can even recommend the $15 FG on the other thread if you dont need the arbitrary feature, and buy your GF beers for many times. the sensible upgrade for me after the 3x25 is a standalone unit, not another ipad casing 3x25, not an empty reply when you send email "please send me full doc of the API i can develop for you for free". someone must hate me for this kind of advice but well, sorry "i cannot satisfy everybody" and i'm not politician. YMMV.
Nature: Evolution and the Illusion of Randomness (Stephen L. Talbott): Its now indisputable that... organisms “expertise” contextualizes its genome, and its nonsense to say that these powers are under the control of the genome being contextualized - Barbara McClintock

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #10 on: November 05, 2012, 06:56:45 pm »
Fairly expensive new clothes, methinks, and it would be good to know how much of its resurrection was related to eevblog and Mecha's good work.

http://www.hantek.com/english/news_list.asp?unid=13

http://www.hantek.com/english/news_list.asp?unid=40

What remains of old stock 3x25 are fairly scarce, I just checked taobao and eBay USA, so if anyone is interested get it before it disappears completely.

Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline tlu

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #11 on: November 05, 2012, 07:14:09 pm »
yeah unfortunately i dont have a need (and money) for that now. if BaW figure is right... 1025 is $244, lets round off to $250. 3x25 is $150, with $100 difference, you can buy another cheapo logic analyzer or something. i can even recommend the $15 FG on the other thread if you dont need the arbitrary feature, and buy your GF beers for many times. the sensible upgrade for me after the 3x25 is a standalone unit, not another ipad casing 3x25, not an empty reply when you send email "please send me full doc of the API i can develop for you for free". someone must hate me for this kind of advice but well, sorry "i cannot satisfy everybody" and i'm not politician. YMMV.

I'm thinking about picking one of these up, the dds-3x25 that is. My question is; will your mod work with any version of the firmware? I would like to know before purchasing.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, 08:36:34 pm »
...not an empty reply when you send email...
I'm thinking about picking one of these up, the dds-3x25 that is. My question is; will your mod work with any version of the firmware? I would like to know before purchasing.
the only way to know is:
1) buy one and test.
2) email hantek ;)
i dont think "soasystem engineering" will support or upgrade the goltek software in case of incompatibility.
unless "MAYBE" if someone kind enough to send one test unit to Malaysia :P

Offline saturation

• Super Contributor
  • Doveryai, no proveryai
    • NIST
« Reply #13 on: November 05, 2012, 10:45:53 pm »
IIRC there was never a firmware upgrade to the 3x25, just desktop software.  So, the odds favor if you get one it will work with mecha's software.

For $100 more, the new chassis and USBxi  :o [ what is it anyway?  Can't find any data on it except from Hantek products] :

« Last Edit: November 05, 2012, 10:54:56 pm by saturation »
Best Wishes,

Saturation

Offline tlu

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #14 on: November 05, 2012, 11:12:50 pm »
Thank you all for your feedback. I guess the risk is low and it will work with Mecha's software.

Online Mechatrommer

• Super Contributor
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2012, 04:55:54 am »
yeah i forgot the point saturation mentioned. another way to test it is, download the 1025 software and see if it works on 3x25. if it is, you should bet goltek should be compatible with 1025, but dont blame me if you lose the bet.

Offline tlu

• Regular Contributor
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2012, 06:20:10 am »
Thanks Mechatrommer. I'll try that once I get the unit.

Offline tinhead

• Super Contributor
    • If you like my hacks, send me a donation
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2012, 09:56:06 am »
it is the same device (oh well, maybe with very few changes). What's more curious is the even "newer" stand alone AWG

http://www.hantek.com.cn/english/produce_list.asp?unid=156

It looks for me like something i already saw before, wasn't that Siglent? Ehm f* .. wondering why Hantek announced a YEAR ago
new gears (and there was a nice AWG on the list, check here https://www.eevblog.com/forum/product-reviews-photos-and-discussion/new-hantek-gears-released/ ) and now they producing just another one "crap clone"

EDIT: haha, no, it's famous Gongchang One Hung Low Limited (functionality) MFG3000CH series AWG:

http://product.ch.gongchang.com/d507418739.html

Oh well, i hope only that Hantek bought Gongchang (which is probably not the case, there are others selling exact the same
Gongchang AWG out there, and well why to buy a company when you can only rebadge products) and not just re-selling
rebadged crap.

« Last Edit: January 02, 2015, 11:08:31 pm by tinhead »
I don't want to be human! I want to see gamma rays, I want to hear X-rays, and I want to smell dark matter ...
I want to reach out with something other than these prehensile paws and feel the solar wind of a supernova flowing over me.

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2012, 11:03:35 am »
yeah i forgot the point saturation mentioned. another way to test it is, download the 1025 software and see if it works on 3x25. if it is, you should bet goltek should be compatible with 1025, but dont blame me if you lose the bet.

The link for the Driver/Software/Manual/SDK for the Hantek1025G takes you to the download page for the DDS-3X25... so my guess would be...um... yeah.... compatible  ;)
« Last Edit: November 22, 2012, 11:33:04 am by marmad »

Offline T4P

• Super Contributor
    • T4P
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2012, 01:57:25 pm »
The gongchang unit finally debunked = Atten ATF series! I didn't know they make it.

• Super Contributor
    • DaysAlive
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2012, 02:38:25 pm »
For $100 more, the new chassis and USBxi  :o [ what is it anyway?  Can't find any data on it except from Hantek products] :

I'm also guessing that USBxi is exactly the same bus as the "Multiprocessor Link" on the DDS-3X25 - just renamed.

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf