Author Topic: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO  (Read 855469 times)

Offline edovis

• LU5HED
    • LinkedIn Profile
Re: Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO
« Reply #1075 on: February 06, 2019, 10:48:09 pm »
I've been getting this issue too since windows decided to update itself. I'm running Windows 10 and PC keeps telling me that the driver for DRIVER1 is corrupted |O . I've already tried everything and couldn't get it to work again
Electronic Engineer. Passionate about RF communications, space technology and metrology

Offline Microcheap

• Frequent Contributor
« Reply #1076 on: February 07, 2019, 02:57:15 am »
Hantek's USB drivers are a mess. Try to do this: Open the Windows Device Manager and mark the option "Show hidden devices" in "View" menu. Remove all Hantek drivers. Unplug an plug the device again to confirm that there is no driver left in the system. When you see only the yellow exclamation mark, download the latest drivers from Hantek and manually install the Win 10 driver (even if you are using Windows 7), apparently this is the newest driver and what worked better for me. I am using Win 10 but I tested it in a Win7 VM.

I don't have a 6022BL at hands now, but I quickly tested the Open6022BE PR19 with a 6022BE and couldn't reproduce the hanging problem, there is a lot of other bugs, but no hanging. It is a shame the developer stopped working on Open6022BE and nobody could took over the project, it is really promising and by far the best alternative to the official software. I wish I had the skills...
Anyway, I got the PR19 version from the link https://jumpshare.com/v/bviO41a4x8CiAaSSbama

Offline MarkFalk

« Reply #1077 on: February 07, 2019, 02:58:42 pm »
I am not familiar with the open-source-stuff, so I would like to ask:
I have seen that the github-openhantek-project also has a Windows-Version:
https://github.com/OpenHantek/openhantek
This version seems to be for 64bit only. Isn´t there a 32bit-Version?

Offline MarkFalk

« Reply #1078 on: February 08, 2019, 04:47:38 pm »
I would be very interested in what you've done with the front end

I also stacked (in a very bodgy fashion) SMD capacitors on top of ALL the bypassing capacitors for the USB Micro and ADC.

Then I stacked SMD Capacitors on the larger of the three SMDs before the DC-DC (C103 & C105) and I stacked the SMD Capacitors on the other side, specifically the large ones going between +5 and -5 and the ones going from +5 to GND and -5 to GND, both before and after the Inductors.

Any recommendations reg. the values of the added SMD-caps?

Offline MarkFalk

« Reply #1079 on: February 08, 2019, 05:06:58 pm »
Hi
I've added the Lissajous figure to PCSCOPE (version 1.7)
See attached figure
Fabio

Yesterday I checked the last version of PCScope I found. I like it esp. the top "preview"-window. It runs also with 6022bl after replacing the  HTMarch.dll by the HTMarch.dll from BL´s SDK-package (after reading the reg. posts here I exspected that it also supports the 6022BL but it did not so). But there are some bug, maybe depending on using BL´s HTMarch.dll (I own a 6022BL, so I can not check this with a 6022BE):
- The top preview-Window only shows "events", waves, of channel 1.
- The vertikal position of the channels is not adjustable - sometimes it is good drawing them on the same baseline (zero), but sometimes the "traditional" appearance with left channel in the upper and right channel in the lower part od the screen is better.
- Changing the V/div-adjustment only works when both channels are set to the same value
- When changing the time of data aquiring ("recording") the timebase-adjustment is set to a low value (w/o a need)
- The software looses all adjustments (e.g. activated channel, probe x1/x10) when leaving/closing.

Regards, Mark

Offline MarkFalk

« Reply #1080 on: February 08, 2019, 05:20:35 pm »
Hantek's USB drivers are a mess. Try to do this: Open the Windows Device Manager and mark the option "Show hidden devices" in "View" menu. Remove all Hantek drivers. Unplug an plug the device again to confirm that there is no driver left in the system. When you see only the yellow exclamation mark, download the latest drivers from Hantek and manually install the Win 10 driver (even if you are using Windows 7), apparently this is the newest driver and what worked better for me. I am using Win 10 but I tested it in a Win7 VM.

I also tried the Win10-driver but there is no difference - only driver2 is installed. While testing the scop-softwares I did not reaize a difference between using Win7- oder Win10-driver.

I solved the problem with the non-working open6022 by using the really latest BL-HTMarch.dll from BL´s SDK-package (from Hantek´s homepage). The HTMarch.dll found in other directories of BL´s software-packacke is a little bit older. When using this youngest HTMarch.dll all third-party-software (BasicScope, PCScope, Open6022) is working.

Unsolved is the driver2-only-problem. I have forced to install driver1, but this installs driver1 only AND none software is working with (only) driver1. The Hantek-software does not akquire data and the other software do not work because it does not find the device/driver. I did not find a way installing driver1 AND driver2.

Offline MarkFalk

« Reply #1081 on: February 08, 2019, 05:44:07 pm »
I also testet the available Saleae-software with my 6022BL, versions 1.1.15 and some newer versions up to 1.2.28. All 8-channel-versions Logic 8 worked, none else , esp. not the Logic16-versions, doesn´t matter what driver (kind and version) is installed. The Logic16-version are running but when aquiring data it reports that the data-rate is to high, but it says the same also with the lowest data-rate. Maybe it works with an older Logic16-Version, but the oldest version availabe on the Saleae-homepage ist 1.1.15.

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1082 on: February 10, 2019, 10:18:04 pm »
Some days ago I got my 6022BE. The OpenHantek program works quite good but I found out that the displayed voltages are quite inaccurate. So I cloned the git repo and added the possibility to put calibration values into a simple text config file that is read at program start. Tested under debian stable & testing. I've also sent a pull request but unfortunately the original project is unmaintained at the moment.

My Repo:
https://github.com/Ho-Ro/openhantek
« Last Edit: February 14, 2019, 03:03:03 pm by horo »

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1083 on: February 26, 2019, 12:53:17 pm »
Hi Charles,

I'm also about to modify the input stage of my 6022B. Your approach is ok as long as you don't want to measure small voltages, because you lose resolution. Wouldn't it be better to use a 1:10 probe to measure >5V?
My device only measures up to +4.8 V before the signal is limited. The problem with the 6022BE is that the ADC AD9288 operates far outside its spec. Correct is +- 512 mV between Ain and /Ain where the common mode voltage should be 0.7...1.1 V. With our device the common mode voltage is 0 V :( Have a look at Common-Mode Voltage: https://github.com/Ho-Ro/Hantek6022API/blob/master/hardware/AD9288_spec.png
Due to R8 inside the AD9288 the output of the U11 is also pulled up a liitle bit so that my real input range in is -5.2V..+4.8V.
My approach is similar to yours, but I only reduce R31/21 from 100k to 90k to be able to safely measure my 5V TTL levels without clipping and use a 1:10 divider for higher voltages (I am planning to build a 1:100 divider for 230V mains measurements).
As I use the device with linux only I'm able to change the program. I'm using OpenHantek https://github.com/Ho-Ro/openhantek that allows me to read in an individual calibration file with offset and gain for each channel and each gain step. Therefore I don't need to stick on factor 1/10.
I've collected some more HW documentation in my github repo https://github.com/Ho-Ro/Hantek6022API in directory "hardware".

Ciao, Martin

Offline USA - Charles

« Reply #1084 on: February 26, 2019, 10:52:28 pm »
Note: I remove the post about the modification because the modification had not been tested and I have sold the unit.  I decided that the 6022be didn't fit my needs.

Hi Horo, Ciao, Martin

I could add a jumper or a switch to select which side of the 90K ohm resistors would be used for the input for the ADC AD9288 then the factory mode or the modified mode could be selected.  The problem is that I need to scope in 50v to 75v range and that is above the factory x10 probe voltage limit.  I'll take a look at the links you provided.

I look on Ebay and the only low cost 100x probes are located in China and the sellers all have below the 99% positive feedback that I look for.  I have purchase from China before and have about a 50% chance of getting the order.

Sinking more  money into this scope may not be a good path to follow.  I'm thinking about chipping out the money and replace it with something better.

Thanks for comments.
« Last Edit: March 04, 2019, 11:47:26 pm by USA - Charles »

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1085 on: February 27, 2019, 12:48:03 pm »
Hi Charles,

I understand your measurement requirement, using a switch between 100kOhm / 10kOhm and using a 1:10 probe looks like the best solution for all use cases.
BTW: Which software do you use? The stock SW that comes with the scope or the RichardK SW mentioned here in the thread? You could also have a look at the Windows version of OpenHantek, fresh build available at: https://ci.appveyor.com/project/Ho-Ro/openhantek/build/artifacts

Martin

Offline USA - Charles

« Reply #1086 on: March 01, 2019, 12:48:47 am »
Horo ask which software I use and I'm using BasicScope and Open6022be.  OpenHantek, has not work for me, I tried it on one computer with 64 version of Windows.  The other two software programs I run on a old desktop and a old laptop using Windows XP and Windows 7 (32bit).  I would like to try Hscope (http://hscope.martinloren.com/) on an Android tablet but I wonder if a tablet could provide the needed power for the 6022be.

« Last Edit: March 01, 2019, 12:50:52 am by USA - Charles »

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1087 on: March 01, 2019, 11:11:44 am »
I would like to try Hscope (http://hscope.martinloren.com/) on an Android tablet but I wonder if a tablet could provide the needed power for the 6022be.
It works with my setup: Use the Y-cable delivered with the scope - black to the phone (via USB OTG adapter), red to a USB charger or a powerbank. With a powerbank you have a perfect mobile setup.

Martin

Offline Zeppola

« Reply #1088 on: March 08, 2019, 06:43:08 pm »
Hi there, this is my first post in this forum.... :)
I'm trying to post-process the data generated in .txt or .bewf format, but I can't find a way to determine the time division, in other words the time resolution between two consecutive samples. The .bewf file provides the number of samples and the draw size, but this is not sufficient to determine the sampling frequency (clock). On the other hand, the .txt file gives the clock, but not the draw size.   |O
Any reason for not having both parameters in these files?
Otherwise, is there a way to determine the time resolution between 2 samples using either the .txt or the .bewf file?  :-//
Thanks in advance

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
Hantek 6022BE 20MHz USB DSO - New: OpenHantek v2.0
« Reply #1089 on: March 26, 2019, 11:02:19 am »
Hi,

Please check out the latest update of OpenHantek at https://github.com/Ho-Ro/openhantek
Main changes are the use of a new firmware that is heavily based upon the sigrok firmware for 6022BE and 6022BL. This approach has the advantage to use a stable base and most important to have a valid code base for 6022BL - the exotic one of the 6022 twins.
FW development: https://github.com/Ho-Ro/Hantek6022API
New OpenHantek (and FW) features:
* Clipping indicator at bottom left
* Trigger mode Normal, Auto and Single
* Select the calibration output frequency between 50 Hz and 100 kHz in 1/2/5/10 steps (new FW required)
* More tolerant to the underlying OpenGL version, automatic selection of the correct internal implementation.

Prebuilt binaries available: https://github.com/Ho-Ro/openhantek/releases
Tested under linux and macOS
Windows user: Please test

Issues and pull requests are welcome at github

Martin

UPDATE 9-April: v2.0 released - https://github.com/Ho-Ro/openhantek/releases/tag/v2.0
« Last Edit: April 09, 2019, 08:52:03 pm by horo »

The following users thanked this post: Microcheap, MomirPeh, raxis13

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1090 on: April 26, 2019, 08:58:45 am »
Hi,

My active branch has moved to the OpenHantek project on github to bundle all activities in one place.
https://github.com/OpenHantek/OpenHantek6022
Latest release v2.01 has some improvements, most important: No freeze of user interaction when sampling is paused. Now you can e.g. measure, pause, change gain and offset and finally create a png/pdf or csv.
Works on linux and macOS.

WANTED: Windows volunteer testers.

Martin

The following users thanked this post: MomirPeh, raxis13

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1091 on: May 23, 2019, 11:02:22 am »
Another big step: OpenHantek6022 now only supports 6022BE and 6022BL, all older devices (2090, 2150, 2250 and 5200) have been removed (because I don't own any of these devices and can't test them). Also, these devices behave very differently in USB communication and require a variety of switch cases and #defines and inflate the code unnecessarily. The good result is that OpenHantek6022 is now completely free open source - all nonfree Hantek firmware is now removed. 6022 has been using my free open source firmware already for quite some time.

New feature: A check box for the included X10 probes, now the measurement and display doesn't have to be converted anymore - a simplification especially for hobby users and beginners.

Martin

P.S.: The nasty amplitude "pumping" of the spectrum trace is fixed with v2.08 - now I display the _magnitude_ of the spectrum (i.e. sqrt( real*real + imag*imag )) instead of the real part only of the complex result of the discrete fourier transform. -> read more.

P.S.: Version v2.09 allows slower timebases 20, 50 and 100 ms/div with increased sample sizes up to 200 kS (-> 2 s sample time).

P.S.: Version v2.10  uses downsampling (100kS/s down to 10, 20, 50 kS/s) to increase the SNR for low frequency measurement (e.g. audio). It also ensures the loading of the up-to-date firmware if an older firmware was uploaded previously into the scope RAM (e.g. by using an older OpenHantek version or the Hantek original software without unplugging the device afterwards).

P.S.: v2.11-rc1 is available for testing.

P.S.: v2.11-rc2 uses 10x downsampling on slow samplerates (<= 1MS/s) (gives about 10 dB better SNR).
« Last Edit: June 23, 2019, 08:59:08 pm by horo »

The following users thanked this post: Tech_JA, MomirPeh

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1092 on: June 28, 2019, 11:33:07 am »
Hi,

v2.11 is available, main enhancement is the AC math mode that allows to calculate the AC part of Ch1 or Ch2 and display it in higher resolution. It's not a real AC mode (missing due to stupid HW limitation) but allows to have a better look at small AC signals with moderate DC offset, see attached screen shots of a 2.5 V eff sine with +50 V DC offset. The function generator was adjusted so that the scope's input range (+- 50V with 1:10 probe) was slightly exceeded, see the red clipping indicator bottom left.
I checked also the windows build in a virtual W7 machine and it doesn't show obvious glitches (beside the slower performance due to virtualisation).

Have fun
Martin

« Last Edit: June 28, 2019, 11:46:36 am by horo »

The following users thanked this post: raxis13

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1093 on: July 09, 2019, 11:56:55 am »
Hi,
I recently installed, under Windows 10 and XP, the Hantek 6022BE oscilloscope. Unfortunately the FFT function included in the Hantek software has several problems (horizontal axis is badly defined in frequencies, peaks values of frequencies are unreadable...). Chance made me discover your OpenHantek6022 software, which seem particularly interesting.  But, i could not install the libUSB and winUSB drivers under Windows 10 which display the following error messages:
"The file libusb-1.0.21-win.7z can not be opened as an archive"
"The compressed winusb driver.zip folder is not valid".
Please excuse-me for my poor english, and thank you by advance for your help.

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1094 on: July 09, 2019, 06:54:38 pm »
Hi,
My previous problems with libusb-1.0.21-win.7z104 kO and winusb driver.zip 4707 kO are now solved.  These two files were corrupted.  I have installed LibusbK using  zadig-2.4.exe on my PC (ACER Aspire M3400  2.60 GHz  RAM 16 Go, X64) running under Windows 10 family version 1709.   Then i shut down the computer and restart.

OpenHantek-Win-x86-Release-b67 had been installed before.  Every thing up to now seem OK.  To morrow, i will begin the tests, and i will give you more information later.

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1095 on: July 09, 2019, 08:05:15 pm »
Hi raxis13,

I'm happy to read that you found a solution. I also checked the Zadig solution some days ago (on a virtual win7 test installation) and now found some time to rework the documentation on github accordingly.
Please test and report, I'm also interested in your opinion about the FFT and signal processing because you mentioned that you don't like Hantek's original software (that I don't know as I do not use windows).

Martin

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1096 on: July 15, 2019, 01:14:41 pm »
Hi Martin,
I needed to insert images into my reply, but I am not familiar with the post, so i produce a pdf file that i attached to my post.
Regards.
Raxis13

Offline horo

• Regular Contributor
    • My GitHub Projects
« Reply #1097 on: July 16, 2019, 12:31:16 pm »
Hi Raxis13,

Thank you for testing so thoroughly!
The OpenHantek6022 project started as a linux software to handle Hantek DSOs of the 2000 and the 5000 line, 6022 support was added later. As 6022 is different to 2xxx and 5xxx the program had a lot of compromises. After the original maintainer of the github repo resigned I cloned it and removed all non-6022 stuff – development is still under linux. MacOSX and Windows builds are created by CI (continuous integration) tools travis and appveyor, but untested unless sometimes a short win check in a virtual win7 machine. So I cannot help with win installation.

To the program itself. Its display was designed to resemble a real HW scope so that everybody who had used a scope before (even an old analog non-storage scope) should be familiar with this SW.

Also if you do some checks be sure to know what signals you are using, either by using a well known signal, e.g. from a signal generator or the mains signal (after a transformer, never measure directly the mains voltage!) or by attaching another scope or by measuring with a DMM (digital multi meter).

Now to your questions:
> For the tests I used the 1Mhz square reference signal.

Where did you get this signal? From the screen shots I suspect you took the calibration output of the scope and selected 50 Hz. Please look at the Horizontal mini window -> Calibration out. This signal (on the two contacts on the right of the scope) is a square wave 0V/2V with 1 kHz on each program start (to be consistent with the label) but you can select 50 Hz..100 kHz in 1 / 2 / 5 / 10 … steps.

> 1/ Big problems to find a correct adjustment of parameters for a normal display of the signal.

Select the “Timebase” accordingly, the “Samplerate” will be adjusted automatically but you can change it without affecting “Timebase” if you want. Select the correct Trigger Mode (Auto = show always a trace, even if not triggered, Normal = show only a triggered trace, Single = take one trace by pressing SPACE. Select the correct Trigger Source = CH1 or CH2 and the wanted Slope (/ = up, \ = down). The trigger level (in Volt) can be adjusted with the small red arrow on the right side, the trigger time position on the screen (0..100%) can be adjusted with the small red arrow on top (as mentioned in your topic 5/).

> 2/ Without a manual, I am very bored with the display values that seemed not in accordance with the signal.
For instance, you can see that there is : Time base 100ms/div ; 50 divisions on the horizontal axis ; 50 periods of this signal 1MHz are visible on the screen = 50 microseconds. So we should have 1 microsecond by div.
Problem, or not?

Please look at my screen shots some posts above. The display has 10 time divisions and 8 voltage divisions (the dotted lines, just like a real scope). The default brightness of these lines is quite low, but you can change this in the menu Oscilloscope/Colors. As said the signal is not 1 MHz but (as you can see in the bottom measurement line) CH1 is 50 Hz.

> What means all these values on the bottom of the screen.

From left to right:
Channel, coupling (in our case only DC, for MATH it is the function), voltage resolution (e.g. 1V/div), spectrum resolution (e.g. 10dB/div), DC part of the signal (average), AC part of the signal, RMS of the signal, i.e. sqrt( DC² + AC²), frequency of the signal.

> When i move the white markers 1 and 2 at the beginning and at the end of 1 period I found a difference of 20ms. Or normally I should have 1 microsecond. What is wrong?
3/ Sample rate : 10 kSample / sec. Seem very insufficient for a 1 MHz signal

No, 20ms equates the 50 Hz. This is easily sampled with 10 kSamples/s.

> How to use this red cursor, which give a value in percent (10% on the image)?
This is the trigger position at 10% of screen width.

6/ If you move a small window (Horizontal, Voltage, Spectrum, Trigger) on the right side, you will have a lot of difficulties to reposition them.

You have to do it only once, the program stores the positions.

5/ No horizontal line for CH1 /CH2 measure cursor
No cursor for amplitude measurements on Spectra.
7/ How to use the sensitive areas Markers, CH1…, On, OFF

Select the channel you want, switch it on and draw a rectangle to measure time and voltage/spectrum differencies. You can see the small red rectangle in the middle of the red trace on your big screen shot, and the measured values 75.57 ms/516.1 mV on the right. Play around to get used to it, I never touched this software region.

8/ FFT – Very interesting. In addition we can use a csv file, with all the results.
Where is defined the width of the signal used for the FFT calculus?
How do you define dB for spectrum? Is-it equal to 10 * log10(Vf/Vmax), with Vf = V for the Fourier
frequence f.

The FFT is calculated always over the complete 20 kSamples. You can define the window function in menu Oscilloscope/Analysis.
dB for spectrum is dBV, i.e. 20*log(V(f)/1Vrms), so a 50 Hz sine of 100 mV (rms) gives a peak with -20 dBV at 50 Hz. You can define your reference value in menu Oscilloscope/Analysis e.g. to reference to dBu (=dBm) for audio measurements.

CSV file : what are the units for t, V, f?

Simple SI units -> t = seconds, V = Volt, f = Hz

Always 20 000 samples in the csv file regardless of sample rate 10, 50 or 100 kS/s. Is this useful?

Yes, this is the max amount of samples we can get in one step (we do oversampling of raw 8-bit samples and average to got always 20000 samples that are real voltage samples (C++ double values).

Validity of the calcul :
- problem : positive values founded lines 102, 302,502… (with control value as indicated on the display image). I repeated the test several times (Timebase 100ms) and I found always the same problem.

As you see the spectrum on your screen shot is above 0 dB, it’s clear that you see positive values at 50 Hz, 150 Hz, … (I see that you ticked the X10 probe box on Voltage window but the signal looks like you used a 1:1 probe for the 2Vpp square wave.) This setting is used together with the provided scope probes set to X10 to display the real voltage at the tip of the probe.

But no problem with Timebase 10 or 20 ms.
- with a 1MHz pure square signal we should find the fundamental at 1MHz, then sub harmonics at 3, 5, 7… Mhz.

Please say goodbye to 1 MHz, it is 50 Hz with harmonics at 150, 250,... :)

I intend to compare using CH1 recording with Excel but I have not conclude right now. I need
definitions of units, which are not enough clear for me.

Units see above, simple s, V, Hz :)

I have to thank you again for your testing.
Regarding the translation - there are already German and Portuguese translation files in the source code but I do not see if it's activated, I can check, but only with low priority.

Martin

The following users thanked this post: raxis13

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1098 on: July 16, 2019, 02:37:34 pm »
Hi Martin,

Thank you so much for your quick, accurate and complete answer. I will analyze it in detail and perform a new test, I hope after tomorrow.

Raxis13

Offline raxis13

« Reply #1099 on: July 16, 2019, 06:03:33 pm »
Hi Martin,

I couldn't wait until the day after to morrow.  I checked once  again your software with the help of your answers.  And I can tell you that everything works perfectly.  I changed the color of the grid\screen (Oscilloscope\Settings\Colors : alpha channel 255), and now the dotted lines for division are visible.
Thank you very much Martin, for your help and for this Oscilloscope - Spectrum analyser.  I am very happy to have some to troubleshoot an old radio TSF.

Raxis13

Share me

Digg  Facebook  SlashDot  Delicious  Technorati  Twitter  Google  Yahoo
Smf